Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally, I can shut up!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 06:55 AM
wesker is infamous around these parts
Congratulations bro!! Finally it has arrived. Very happy for you.

Please please please post more pics when you pick it up. I am also awaiting my guards red! Looks damn hot.

Old 08-20-2012, 12:36 PM
the_vetman has a spectacular aura aboutthe_vetman has a spectacular aura about
MARK,

I'm so happy for you (EDIT: and the fact that we don't have to deal with hourly updates anymore! )! Your new mistress/sex toy looks friggin' amazing!!

Can I say, patience is a virtue!! Keep us updated with new pics and impressions.

(thumbs up)

Old 08-20-2012, 03:21 PM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Congrats, great color choices !! Can't wait until you post more pictures.

Old 08-20-2012, 06:27 PM
sjflannery is infamous around these parts
Congratulations Mark

It looks great. The red thread is gorgeous. You have been a good sport through it all. Can't wait to hear of your excitement after driving it.

Old 08-20-2012, 08:34 PM
orangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to behold
In no particular order, here are some pics....

First time getting to sit in it as mine...

In the showroom floor

Drove it directly to my shop from the dealer and took off the trim around the vents. Going to paint them tomorrow morning.

Haven't decided but probably going to paint the license bracket.... not sure yet.

The biggest redneck pic you'll see... I had to return a keg from a surprise birthday party for my wife and it was either drive the H2 home or drive the Porsche. Guess what, it fits...lol.

Got home tonight and started wiring up my Passport detector. (think I'm going to get the stealth "under the covers" setup)

So I put down a little over 30K as a downpayment. I had my payments figured out and decided at the last minute to buy an extended 50K mile warranty, 3 year maintenance program and a 5 year tire/wheel warranty. I don't normally buy those things but because we do the dealerships work, they sold it to me at employee cost so it added 110 per month on my payment. Something I think will be worth it since I'm sure I'll put 20-25K miles a year.

Okay, now on to the good stuff.

THE CAR ROCKS!!!

All this hubbub about electric steering is complete bull****. The car is smooth, feedback or not, it's an absolute pleasure to drive. The sport exhaust is PHENOMENAL, it growls when you hit it, it burbles when you back off.

The brakes are fantastic, the car handles like a dream, I absolutely love the controls. (once I learned as much as I could about all the buttons, ***** and dials)

The BOSE stereo is fantastic, you can drive with the top down at 70 and hear the stereo loud and clearly.

I'm thrilled with the car, tomorrow it gets dropped off for clear bra and I'll take the wheels to get powdercoated.

I'll post more pics in a few days when the window tint and everything else is done.

Love the red.... had a friend with a yellow boxster see me at a light on the way back to the shop and he had to turn around just to check it out.

That's it for now....

Mark

Old 08-20-2012, 09:15 PM
CURVN8R is infamous around these parts
Welcome to the 981 club!!! Absolutely awesome looking car. My wife (a Georgia Bulldog) definitely approves as well! When you get it sorted out, bring it to the mountains to meet the CURVN8R

Cheers!

Old 08-21-2012, 12:02 AM
Kelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by orangecrush
The biggest redneck pic you'll see... I had to return a keg from a surprise birthday party for my wife and it was either drive the H2 home or drive the Porsche. Guess what, it fits...lol.
Of course it fits!

It's a German car. The Germans are very serious about beer. Porsche would never design a car that couldn't hold a standard beer keg.

Old 08-21-2012, 05:13 AM
NickS is infamous around these parts
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

Please sell me your exhaust tips if/when you get another exhaust.....

Old 08-21-2012, 06:24 AM
orangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Kelderek
Of course it fits!

It's a German car. The Germans are very serious about beer. Porsche would never design a car that couldn't hold a standard beer keg.

Ain't that the truth... that's funny as hell.

