Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official 981 on order thread... chime in.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 05:28 AM
orangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by alezone
Ordered mine in March, scheduled to deliver end of August.

Base model PDK in Carrara white with red top and black interior.

*searching for aftermarket 19" 5-spoke rims... found a few but they're not cheap

Roderick RW5

I want these wheels but two problems. They only come in 19's (which I could live with) but they only come in 11" wide. Too wide IMO... I don't want anything to stick out past the qtr lip.

Originally Posted by One@D2Forged
@Alezone Are you considering only five-spoke wheels, or maybe mesh or something else would work? I would love to see a set of our MB1/CV1 or CV3/MB3 or CV08/MB08 from our lineup on the Boxster in Titanium Graphite or Matte Black definitely. With CV3 you would have the similar design features as the ones shown here.

@Orangecrush Definitely red exterior, black interior, then some all pearl white or matte black with a definitely cool looking red stripe on both combinations if you go with aftermarket wheels. We love both combinations and both work very good on the white car and those colors on the wheels! If you both need any help with the idea and selection lemme know!

Yup, black with red stripe... I had found a couple but nothing in the right width or in 20's.

These are my second choice....

I had someone on here photoshop my wheels in black with a red stripe... I like the look.

My first choice was the roderick if I could get it in 20's and 10.5's. I'm sure once the car comes out, more choices will arrive.

Mark

Last edited by orangecrush; 06-25-2012 at 05:57 AM.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:35 AM
Former Vendor
One@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud of
Oh the second choice is pretty similar to our MB1 wheels! We already did a few P-Cars with that setup. For example, on a white 997TT in a Titanium Graphite finish.

Old 07-01-2012, 03:25 PM
rastabuoy is infamous around these parts
Hi Everyone. I am new to this site and patiently waiting on the arrival of my 2013 Boxter like everyone else.

My Configuration is:

Porsche Boxter
PDK Transmission
Infotainment Package
Premium Package
Exterior-Aqua Blue Metallic
Interior- Luxor Beige Leather
Rear Park Assist
19 Inch Boxter S wheels
Sports Design Steering Wheel

My completion of the Boxter is July 8 with I guess a estimated arrival of early to mid August. Hope to see pics of everyones cars as they arrive.

Old 07-03-2012, 05:14 PM
qhb
qhb is infamous around these parts
My car came in Saturday 6/30/2012

Old 07-03-2012, 06:00 PM
orangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by qhb

Beautiful....

Mark

Old 07-04-2012, 12:39 AM
Kelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by qhb
Nice!

Racing Yellow really stands out and works great on the 981, I like it better than the old Speed Yellow.

Old 07-04-2012, 07:39 AM
sjflannery is infamous around these parts
2013 Boxster S Pic

Thought I would share some pictures. Picked it up Monday. Everything I expected and more.

Attached Images      
Old 07-04-2012, 07:44 AM
basalt black body and wheels-black leather interior

more pics....ok I will stop

Attached Images      
Old 07-04-2012, 08:01 AM
Kelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by sjflannery
Thought I would share some pictures. Picked it up Monday. Everything I expected and more.
Congratulations!

Looks like you created your own "Black Edition" so that Porsche don't have to...

Looks beautiful! Park our cars next to each other and we will have a visually stunning black/white contrast!

Old 07-04-2012, 08:52 AM
qhb
qhb is infamous around these parts
sjflannery - very nice car, congrats, your car and mine are polar opposite. Yours is a mean machine and mine is a ball of sunshine !!! I loved it!!!!

Here are some more pictures.

Attached Images      

Last edited by qhb; 07-04-2012 at 08:54 AM.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:06 AM
more pics....ok I will stop
How come your cornering lights are white ..

And Qhb’s are yellow? Was that an option I missed??

Looks great in black too... I really like it.

Congrats

Mark

Old 07-04-2012, 10:20 AM
hawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond repute
You can have the clear lights installed if you prefer. No charge option. If your dealer charges you for this they're being pretty cheap.

Love this shot:

Curviest looking Boxster shot I've seen yet!

Also, on the yellow Boxster I'm really liking the 19" wheels. I think I may make those my winter wheels and get the 20" wheels for summer.

Old 07-04-2012, 10:50 AM
caveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nice
Beautiful - Congratulations!

Old 07-04-2012, 11:53 AM
Mark,
The dealer asked me about the cornering lights. I preferred the white ones and they changed them out at no cost. Sorry, but I don't know what the Qhb's are.
All,
Thanks for the nice comments. I really don't think you can go wrong with any combination

Old 07-04-2012, 12:02 PM
duh...Mark...now realize that Qhb is a fellow poster, and you were referring to his corner light. Sorry

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Official 981 on order thread... chime in.