Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official 981 on order thread... chime in.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 10:49 PM
qhb
qhb is infamous around these parts
981S at Irvine Cars and Coffee

Took her to Irvine Cars and Coffee this morning...many people showed loves

Old 07-07-2012, 10:55 PM
sjflannery is infamous around these parts
What's not to love. It looks gorgeous.

Old 07-25-2012, 09:41 AM
stixlr8 is infamous around these parts
For those who ordered - what was the earliest date that your dealer accepted the order for your 2013 981? Unfortunately, I have to wait for next year to order a 2014 MY 981, and I want to get my order in as soon as possible, so it would help for me to know this. Thanks.

Old 07-25-2012, 10:27 AM
hawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond repute
Question, are the S and PDK models coming out first and the Base and the manual models coming out later? Or are people kind of getting everything around the same time? The reason I ask is with the 991 it went, S PDK first then S manual, then Base PDK, then Base manual. So if you ordered a base manual you had to wait a few more months than a S PDK. Wondering if the same is true of hte 981 production.

Old 07-25-2012, 10:34 AM
orangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by hawc
Question, are the S and PDK models coming out first and the Base and the manual models coming out later? Or are people kind of getting everything around the same time? The reason I ask is with the 991 it went, S PDK first then S manual, then Base PDK, then Base manual. So if you ordered a base manual you had to wait a few more months than a S PDK. Wondering if the same is true of hte 981 production.

Though I don't have the answer to that, I can tell you that when the new 981 models arrived at the dealership, they had one of everything... that being S's, auto's, manual's, base... etc, etc.

Mark

Old 07-25-2012, 10:40 AM
Kelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by hawc
Here in Europe, the S model was officially introduced first and the base model slightly later. The first intro cars at the dealers were all S.
I don't know how that affected the possibility to place early orders on base models, though.

Old 07-25-2012, 08:24 PM
sjflannery is infamous around these parts
Two launch cars were delivered to my local Tampa dealer during the 3rd week of June. Both were S PDKs. My S manual arrived on June 30. They haven't received another one since

Old 07-26-2012, 08:49 AM
WhatSpeedLimit is infamous around these parts
That yellow Boxster is sick!

Old 11-28-2012, 03:41 PM
billatmcs is infamous around these parts
Getting your 981- from order to delivery

I ordered my 981 the latter part of Sept. with an anticipated build date of Oct. 19. Dealer notified me it was being built starting Oct. 17. Later told that it was on the ship to San Diego on Oct. 24...I live in Northern Calif. I was informed it was released to be trucked to the dealer on Nov. 26, so I may have by the end of the week. Hope they are correct. I traded in my 2009 Cayman in Sept. and am looking forward to some dry weather so I can enjoy the convertible.
Basic Boxster with 6- speed (I am old school)
-Bose sound with accompanying options
-Navigation, again with accompanying options
This is my second Boxster...had a 1999. But it lost it's glamour after the engine turned into a steam engine at 3450 miles. Had a 911 Targa for a few years, but couldn't resist the new Boxster design.

Old 11-29-2012, 08:36 PM
Bones13 is infamous around these parts
Ordered mine in July. Picking her up tomorrow, as the PIO is today. Small dealership here, so lower volume than big city I guess. He can't keep a 981 base or S more than 24-48 hours before it sells.

She is beautiful!

Old 12-03-2012, 09:56 AM
billatmcs is infamous around these parts
Got a call on 11/29 that it had been received that morning. It was preped and I was able to pick it up aroung 6:00 p.m.-- now I have to figure out all the tech stuff that it comes with, but I already like how much better it is compared to my 2009 Cayman. So from build to delivery to West Coast dealer was about 1 and one-half months...not bad.

Originally Posted by billatmcs
I ordered my 981 the latter part of Sept. with an anticipated build date of Oct. 19. Dealer notified me it was being built starting Oct. 17. Later told that it was on the ship to San Diego on Oct. 24...I live in Northern Calif. I was informed it was released to be trucked to the dealer on Nov. 26, so I may have by the end of the week. Hope they are correct. I traded in my 2009 Cayman in Sept. and am looking forward to some dry weather so I can enjoy the convertible.
Basic Boxster with 6- speed (I am old school)
-Bose sound with accompanying options
-Navigation, again with accompanying options
This is my second Boxster...had a 1999. But it lost it's glamour after the engine turned into a steam engine at 3450 miles. Had a 911 Targa for a few years, but couldn't resist the new Boxster design.

Old 01-01-2013, 11:51 AM
StanNH is infamous around these parts
I guess I'll add myself to this list.

Put my order in on 12/30/12. Porsche computer system was down, so my dealer still hasn't been able to confirm it with Porsche. He gave me an estimate of late April or early May for expected delivery. Here's what I ordered:

Boxster S
Platinum Silver Metallic
Full leather in black/grey
Infotainment with Bose
Premium Package
Wheel inserts
Multi-function steering wheel
6 speed manual

Trying to keep myself on a budget, and as close to the $70K mark as possible.

Now all I have to do is wait...and wait...and wait. At least I'll have time to sell my 2009 Corvette in the meantime.

Old 01-15-2013, 05:23 PM
duhasst is infamous around these parts
saw one the other day for the first time, I have to say its the first boxster I have ever actually enjoyed looking at. Porsche did a great job

Old 01-16-2013, 01:05 AM
Kozz is infamous around these parts
Put my order in on 12/31/2012 after some thought about going to a 2012 Cayman R. Told I should expect it in April sometime. It will be a long wait but well worth getting exactly what I want.

Basalt Black with Black top
19" S wheels...will change to aftermarket after I get the car
Infotainment system
Leather Interior with two tone: Agate Grey with Amber Orange
Deletion of Model
Auto dimming and int rain sensor
PDK
PASM
SC
Light design
2 way Sports Seats
Sport Design Steering wheel
Aluminum brushed interior package

Old 01-16-2013, 06:07 AM
Domer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond repute
I bit of a preview

warning: that pebble gray is nearly white!

Attached Images   

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Official 981 on order thread... chime in.