Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cage installation pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 09:18 PM
Bruinbro is a jewel in the roughBruinbro is a jewel in the roughBruinbro is a jewel in the rough
Cage installation pics

I decided to post some pics of the Stable Energies bolt in cage installation prior to padding. Since there was alot of pics I created a style sheet; reply to this post and I'll post a larger pic of the one(s) you request. I can also send them via e-mail if you want.

Bruinbro

Old 07-31-2005, 09:25 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
is there any way u can either email me the high res pix or post it on a site that i can enlarge it.
how hard was it to install the cage?
i think looks good...

Raja

Old 07-31-2005, 09:59 PM
Bruinbro is a jewel in the roughBruinbro is a jewel in the roughBruinbro is a jewel in the rough
Originally posted by LIL RAJA
is there any way u can either email me the high res pix or post it on a site that i can enlarge it.
how hard was it to install the cage?
i think looks good...

Raja
Sent you an e-mail.

Thanks for the kudos, it was somewhat of a pain to install. Most of which my own doing as I bought the cage second hand so it didn't come with the weld-in mounting brackets. Also, I don't know how straight my Boxster is, so fitment was tighter than the people at Stable Energies were claiming. I had to install shims under the main hoop feet to tilt the main hoop back a bit as the first time I fully bolted the cage together on the welded brackets it deformed the body so that the doors wouldn't close correctly. Also, I did not rip the carpet out, just peeled it back away from the install points to do the welding. In hindsight it would have been easier to remove the center console and lift the carpet out completely. I'm not sure this cage was designed with keeping the A-pillar padding in place; that is where 90% of my fitment problems occured.

The chassis stiffening is amazing! The beast now acts and feels like a go-kart. I can only imagine what the improvement would be if I could put in a Petty bar (diagonal brace from the driver's side back upper corner to the passenger side lower front corner).

Padding pics next week sometime,

Bruinbro

Old 07-31-2005, 11:43 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
thanks Bruinbro,

I got all the pictures. They look simply amazing.
I bet the car drives like hell of a go-cart.
wish i was closer, i would def. ask for a ride.

Raja