Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Purchase/lease advice on Cayman S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 06:29 PM
SockPuppetry is infamous around these parts
Purchase/lease advice on Cayman S

Hi all, just registered after passing buy a Porsche dealer and seeing a gorgeous Cayman in the showroom.

I've actually wanted a Cayman since they first came out in 2006, but financially it was out of the question back then. The new 2014 looks absolutely stunning and I think I can afford one now, and its siren song is calling me again.

I work in a major city and commute from the 'burbs via mass transit. I also have a daily driver. So a Cayman purchase would be purely for entertainment.

If I drove to work, I would simply go with a lease, no questions, since I'd get a fair amount of utility from the car during the lease period. But since I would be driving it mainly on weekends and maybe a weekday or two, I'm guessing a lease would be a poor financial decision.

However, I'm very hesitant to drop a huge chunk of cash on a down payment (or outright purchase); time value of money and all.

I have heard Porsche also has a low-mileage lease program for people similar to me? Has anyone ever tried this, and are the savings vs. a traditional 10k or 12k mile/year lease substantial?

Old 06-22-2013, 05:20 AM
cremaley is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SockPuppetry
Hi all, just registered after passing buy a Porsche dealer and seeing a gorgeous Cayman in the showroom.

I've actually wanted a Cayman since they first came out in 2006, but financially it was out of the question back then. The new 2014 looks absolutely stunning and I think I can afford one now, and its siren song is calling me again.

I work in a major city and commute from the 'burbs via mass transit. I also have a daily driver. So a Cayman purchase would be purely for entertainment.

If I drove to work, I would simply go with a lease, no questions, since I'd get a fair amount of utility from the car during the lease period. But since I would be driving it mainly on weekends and maybe a weekday or two, I'm guessing a lease would be a poor financial decision.

However, I'm very hesitant to drop a huge chunk of cash on a down payment (or outright purchase); time value of money and all.

I have heard Porsche also has a low-mileage lease program for people similar to me? Has anyone ever tried this, and are the savings vs. a traditional 10k or 12k mile/year lease substantial?

Hennessy Porsche in Roswell, Georgia is offering the following lease deals on a 2013 Cayman with PDK. $447.00 per month for 24 months, 5,000 miles per year with $6,995 down at closing or $747.00 per month for 24 months, 5,000 miles per year with zero down at closing and first least payment on the dealer.

Old 06-24-2013, 07:04 AM
heiwaz is infamous around these parts
I cant speak about because Im living out your country, but hope you get your cayman soonest.