Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riviera Blue 2013 Boxster S is here!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 07:18 PM
lithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud of
congrats and car looks great! Enjoy!

Old 12-11-2012, 07:06 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
stunning - the Boxster is a superb topless car

Old 12-17-2012, 10:34 PM
CrownCityBoy is infamous around these parts
Unique color. Love it!

Old 12-17-2012, 10:59 PM
911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !
Fantastic color on a fantastic car. Enjoy it.

Old 12-23-2012, 02:29 AM
Sebaflex is infamous around these parts
Very cool car, congrats.

I agree with you, I test drove the 991 and 981 back to back and although the 981 is down on power, it definitely feels more fun and nimble.

Old 12-23-2012, 07:29 PM
Khanman is infamous around these parts
thanks guys!

Old 12-28-2012, 07:39 AM
See U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really nice
Thumbs up snap crackle POP!!

lol... that is a similar color to what I have always thought of doing to a New car.

I have thought about Laguna Seca Blue, by BMW or even the Pure Blue from Porsche.

Could you PM or let us know what the wait time was, and how much Porsche charges , and how you go about giving Porsche a, "sample of the color?"

Here's Pure Blue

TurboDogue Drive it with all the happiness for those of us who don't have ours yet...

Attached Images  
Old 12-28-2012, 10:28 AM
TurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really nice
Custom Blue colors

Ok, I will address colors first. Porsche used to be far easier to work with on PTS. You only need send a sample of anything and they would pretty much match it. Now with the new paint booths and an emphasis on increasing production numbers, it's a bit more complicated.

Today, all PTS colors must be approved by Joe West at PCNA before going to Germany. The recent emphasis has been on 1) an approval preference for existing, known Porsche paint codes from prior PTS and 2) a smaller window during each calendar where they will consolidate all PTS orders by model and do a PTS batch so to speak.

So this all makes it harder and a more lengthy process, as you have to first have a dealer with the car allocation you want, then spec it out, then wait for paint approval, then wait for the PTS production window. It could take 5-6 months if you hit it just right, or could take nearly a year, if you miss the PTS production window. So you just have to be patient.

With respet to blue paints, I have tons of historic Porsche blue paint codes and a few pics of each, some side by side. That being said, its hard to compare over pcitures, i drove to San Antonio to see a GT3 in Mexico and to Austin to see a Spyder in Riv . In just pictures, i was leaning towards Mexico, but in person Riviera just reallly jumps out at you and looks better IIMO.

My paint code is 39E Riviera. Pure Blue from the Speedster is M8B and is reserved only for the Speedster. There are other colors that are close, like Mexico 336, or Aegean, Adriatic, Oslo, etc. However again all subject to approval. My buddy tried to order a Mexico Blue 991 and the color was rejected, so he also ordered Riviera. N rhyme or reason, just no was the answer. I understood reserving the Speedster's color as its a highly unique car, but Mexico goes way back to 1972 and they made several 997 S, base and GT3 models in it, so was very surprised by the rejection.

Bottom line, go early in the model year, order and be patient. For example, if you want a New Cayman PTS, I would order it the minute they put the PTS option on the configuration, else you likely will miss the window. For me, it was worth the wait to have a unique, or more likely unique, car. Have loved this color since I first saw it on the 993 Turbo press release.

I think the only exception to some of this is the super high dollar cars, as I saw two special blue paints done on GT3RS 4.0s delivered in Texas, Chuck in Dallas and one at Porsche North Houston. If you spend 200k I think they are more flexible.

Good luck and PM me if you have other questions.

Originally Posted by See U n Rear View
lol... that is a similar color to what I have always thought of doing to a New car.

I have thought about Laguna Seca Blue, by BMW or even the Pure Blue from Porsche.

Could you PM or let us know what the wait time was, and how much Porsche charges , and how you go about giving Porsche a, "sample of the color?"

Here's Pure Blue

TurboDogue Drive it with all the happiness for those of us who don't have ours yet...