Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shipped finalllly!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 09:57 AM
Kelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by orangecrush
LOL... hope not... I don't have insurance on it yet...lol.

Once it hit the NC/VA border, it showed up as out of range. I'll bet that all you guys on the forum paid the ship's captain to turn off their gps just to screw with me...

It's a conspiracy I say, a conspiracy!!!

Mark
Not only did we pay the captain to turn off the gps, we also paid some Somalian pirates to capture the ship. If it turns up on the gps again, you'll notice that it's headed for Mogadishu.

I'm sure you'll get a decent discount on a new car when you tell your dealer what happened and they feel sorry for you...

Old 08-10-2012, 10:13 AM
orangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Kelderek
Not only did we pay the captain to turn off the gps, we also paid some Somalian pirates to capture the ship. If it turns up on the gps again, you'll notice that it's headed for Mogadishu.

I'm sure you'll get a decent discount on a new car when you tell your dealer what happened and they feel sorry for you...

Ya'll ain't right.... messin' with poor little 'ol me.

Mark

Old 08-10-2012, 10:50 AM
Former Vendor
One@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud of
This really reminds us of a guy getting his wheels from us overseas. It took around 5-6 days for them to arrive and he was checking the tracking every few hours I guess. One day an e-mail arrives, his wheels are in Alaska and he is on the other part of the world. You should see the reaction to that! I'm betting personal days are scheduled, gas money is set aside, wife already informed you will be MIA for a few days and all that? :P

Old 08-11-2012, 06:47 AM
orangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by One@D2Forged
I'm betting personal days are scheduled, gas money is set aside, wife already informed you will be MIA for a few days and all that? :P

Funny you should say that.... The car was built on the 18th and a ship was stopping at the same plant to pick up cars on the 20th. If they had loaded the car on the 20th, it would have arrived stateside on the 31st. The dealer said the car should be here on August 11th if that is the case.

Today is August 11th and is my wife's birthday. She told me a few weeks ago that "I guess I'm spending my birthday by myself, huh?"

Lucky for her, (and for me in the long run) I missed the boat (story of my life) and it didn't ship till the 31st which means today it arrives in GA.

Now, had I been able to pick it up directly from the port, she still wouldn't have been alone... I mean seriously, who was going to drive me to GA?

Mark

Old 08-11-2012, 03:30 PM
Well at least he's here on my side of the pond.

Old 08-12-2012, 10:08 AM
Day later and he's still on the ship... getting impatient...lol.

Old 08-12-2012, 10:29 AM
Kelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of light
It's probably stuck on a rock there... If they dump a few cars, it might get off the rock and continue!

Old 08-12-2012, 10:36 AM
It's probably stuck on a rock there... If they dump a few cars, it might get off the rock and continue!

Lemme guess, guards red weighs more than white??

Mark

Old 08-12-2012, 10:38 AM
No, but they always dump the red cars, since they are easier to spot floating around.

Safety issue.

Old 08-12-2012, 12:58 PM
No, but they always dump the red cars, since they are easier to spot floating around.

Safety issue.
Well, safety first!

The only problem is I wonder how long they would float?

Mark

Old 08-13-2012, 05:02 AM
Moored at last....

Looks like a bunch have been unloaded...

Now, which one is mine?

Mark

Last edited by orangecrush; 08-13-2012 at 06:48 AM.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:50 AM
That's a lot of cars... now they just have to figure out which one is yours!

Old 08-13-2012, 10:40 AM
That's a lot of cars... now they just have to figure out which one is yours!

Holy Crap... I never zoomed out and saw the other 4 million cars in the parking lot next to it...LOL.

This might take a while.....ROFLMAO.

Mark

Old 08-13-2012, 11:04 AM
qhb
qhb is infamous around these parts
Now you see what I mean? You would not have a problem finding your car if you bought a yellow one like mine

Last edited by qhb; 08-13-2012 at 03:54 PM.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by qhb
Now you see what I mean? You would not have problem finding you car if you bought the yellow one like mine

"You wouldn't have a problem finding your car if it were yellow like mine"....

ahhhh shaddup...

Mark

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Shipped finalllly!!