Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official 981 on order thread... chime in.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 12:04 PM
qhb
qhb is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sjflannery
Mark,
The dealer asked me about the cornering lights. I preferred the white ones and they changed them out at no cost. Sorry, but I don't know what the Qhb's are.
All,
Thanks for the nice comments. I really don't think you can go wrong with any combination
My dealer gave me $50 gift certificate for me to buy the white cornering lights or other stuffs. He said since my car is yellow just leave the yellows on for now and think about it. Can't decide...what to do...what to do...

Old 07-04-2012, 12:08 PM
sjflannery is infamous around these parts
The orange ones definitely work better on your car. I wouldn't touch them. Nice contrast. I think the white ones would look washed out on your. Your's look great

Old 07-04-2012, 01:29 PM
orangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to behold
I really don't think you can go wrong with any combination

I completely agree, I haven’t seen a color I haven’t liked...

duh...Mark...now realize that Qhb is a fellow poster, and you were referring to his corner light. Sorry

Tis cool....

Mark

Old 07-04-2012, 04:38 PM
Kelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of light
Looks like we are covering all the base colors here!

sjflannery with Black, qhb with Racing Yellow, I have Carrara White and Mark is soon getting his Guards Red...

Image if we would meet and line our cars up for for a group picture, would look really great!

Old 07-04-2012, 05:07 PM
orangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Kelderek

sjflannery with Black, qhb with Racing Yellow, I have Carrara White and Mark is soon getting his Guards Red...

Image if we would meet and line our cars up for for a group picture, would look really great!
Well, I know there’s probably a good chance of Flannery and I meeting but I highly doubt I’m coming to Sweden any time soon....lol.

And yes, lots of cool colors, can’t wait to get mine in so I can join you guys.

Mark

Old 07-04-2012, 05:19 PM
Oh, and on a side note.... Since I haven’t found a set of wheels I want, I was going to powder coat my 20” Carrera wheels in satin black.

However, I had a chance to see a guards red 981 at the dealership with a set of satin platinum 20” Carrera wheels. The platinum looks great.

Soooo, I ordered some platinum powder coat and I guess once the car gets here, it’s gonna take another few days before I get to drive my car.

Mark

Old 07-05-2012, 08:51 AM
pecora is infamous around these parts
Now On the Road

Old 07-05-2012, 09:11 AM
Originally Posted by pecora

Link no workie...

Try this...

Looks classic... love the color scheme.

Mark

Last edited by orangecrush; 07-05-2012 at 09:20 AM.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:54 AM
Kelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by orangecrush
Well, I know there’s probably a good chance of Flannery and I meeting but I highly doubt I’m coming to Sweden any time soon....lol.
Even if you do come to Sweden, it's not very practical to bring the car... Most airlines only allow you to bring one carry-on luggage!

Old 07-05-2012, 11:39 AM
qhb
qhb is infamous around these parts
Arrow

Originally Posted by Kelderek

Here are 4 real 981s. Waiting for the red one

Last edited by qhb; 07-05-2012 at 12:25 PM.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by qhb
I'm coming, I'm coming... just a little behind you guys.

Okay, in no way did that come out right....

Another two weeks and my completion date will be here. I'm not sure how long after that but I'm assuming at least 3 weeks.

Mark

Old 07-05-2012, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by qhb
Great montage!
I'll take one of each!

Old 07-06-2012, 06:20 AM
Former Vendor
One@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud of
orangecrush sent you an e-mail with the follow up! All the other guys over here, if you need wheels we've done quite a few Porsche's, the Boxster shouldn't be an issue at all. Just take a look at our gallery and see what you'd like in terms of wheels!

Old 07-06-2012, 12:28 PM
jsprague is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by hawc

Love this shot:

Curviest looking Boxster shot I've seen yet!
WoW Love this car in Black!

What additional paint options did you get for this all Black look?

Exterior package painted, Interior package painted, Supplemental safety roll-bar painted in Exterior color, etc??

Thanks!!

Old 07-06-2012, 09:09 PM
sjflannery is infamous around these parts
Hi,
Other than the 20'a painted the same as the color as the metal (basalt black), there is no additional paint. Full black leather interior, black top. No other color options. Thanks for the nice comments on the car.
Stephen

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Official 981 on order thread... chime in.