Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cayman R Wheels??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 03:21 PM
cay-man-ess23 is infamous around these parts
Cayman R Wheels??

Need opinions....

Cayman R is coming with the Boxster Spyder wheel of course and I'll probably change it out most likely. What is everyone's thoughts?

I'm thinking:

19" Victor Equipment Innsbruck's (black)

or

Stock wheels 19" Boxster Spyder wheels (powder coat black)

thoughts?!

Old 08-22-2012, 04:04 PM
Former Vendor
One@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud of
Or you can go aftermarket and get something from our range? These would look great on a Cayman in that size!

Or something similar in black, as you expressed you wanted darker colors here. Matte black, gunmetal or titanium graphite will work. No doubt.

Old 09-07-2012, 06:21 PM
kkirchof is infamous around these parts
Let me know if you decide to sell the OEM wheels.

Old 09-08-2012, 02:19 PM
ronaldvetteron is infamous around these partsronaldvetteron is infamous around these parts
I have a Carrera White CR with the Spyder wheels in black from the factory. Have to tell you I literally have people rolling down their windows and commenting to me about how great the car looks and the wheels are almost always cited. On mine........I put on the silver crest caps and I have the brushed titanium hood crest. It makes for a nice combination. The silver on black contrasts nicely against the red calipers and silver rotors.

Old 09-09-2012, 05:01 PM
ShahulX is just really niceShahulX is just really niceShahulX is just really niceShahulX is just really nice
i have a black spyder... looks good with the silver spyder wheels because of the grey "porsche" stripe on the bottom of the car

Old 09-09-2012, 05:09 PM
Dr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of light
I'd keep the Spyder wheels - they are one of the lightest Porsche makes.

For track use, I'd go with an 18" wheel to give you more tire choices.

Old 09-10-2012, 02:54 AM
Former Vendor
One@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud of
When talking about how light they are, what's the figure on them?

Old 09-18-2012, 11:01 PM
csmarx is infamous around these parts
Wheel weights

Originally Posted by One@D2Forged
When talking about how light they are, what's the figure on them?
In fact does anyone know the the weights of the Spyder wheels vs. the optional Turbo II wheels for the Cayman R???

Thanks,
-Christian

Old 09-19-2012, 02:22 AM
Former Vendor
That's what I personally and our company wants to know. Since we are sure we can offer quality aftermarket options for customers that want to go that way

Old 09-19-2012, 08:25 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
I think you really can't go wrong with the Stock 19" wheels for the Boxster Spyder powder coated black. I do have to say though it would be a hard decision. All of those D2 Forged wheels are amazing looking !!

Old 09-22-2012, 11:23 AM
Former Vendor
Thanks for the kind words. Cool thing with the Boxster is that we can really go low in terms of weight for the lbs savvy people!