Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Boxster 981 Exhaust System by speedART

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 11:27 AM
Banned
johnmiller is infamous around these parts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by orangecrush
Can't speak for the speedART exhaust but the exhaust in the video sounds like crap. I'm not sure if they chose that area to enhance it's sound since it echos under all the roads but damn thing sounded like a honda civic.

Mark
wow, you are very aggressive about this lol

never know Honda civic can sound like that

that is just irrational criticism

------------

thx SpeedART for the info, I will wait for the video and sounds too

Old 08-03-2012, 12:30 PM
orangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by johnmiller
wow, you are very aggressive about this lol

never know Honda civic can sound like that

that is just irrational criticism

------------

thx SpeedART for the info, I will wait for the video and sounds too
Sorry John, not meant to insult you. I listened and in my opinion (apparently others also) it sounds terrible.

That was probably one of the worst sounding exhausts I have heard on a Porsche. Perhaps it was the underpass and the way it echoed, I don't know.

I do know that it's not considered irrational if I can hear it and it sounds like crap to me.

Mark

Old 08-03-2012, 09:16 PM
Banned
Sorry John, not meant to insult you. I listened and in my opinion (apparently others also) it sounds terrible.

That was probably one of the worst sounding exhausts I have heard on a Porsche. Perhaps it was the underpass and the way it echoed, I don't know.

I do know that it's not considered irrational if I can hear it and it sounds like crap to me.

Mark
wow, "worst sounding exhausts I have heard on a Porsche", another exaggeration

I bet both sound CRAPS to you with your eyes closed

Last edited by johnmiller; 08-03-2012 at 09:22 PM.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:37 PM
orangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to behold
wow, "worst sounding exhausts I have heard on a Porsche", another exaggeration

I bet both sound CRAPS to you with your eyes closed

Sorry man, don't get upset, if you like it, great, I don't.

Porsches have a distinct sound, and to me, it sounds rice'ish. If you love the sound, then by all means buy it, I hope it works for you.

Mark

Old 08-04-2012, 03:35 AM
Banned
Sorry man, don't get upset, if you like it, great, I don't.

Porsches have a distinct sound, and to me, it sounds rice'ish. If you love the sound, then by all means buy it, I hope it works for you.

Mark
Ya you should chill out too

honestly I dont care about either of this exhaust systems

you are happy with your stock exhaust sound, good for you too, just dont get all CRAP this CRAP that without having constructive criticism

Old 08-04-2012, 05:39 AM
Ya you should chill out too

honestly I dont care about either of this exhaust systems

you are happy with your stock exhaust sound, good for you too, just dont get all CRAP this CRAP that without having constructive criticism

I'm not happy with the stock sound... that's why I ordered PSE.

Mark

Old 08-04-2012, 06:39 AM
extanker has a reputation beyond reputeextanker has a reputation beyond reputeextanker has a reputation beyond reputeextanker has a reputation beyond reputeextanker has a reputation beyond reputeextanker has a reputation beyond reputeextanker has a reputation beyond reputeextanker has a reputation beyond reputeextanker has a reputation beyond reputeextanker has a reputation beyond reputeextanker has a reputation beyond repute
how much torque increase with this system ?

Old 08-06-2012, 03:22 PM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by extanker
how much torque increase with this system ?
We haven't received specifics of the hp/tq increases. Most cat-backs offer minimal increases in performance, maybe 5-10 hp & tq (since the stock cats are in place and soooo restrictive) and are typically installed for aesthetic and sound improvements.

Old 08-06-2012, 05:08 PM
extanker has a reputation beyond reputeextanker has a reputation beyond reputeextanker has a reputation beyond reputeextanker has a reputation beyond reputeextanker has a reputation beyond reputeextanker has a reputation beyond reputeextanker has a reputation beyond reputeextanker has a reputation beyond reputeextanker has a reputation beyond reputeextanker has a reputation beyond reputeextanker has a reputation beyond repute
thank you for your honest answer

Old 08-07-2012, 12:06 PM
coupe28 is infamous around these parts
wrong room

Last edited by coupe28; 08-08-2012 at 11:56 PM.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:01 PM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by coupe28
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UeChUpCeEo

that is the complete video. may you can comment about this exhaust. because i kinda want to buy it. -.-
Forums are here to gain knowledge and compare/contrast different brands to make the correct decision. However, you seemingly have a determined opinion to promote this one particular exhaust.

We, as a sponsor of this forum, posted information about the speedART exhaust for the Boxster because it is something we import and they just released it. Our intention is to have this as an informative post where we can release information as we get it.

With all due respect, would you mind creating an independent post of this "other" exhaust brand to get people's feedback. What you are doing is typically considered "hijacking" a thread.

Old 08-08-2012, 11:55 PM
coupe28 is infamous around these parts
wow.. i think i post the wrong room. sorry. to much tab and not double check before post. sorry. just delete it please.