Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good Bye Cayman S Hello Boxster Spyder

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 02:48 AM
cremaley is infamous around these parts
Good Bye Cayman S Hello Boxster Spyder

Decided to spend Memorial Day trading my 2008 Cayman S with 31,556 miles on the odometer for a 2011 Boxster Spyder with 1,458 miles on the odometer. Its Basalt Black Metallic with Carrera Red Natural Leather and Grey Alcantara interior. Options include: Bi-Xenon Headlights, 7 Speed PDK, Sport Chrono Package and 19" Boxster Spyder Wheels. Stopped by the dealer to pick up an accessory for my Cayman and saw this Spyder. Could not resist buying it.

Attached Images   
Old 05-28-2013, 06:06 AM
TurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really nice
Seriously cool car. Omg the seats

Old 05-28-2013, 09:52 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Oh my that's pretty !! Congrats on the new purchase, can't believe you got rid of the Cayman but this was great choice

Old 05-28-2013, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by ECS Tuning - Porsche
Oh my that's pretty !! Congrats on the new purchase, can't believe you got rid of the Cayman but this was great choice
Thanks. I am still a big Cayman fan but I could not resist buying this Spyder. More horsepower than I had in Cayman S in a much lighter car. Love the Sport and Sport Plus modes which I did not have in the Cayman. Was close to pulling the trigger on aftermarket exhausts and a ECU tune for the Cayman but when I saw this Spyder it was love at first sight. While its a 2011 its basically a new car with only 1,450 miles on the odometer and a warranty that runs through May 2016. Also the new 981 Cayman S cars that I looked at were from the mid 80's to almost $90,000. This Spyder had an MSRP of $76,845 and I was able to buy the it for $$64,384. Maybe a couple of years down the road when the 2014 Caymans S are not so pricey I will pick one up but for now I am completely satisfied with the Spyder.

Old 05-28-2013, 05:23 PM
Da Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of light
Wonderful car. Congrat's and many happy, safe miles.

Old 05-28-2013, 05:48 PM
rbb1991 is infamous around these parts
Congrats on the Spyder. LOVE those seats!

Old 05-28-2013, 10:29 PM
DennisP is infamous around these partsDennisP is infamous around these parts
Wunderbares auto. Sounds like you got a great deal. Love those sexy seats. Congratulations.

Old 05-29-2013, 10:10 AM
GWerks is infamous around these parts
One of the best color combinations available.

Old 05-29-2013, 11:28 AM
Originally Posted by GWerks
One of the best color combinations available.
Thanks I think so to. That's why I could not pass up buying it. When my wife saw the interior she said there is no way we are not buying this car. She's as bad as I am when it comes to buying cars. Thank God for that.

Old 05-29-2013, 02:58 PM
AGinMN is infamous around these parts
sweet buy. i work with a guy who LOVES his. can you track it?

Old 05-29-2013, 03:01 PM
Site Sponsor
vividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on the new car. I love that interior. planning on doing any upgrades soon?

Old 05-29-2013, 04:12 PM
Brando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud of
Georgia Bulldog fan???

Nice car!

Old 05-29-2013, 04:17 PM
Dr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of light
Congrats! You will love the handling!!

Old 05-29-2013, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by Brando
Georgia Bulldog fan???

Nice car!
As a matter of fact I am a Georgia Bulldog fan. Both of my daughters graduated from Georgia. I'll bet you can guess what my prestige license plate will say.

Old 05-29-2013, 05:54 PM
PNug is infamous around these parts
I think you went wrong, the Spyder is an accessory for a Cayman not a replacement. Your salesperson slipped up.

Beautiful car man, love the color combo.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Good Bye Cayman S Hello Boxster Spyder