Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cayman R Track Day build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 07:27 PM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future
Cayman R Track Day build

Well, I have taken my Cayman R to Sportscar Boutique to get outfitted for my upcoming DE day at Calabogie.

Obviously I'm excited.

I ordered some GT2 seats, a Heigo rear cage (x brace)
Giro discs, Padgid Yellows, motul fluid
6 point harness
HANS
Fire extinguisher
Toe links etc

We are still waiting for the RSS Lower conrtol arms. Apparently they are back ordered or something. Once they are in we will have the complete suspension overhaul including monoball.

I will give a full account once I pick it up and head out to Calabogie. It's a shame about the LCA's though.

Pictures too

Last edited by black penguin; 05-02-2013 at 07:31 PM.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:46 AM
Banned
Dan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond repute
The car is Ready for pick up!!! i guess i will see it back once the LCA's are in stock

Old 05-06-2013, 03:46 PM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future
The car was great, as was the ASE the event.

The guys at Sportscar Boutique did a great job on the install.

New tires and LCA's go on as soon as stock is available.
I'm thinking of either Trofeo's or Cups. Any thoughts?

Old 05-06-2013, 03:49 PM
This is the Heigo bar install. It fits fantastically, very tight. there were zero noises or creaks even after a four hour drive to the track and back, and two days of Calabogie track time with 6 secessions each day.

Take a look:

Attached Images         

Last edited by black penguin; 05-06-2013 at 03:55 PM.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:00 PM
They had to cut away the rear painted plastic trim by the rear speakers so they could get access to the shock towers. I think it almost looks stock. In fact most people at the track were perplexed and thought there was a stock bar option.

Take a look:

Attached Images   
Old 05-06-2013, 04:03 PM
Its a nice tight fit too:

My finger barely fits between

I had to push the headliner up just to show how close it is. You can see the light peaking in. But normally it is almost flush with the roof.

Attached Images   
Old 05-06-2013, 04:06 PM
The GT2 Seats are amazing. I drove for four hours to the track, then three hours a day and a four hour drive home. No problems at all.

Comfortable, safe and you can keep the airbag for driving to the track. Expensive for sure, but I don't regret at all buying them. Same goes for the harness. I'm going to add one for the passenger as some of the instructors asked for it.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	img3571ki.jpg
Views:	1725
Size:	332.8 KB
ID:	240087  
Attached Images    
Old 05-06-2013, 04:13 PM
I got the Giro-Disc rotors and a set of Padgid Yellow Pads. I like the slotted disc look.

No pics of the suspension components. Perhaps the Sportscar Boutique guys can snap a few when they install the RSS LCA's.

These tires are obviously being replaced once the suspension is sorted:

Attached Images    
Old 05-06-2013, 04:14 PM
Cage from the rear:

Attached Images  
Old 05-06-2013, 04:16 PM
I'm thinking the GT3 Frontend from Getty might be a good idea, because I can get the lower front rubber lip. The all white is just asking for road schmeg.

It was sooo full of track rubber.

Attached Images  
Old 05-06-2013, 05:41 PM
Good question regarding the harness attachment. Does anyone know if a cross brace is available?

Is this setup fine?

Old 05-06-2013, 09:55 PM
Yep, Hans

Old 05-07-2013, 08:22 AM
Banned
Dan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond repute
Looks great Barry!

Last edited by Dan@SCB; 05-15-2013 at 11:06 AM.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:13 PM
Still no LCA'S in stock, so I have to wait.
But the guys came and picked up my car for the fitting of a new set of tires. That's what I call service!!

A new set of Trofeo R's will be on the car next time I see it. Hopefully one track day won't wear too ably. I know these tires like camber, but we are still stuck with no stock. Kind of a drag, as it will likely cost me tire wear.

The guys at SCB are doing their best to work around it.

Old 05-25-2013, 09:24 PM
Okay, so I now have the LCA'S on the car and a set to Trofeo R's. I love this car!!!!!

Honestly, the car is telepathic now. I cannot believe the transformation. It has taken seconds of my time and the car does exactly what you want it to do. It's like it is psychically connected to me.

My entry and exit speeds have both increased. The car is actually more predictable and I have the guys in much faster cars stopping over to ask me questions.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cayman R Track Day build