Originally Posted by NickS
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

Please sell me your exhaust tips if/when you get another exhaust.....
LOL, nope, the exhaust is the one thing I'll leave alone. I love the idea of being able to turn it off. I left the house at 6:20am and no one should have heard anything obnoxious.

Now coming home, that's a different story...lol.

Originally Posted by CURVN8R
Welcome to the 981 club!!! Absolutely awesome looking car. My wife (a Georgia Bulldog) definitely approves as well! When you get it sorted out, bring it to the mountains to meet the CURVN8R

Cheers!
Absolutely bud, we'd love to. I signed up for a track day next weekend but I thought I'd have more seat time by the time it came around so I guess I'll skip this one. I'm dying to drive it in some twisties.

In the next few weeks, my mother returns from Europe visiting family. She lives in Tampa, what better way to visit my mother and drive the car.

Mark

Old 08-21-2012, 11:32 AM
StockKiller is infamous around these parts
thats a very nice looking car there crush... well worth the wait im sure...
i love the keg in the front.. never tried that.. but i do know that i can fit 2 case's of Corana's up front with a smashed bag of chips....
congrats.. enjoy..

Old 08-21-2012, 12:02 PM
Kelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of light
Ain't that the truth... that's funny as hell.
It doesn't stop there!

Not only is the front luggage compartment designed to hold a beer keg, it's obvious that the glove box is specifically made to transport champagne bottles.

When I took delivery of my 981, the dealer gave me a bottle of champagne as a gift. It's not easy to transport a single bottle in a car, you can't just let it roll around in the trunk or on the floor... but we found that it fits perfectly in the glove box!

Now we just have to wait for Porsche to introduce a glove box with cooling, allowing the champagne to have the correct temperature. Knowing Porsche, it will probably be a $1800 option, though...

Old 08-22-2012, 01:23 PM
patoleas is infamous around these parts
I am happy for you Mark, it is a beautiful toy...
please let us know how difficult it was to take off the roll bar
trim rear covers, what about the console parts.

Old 08-22-2012, 01:37 PM
Boy am I pissed....

I picked up my car Monday, drove here to my shop, then to the beer place to drop off that keg and home.

I've got about 40 miles on it at that point and yesterday I dropped it off to put a clear bra on the entire front end.

I get a phone call today asking if I wanted to come look at my car because there was a rock chip (one rock caused 4 spots and the other caused 1) on the bumper. The 4 spots were basically in the freakin' middle of the front of the bumper and the other one was at the bottom edge.

I didn't have any tools with me so I took a box end wrench, heated it up and pressed it against the extruding piece of plastic that was sticking out of the bumper. I did bring some extra paint so I brushed touched a small dot on it.

I know it's just a car but I really was hoping to make it more than a day without having a rock chip (s) in it.

Never mind me... I'm just venting.

Mark

Old 08-22-2012, 01:38 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Wow.... !!! That's the best looking Boxster yet. This new model is so much better looking.

I've already impressed with the platform in general, but the color and options you have just makes it looks right. Well done!

Love the keg photo.

*edit: Sorry about the chip...

Old 08-22-2012, 04:43 PM
qhb
qhb is infamous around these parts
Boy am I pissed....

I picked up my car Monday, drove here to my shop, then to the beer place to drop off that keg and home.

I've got about 40 miles on it at that point and yesterday I dropped it off to put a clear bra on the entire front end.

I get a phone call today asking if I wanted to come look at my car because there was a rock chip (one rock caused 4 spots and the other caused 1) on the bumper. The 4 spots were basically in the freakin' middle of the front of the bumper and the other one was at the bottom edge.

I didn't have any tools with me so I took a box end wrench, heated it up and pressed it against the extruding piece of plastic that was sticking out of the bumper. I did bring some extra paint so I brushed touched a small dot on it.

I know it's just a car but I really was hoping to make it more than a day without having a rock chip (s) in it.

Never mind me... I'm just venting.

Mark
Me, clear bra first, pay for car second, drive off the dealer's lot third.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally, I can shut up!!!