Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changed out the center caps on my 981

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 10:42 AM
NickS is infamous around these parts
Changed out the center caps on my 981

Cross post/sharing my experience..... http://www.planet-9.com/981-chat/730...ra-wheels.html

To go along with my new hood emblem http://www.planet-9.com/981-chat/730...-my-981-a.html I changed out the gold crested center caps with the silver center caps from Wheel Dynamics.

The quality of the center caps are really nice BUT I can't recommend buying these from Wheel Dynamics. Fitment is loose, they spin in the center of the wheels when installed and I have had to push them back in to position on more than one occasion. Eli told me that some are loose fitting and some are not. I asked him to send me another set so that I could choose all the tighter fitting caps but all he said was is I could return them.

Another issue that annoys me is that Wheel Dynamics know of the loose fitting issues and instead of having their vendors fix this issue, they say to return them or get a heat gun and carefully bend the tabs out that hold the center caps in place. I will try this but I believe in full disclosure on the forums so that everyone knows what they are getting. As much as I would like to give glowing reviews about a vendor and their products, I can't.

I like the center caps and will try to fix the issues on my own. Should I have to? Of course not. And yes, I could have returned them but again, I like them enough to where I will try to fix these on my own.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:55 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
I have purchased center caps and hood emblems over the years without issue. Did you purchase these from the vendor based on price? If so, you got what you paid for. No, there shouldn't be inferior parts out there, but I've never had your issues and always buy OEM equipment. I'm looking at your car and garage floor and really doubt you purchased your center caps and hood emblem to save 30 or $40. I would have sent them back.