Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's official, I have a VIN#... about to be shipped.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 07:15 PM
orangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by j080808
St Louis, MO but I buy my cars in Dallas. Come to think of it, I dont know what port mid-west cars come from...

Im thinking they will cross on the same ship, yours will get off sooner than mine.

Good to know about the two ships that are slated, waiting to hear when they leave port from my salesman.

Let me know before you shoot that guards, I would at least like my rear license plate holder color matched, other than that, I will need to poke around first...

No problem... I’ll use mine to tint the color and mix up some extra. When you send it to me, it’ll be 2 day turn around.

Mark

Old 07-18-2012, 07:25 PM
j080808 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by orangecrush
No problem... I’ll use mine to tint the color and mix up some extra. When you send it to me, it’ll be 2 day turn around.

Mark
Awesome, thanks!

You doing some interior pieces as well? IIRC, you are doing the hoops/rollbars and some other items?

Old 07-18-2012, 07:42 PM
orangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to behold
Awesome, thanks!

You doing some interior pieces as well? IIRC, you are doing the hoops/rollbars and some other items?
Nope, I didn’t know what it was going to take to remove the roll bar hoops so I added that to the build.

Also, I paid them to paint the mirror wings (because you have to remove the interior trim panel to remove the regulators to pull the door skin so you can remove the mirrors.

The only trim I’m painting on it is the headlight squirters and the bezels around the vents in the quarter panels.

I thought about the interior but I’m going to wait to see what it looks like when i get it.

Mark

Old 07-18-2012, 07:55 PM
Nope, I didn’t know what it was going to take to remove the roll bar hoops so I added that to the build.

Also, I paid them to paint the mirror wings (because you have to remove the interior trim panel to remove the regulators to pull the door skin so you can remove the mirrors.

The only trim I’m painting on it is the headlight squirters and the bezels around the vents in the quarter panels.

I thought about the interior but I’m going to wait to see what it looks like when i get it.

Mark
The side air intakes are the one paint option I checked off. I have noticed the car configurator shows the front air intake slats as painted but the actual delivered cars arent. It is interesting that they arent an option like other lines and neither is a painted logo and model like the Panameras and others. Thanks again Mark.

Old 07-18-2012, 07:56 PM
The side air intakes are the one paint option I checked off. I have noticed the car configurator shows the front air intake slats as painted but the actual delivered cars arent. It is interesting that they arent an option like other lines and neither is a painted logo and model like the Panameras and others. Thanks again Mark.

Are you talking about the air intake slats on the front bumper? If so, that’s because that pic is from a non S Boxster. I asked my dealer about the same thing... that was the answer I got.

Mark

Old 07-18-2012, 08:47 PM
Are you talking about the air intake slats on the front bumper? If so, that’s because that pic is from a non S Boxster. I asked my dealer about the same thing... that was the answer I got.

Mark
Yes, the front air intake horizontal slats. The configurator shows them as painted on both base and S, but I have yet to see an S with them painted. Come to think of it, I dont think I have seen a pic of a delivered base at all.

Old 07-18-2012, 09:27 PM
rastabuoy is infamous around these parts
I spoke to my salesperson yesterday and he said that mine was on the boat and should be here the second week of august. Not sure what boat that is on. Its coming to Toronto.

Old 07-19-2012, 05:39 AM
Yes, the front air intake horizontal slats. The configurator shows them as painted on both base and S, but I have yet to see an S with them painted. Come to think of it, I dont think I have seen a pic of a delivered base at all.

Yeah, the configurator shows them for both but I can only go by what my salesman told me. I have seen a base but it was black...lol.
I thought about painting the red but after seeing one in person, I'll just leave it black.

Originally Posted by rastabuoy
I spoke to my salesperson yesterday and he said that mine was on the boat and should be here the second week of august. Not sure what boat that is on. Its coming to Toronto.

Ask your salesman. Once you have the name of the ship, you can track it via their GPS.

Mark

Old 07-19-2012, 07:44 AM
Kelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of light

Mark
I haven't seen them painted on any 981, S or non-S... I think this is a configurator glitch. Or they set up the configurator before they finally decided how to really paint the finished car.

There are always last minute changes. Another one appears to be the brackets that hold the rear spolier. In the promotional pics, obviously feuturing early pre-production cars, they are in metal finish. On the cars delivered to customers, they are painted black.

Old 07-19-2012, 08:54 AM
I just saw what appears to be a base model on another forum and the slats are painted.

Old 07-19-2012, 09:05 AM
Kelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of light
I just saw what appears to be a base model on another forum and the slats are painted.
You're acually right there... I just looked at the gallery pics at Porsche's site:

Boxster: painted slats
Boxster S: black slats

I stand corrected!

Old 07-19-2012, 04:51 PM
rastabuoy is infamous around these parts
my salesperson said he didnt have that info but it left on July 13 and will arrive in Halifax on July 25. So I guess another week or two before it gets to me in Toronto.