Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getyourwheels.com Picks up a new 981 Boxster S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 05:09 PM
Get Your Wheels is a splendid one to beholdGet Your Wheels is a splendid one to beholdGet Your Wheels is a splendid one to beholdGet Your Wheels is a splendid one to beholdGet Your Wheels is a splendid one to beholdGet Your Wheels is a splendid one to beholdGet Your Wheels is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by coupe28
is it compatible with PASM?
When you lower the car with just springs and keep the stock shocks nothing should happen to the PASM as that is connected to the shock.

Old 07-24-2012, 06:13 PM
orangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Get Your Wheels
When you lower the car with just springs and keep the stock shocks nothing should happen to the PASM as that is connected to the shock.
Just to reiterate, you’re saying I can buy different springs and still use my PASM?

Mark

Old 07-24-2012, 06:19 PM
Get Your Wheels is a splendid one to beholdGet Your Wheels is a splendid one to beholdGet Your Wheels is a splendid one to beholdGet Your Wheels is a splendid one to beholdGet Your Wheels is a splendid one to beholdGet Your Wheels is a splendid one to beholdGet Your Wheels is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by orangecrush
Just to reiterate, you’re saying I can buy different springs and still use my PASM?

Mark
Mark,

Yes I believe so as the PASM only controls the shock not the spring.

Old 07-24-2012, 06:30 PM
orangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to behold
Mark,

Yes I believe so as the PASM only controls the shock not the spring.
One last question... when you ordered springs (the H&R sport springs) did you just order them for a 2012?

Thanks,

Mark

Old 07-24-2012, 06:34 PM
No for a 2013 981

http://www.tuningtrend.de/

That is website that had them in stock.

Old 07-24-2012, 07:22 PM
No for a 2013 981

http://www.tuningtrend.de/

That is website that had them in stock.

Man, I’m using a mac and have spent the last hour trying to find a translation program.

I’ll get it....

Mark

Old 07-24-2012, 08:21 PM
Finally... translated it.

Mark

Old 07-24-2012, 08:27 PM
Here is the direct link .

http://fahrwerkebilliger.de/Tieferle...9b8f2754633e41

P.S. Download Google Chrome it translates real time.

Old 07-24-2012, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by orangecrush
Finally... translated it.

Mark

Well, never mind... translated it but when I click on lowering springs and go to porsche, there is no drop down box to go further.

I’ll dig into it more.

Thanks,

Mark

Old 07-25-2012, 07:01 AM
Anyway, back to the thread before I rudely interrupted.

In this pic, (IMO) the rear tire doesn't look wide enough for the wheel. Is there room for a wider tire and still keep the correct ratio to maintain the correct height?

Thanks,

Mark

Old 07-25-2012, 08:49 AM
Mark,

There is some more room in there. I am sponsored by Nitto and this is what they had. According to their site the 275/35/20 is still approved for an 11" wide wheel. The only other tire that is close would be a 295/30/20 which is .3" shorter than stock. I didn't want to go shorter since there is still wheel gap even with the drop.

Old 07-25-2012, 09:34 AM
rb23 is infamous around these parts
Very nice wheels!

Old 07-25-2012, 09:40 AM
Thanks

Old 07-25-2012, 02:09 PM
Mark,

There is some more room in there. I am sponsored by Nitto and this is what they had. According to their site the 275/35/20 is still approved for an 11" wide wheel. The only other tire that is close would be a 295/30/20 which is .3" shorter than stock. I didn't want to go shorter since there is still wheel gap even with the drop.

Just for sh*ts and giggles, has anyone verified how accurate the speedometer is? I ask because since many speedo's are off a bit and if the difference in tires is off a bit, it may make the speedometer right on the money.

Mark

Old 07-26-2012, 02:06 PM
Havent tested

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Getyourwheels.com Picks up a new 981 Boxster S