Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shipped finalllly!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 02:30 PM
Flanole is infamous around these parts
I am waiting on delivery of a near clone of your car. My dealer has not been helpful with any information related to completion, shipping or delivery date. After several calls, I have determined that it was completed on August 21 and shipped on August 27. How were you able to track your ship? My dealer is clueless or just following their normal low level of effort and says they don't know. Thanks

Last edited by Flanole; 08-30-2012 at 02:33 PM.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:35 PM
orangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Flanole
I am waiting on delivery of a near clone of your car. My dealer has not been helpful with any information related to completion, shipping or delivery date. After several calls, I have determined that it was completed on August 21 and shipped on August 27. How were you able to track your ship? My dealer is clueless or just following their normal low level of effort and says they don't know. Thanks
Your dealer can look up which ship it is on... then you go to this site and type in the name of the ship.

Ship Tracker

You will be able to track it for the first 2-3 days and then it will be out of range. It will take 11 days to hit port (on average) The last 2-3 days it will show up on the tracker again.

Once it has hit port, it took about 4 days to get to the dealer.

HTH's,

Mark

Old 09-04-2012, 11:00 AM
Former Vendor
One@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud of
orangecrush if the distinction is what you want, you know where to find us! You already know how cool the car would look like!

Old 09-04-2012, 11:44 AM
orangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by One@D2Forged
orangecrush if the distinction is what you want, you know where to find us! You already know how cool the car would look like!

I'm getting there... just have a few things to do first.

Mark

Old 09-04-2012, 12:10 PM
Former Vendor
One@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud of
Don't make me pull more renders! Just did one for a 991 owner, he was pretty meh when it comes to wheels, then after he saw it was thrilled with the idea. Making people happy, that's what we do!

Old 09-04-2012, 12:29 PM
Marc,
Thanks for the reply. My salesperson has not been helpful with shipping details. I wish I had bought from an Atlanta dealer rather than the one in Destin. After seeing your wheels, I need to find a local place to do the powdercoating. I really like the look.

Old 09-04-2012, 04:05 PM
Banned
JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !
Hi guys. A former 987 S owner here would like to compliment those who are taking possession of a new 981 series. The newly redesigned Boxster is simply awesome in all respects. The venerable Boxster has finally evolved into a FUNtastic Porsche in its own right and finally emerges from under the shadow of the flagship 911 series.

Have fun with your new beauties, and we'll see y'all on the twisties!

Old 09-04-2012, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by JB in AR
Hi guys. A former 987 S owner here would like to compliment those who are taking possession of a new 981 series. The newly redesigned Boxster is simply awesome in all respects. The venerable Boxster has finally evolved into a FUNtastic Porsche in its own right and finally emerges from under the shadow of the flagship 911 series.

Have fun with your new beauties, and we'll see y'all on the twisties!
I'm sure I speak for everyone but Thanks!

On a side note... do you have pics of your 911? I'm not a big fan of brown but I have to tell you, judging from your avatar, that is a HOT looking car. I'd really like to see some more pics.

Thanks,

Mark

Old 09-05-2012, 01:59 AM
Former Vendor
I'd go out on a limb and say that brown belongs on the 911 like lingerie on a hot woman! If you aren't into the yellow, red, black, white which we see all day on 911's today, that's a cool option to go with.

Old 09-05-2012, 06:15 AM
Originally Posted by Flanole
Marc,
Thanks for the reply. My salesperson has not been helpful with shipping details. I wish I had bought from an Atlanta dealer rather than the one in Destin. After seeing your wheels, I need to find a local place to do the powdercoating. I really like the look.

We can trade.... I'd like to try another color.

Mark

Old 09-05-2012, 07:49 AM
Banned
JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by orangecrush
I'm sure I speak for everyone but Thanks!

On a side note... do you have pics of your 911? I'm not a big fan of brown but I have to tell you, judging from your avatar, that is a HOT looking car. I'd really like to see some more pics.

Thanks,

Mark
I'm not usually into brown either, but it seems to work on the 911, and I think they've revived "macadamia" for the coming year as well. In fact, one of the reasons I pulled the trigger on this one, was that it isn't a color you see every day on a Porsche. Here's another shot:

Attached Images  

Last edited by JB in AR; 09-05-2012 at 07:51 AM.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:46 AM
Originally Posted by orangecrush
We can trade.... I'd like to try another color.

Mark
I would take you up on the offer, but I went with the standard 19" wheels with the thought that I would replace them with some black or grey aftermarket wheels/tires.

Old 09-05-2012, 01:22 PM
I'm not usually into brown either, but it seems to work on the 911, and I think they've revived "macadamia" for the coming year as well. In fact, one of the reasons I pulled the trigger on this one, was that it isn't a color you see every day on a Porsche. Here's another shot:

Damn, that's pretty.... Love the color.

Mark

Old 09-05-2012, 02:15 PM
CURVN8R is infamous around these parts

That is a seriously good looking car! Of course, there aren't too many ugly Porsches. The only one that comes to mind is a Mary Kay pink one I saw once.

Old 09-05-2012, 03:36 PM
Banned
Thanks, but (keeping it back to the OP) I think the new Boxster is just a work of art, They really have given it a personality with the 981. Enjoy yer toys, boys!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Shipped finalllly!!