Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Orange Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 01:51 PM
MetalTear is infamous around these parts
The Orange Thread

So I'm most cetainly decided on getting the Orange(Amber) interior.

The delimma seems to decide whether to go carbon or painted accents. Notice that both cost the same; though getting more if painted (the PCM can be painted as well).

I can't seem to decide, what do you think looks more... serious.?

Some delicate questions:
1) If I go with the SportDesign steering wheel, what button is there to toggle the LCD screen?
2) If I want the carpets to be orange rather than grey, do I get the leather carpet? Or will that be grey too?

Anything Orange, post it here!

Attached Images   

Last edited by MetalTear; 07-31-2012 at 01:54 PM.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:18 PM
DYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to all
That is sexy! Reminds of me of a more saturated Cinnamon from the E46 M3. I love the contrast of the bright trim. Carbon is nice too but I prefer the hard contrast. More serious? Carbon.

- 991 Sport Design wheels unfortunately deletes the Multi-function buttons
- not sure what you mean about leather carpet? I would recommend sticking with the black/gray floormats. Your interior will already have a few of those cues through anyway. Bright colored mats always end-up making you too cautious when getting in and out.

Old 07-31-2012, 02:22 PM
shineman is infamous around these parts
I always like carbon better than painted. The white accents are a little to stark for my taste.

In answer to your questions:
1) With the Sport Design Wheel there is a stalk below the wiper stalk to operate the screen. It works but I don't find it as elegant as the Multifunction Wheel.
2) The carpets will be orange as shown in your pictures. The mats will be dark grey. If you want orange mats, you should be able to order them. It may not show on the configurator but your dealer should be able to order them with or without leather trim.

Old 07-31-2012, 06:56 PM
orangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to behold
No carbon... carbon is overplayed IMO.

Go with the painted color.

Mark

Old 07-31-2012, 07:46 PM
the_vetman has a spectacular aura aboutthe_vetman has a spectacular aura about
Go with the painted interior. Really nice accents. CF looks cheap in Porsches, IMO.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:50 PM
orangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by the_vetman
Go with the painted interior. Really nice accents. CF looks cheap in Porsches, IMO.
And rice'ish...

Mark

Old 07-31-2012, 08:56 PM
jhthornley is a glorious beacon of lightjhthornley is a glorious beacon of lightjhthornley is a glorious beacon of lightjhthornley is a glorious beacon of lightjhthornley is a glorious beacon of lightjhthornley is a glorious beacon of light
Although OrangeCrush has the perfect "handle" for this particular thread, I disagree about the CF. I think it looks more high-dollar than painted trim. just my 2cents

Old 07-31-2012, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by jhthornley
Although OrangeCrush has the perfect "handle" for this particular thread, I disagree about the CF. I think it looks more high-dollar than painted trim. just my 2cents

I guess that's why they make cars in different colors...lol.

JH, were you on the mini forum?

Mark

Old 08-01-2012, 03:09 AM
So I get that painted is more the way to go. It gives more constrast hence more prominently customer looking, hmmm. I guess you all have a point there.

Carbon is still nice though I can't figure out why it's so damn expensive with porsche.

Shineman: thanks for answering the questions so clearly, I've been dwelling over this for some time. Porsche option strategy is one of those mysteries I can't seem to figure out; like they give you two tone with orange but not two tone with red! you pay extra for a wheel just to have nice shift levers but lose the buttons. Damn!

Old 08-01-2012, 05:57 PM
jhthornley is a glorious beacon of lightjhthornley is a glorious beacon of lightjhthornley is a glorious beacon of lightjhthornley is a glorious beacon of lightjhthornley is a glorious beacon of lightjhthornley is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by orangecrush
I guess that's why they make cars in different colors...lol.

JH, were you on the mini forum?

Mark
negative... still a redneck at heart. I was on one of the Camaro Z28 forums back in the day.

Old 08-01-2012, 07:13 PM
negative... still a redneck at heart. I was on one of the Camaro Z28 forums back in the day.

Me too but with time comes progression and it wasn't long that I had to switch to higher HP imports than old American muscle. My JCW mini was pushing 300 HP and getting 33 mpg on the highway... (plus waaaay more fun to drive...lol)

Anyway, there's a thornley screen name on the mini forum from Charlotte.

Mark

Old 08-01-2012, 07:41 PM
the_vetman has a spectacular aura aboutthe_vetman has a spectacular aura about

I've had 2 Z28's in the past... one got totalled (squished against the highway divider by an idiot tractor trailer driver). I'm not a redneck by any means, but they were good bang-for-the-buck.

Looking back, though, I don't think I could ever go back... not as a primary car anyway. Z06, I could do.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:42 PM
Thecatch83 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by orangecrush
No carbon... carbon is overplayed IMO.

Go with the painted color.

Mark

Agreed......100%

Old 08-02-2012, 03:26 AM
Originally Posted by VeronicaGunter
support
Veronica, You suck as a spam artist...

Lin, Junjie
NO.601 liuliushungouwuzhongxin
Laiwu, Shandong 271100
China

Old 08-02-2012, 03:47 AM
Originally Posted by Thecatch83
Agreed......100%
you know, you didn't have to say anything really, the display pic did all the talking for ya.