Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cayman R Track Day build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 08:34 AM
AGinMN is infamous around these parts
your bar/seat harness set-up looks an awful lot like mine. You will be well planted at the track. the suspension bits are also a very nice addition. dont know how much you have tracked the thing, but these are phenomenal out there.

Enjoy!

Old 05-28-2013, 07:06 PM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future
I don't drive it on the streets, so most of the miles are track driven.

I love this car, just telepathic!! It feels completely predictable, no bad behaviour.

Here's a little video of me on a local track:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW5dD...ature=youtu.be

Old 05-29-2013, 04:13 PM
Dr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of light
Looks great!

I'm having something similar done to my Cayman R next month. It came with the sport bucket seats, so that part is done. I'll add the BK harness bars and Schroth harnesses myself. I'm going with the Hergesheimer roll bar. Also new LCA's up front.

I bought some OZ 18" wheels for mine. That way I can use Nitto NT01's which have great grip and are reasonably priced. And, if I mess up a wheel, it's not an expensive Porsche one!

Now I can't wait for mine to get done!

Old 05-29-2013, 10:02 PM
Shizzle is infamous around these parts
Wow, that's a fantastic looking build! Looks like SCB and the crew also did a great job. Calabogie is my favourite track too! Any plans to go back up there? I was planning July 6-7 - it would be great to see your car up there, and get your thoughts on the Trofeo R.

Old 05-30-2013, 07:15 AM
javCS is infamous around these parts
awesome set up. great looking car.

Old 05-30-2013, 08:26 PM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future
I'm going to be here on one of those days (July 6-7). I'm thinking the Sunday.

So far the Trofeos are AMAZING. They are sticky, but very communicative. So far I have found hem to be very predictable and I'm turning great laps with them.

I have been advised by Ilker that Pireli says to run them at 36 psi hot. So I start out at 30-31 and bleed preasure off. They temps will rise when thy get hot, so you need to watch. I know a lot of guys run them no more than 31 hot, but I'm getting good wear. I will monitor them and post updates.

The Giro Disc brakes have been great, so have the RSS LCA's. Removing the rubber and going with monoballs just makes the car feel that bit more planted.

And yes,the guys at SCB have been fantastic to deal with. Very knowledgeable!!

Last edited by black penguin; 05-30-2013 at 08:36 PM.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:18 PM
Shizzle is infamous around these parts
Fantastic! I'm planning to be there on both the 6th and 7th. Can't wait to see your Trofeos in action!

Old 06-27-2013, 09:22 AM
SteveR8 is infamous around these parts
That is a great looking track car. Are you satisfied with the brakes? It looks like you have quite a bit more room.

How do you feel about the transition from an R8? I'm using an R8 V10 now but am interested in something lighter and less expensive so I would feel better about modding it for track events. I have been eying the C4S and Evora, partly because of the rear seats for weekend drives with my kid. They don't seem much (any?) more trackable than the R8 so perhaps the Cayman would be a better fit for mostly track duty. Then there is the GT3. Did you consider that as well?

Last edited by SteveR8; 06-27-2013 at 09:25 AM.