Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Plastic Windscreen for 981 seems like great idea...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 10:19 AM
fantom has a spectacular aura aboutfantom has a spectacular aura aboutfantom has a spectacular aura about
Plastic Windscreen for 981 seems like great idea...

From Pedro's Garage:

Has anyone tried this?

Old 01-02-2013, 06:12 PM
fantom has a spectacular aura aboutfantom has a spectacular aura aboutfantom has a spectacular aura about
Bump...

I don't know why Porsche 981s don't come with this, but just over 100 bucks from Pedro's Garage seems like a steal. Doesn't anyone here have a review? Maybe 20 or so have been sold with no rattling or other complaints.

Old 01-13-2013, 04:43 PM
wem
wem is a jewel in the roughwem is a jewel in the roughwem is a jewel in the rough
I read this thread last week and called Pedro to order one. It arrived on Friday. Last night I removed the factory windscreen and installed the plastic one from Pedro. It took less than a minute. (Press the release button on each side, pull up the mesh windscreen, line up the plastic windscreen in the frame grooves, push straight down until the release buttons lock).

Tonight I decided to go for a quick drive. I left the roof up to listen for squeaks and rattles. There were none. Even though it was a bit cold here in Connecticut, I put the roof down, and decided to see what would happen on the Interstate. I hit speeds well in excess of normal highway speeds. I looked in the rear view mirror. There was no vibration, flexing, or distortion. I am happy to report that Pedro's windscreen is one of those items that does what it promises to do.

Old 01-14-2013, 08:55 AM
Thanks, wem!

That's consistant with what I've heard from others. Now I have two items on my buy list for a new 981. Clear side markers & Pedro's clear plastic windscreen.

Old 01-14-2013, 09:01 AM
wem
wem is a jewel in the roughwem is a jewel in the roughwem is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by fantom
Thanks, wem!

That's consistant with what I've heard from others. Now I have two items on my buy list for a new 981. Clear side markers & Pedro's clear plastic windscreen.
Yes the clear side markers are a must. Fairly easy to do once you do the first one.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:28 PM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
That plastic windscreen looks nice Fantom We offer the Euro Clear Side Markers, We also include a pair of Ziza chrome bulbs for a sleek, stealth look. Ziza chrome bulbs still flash orange, so you remain perfectly road-legal. Set yourself apart from the crowd and make your 981 look great. Click Here for more information.

Attached Images