Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boxster Rear Spoiler Dead

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 01:38 PM
GEARHEADTX is infamous around these parts
Boxster Rear Spoiler Dead

I was reading through this forum string and was not able to find answers to a few specific questions I have below. I hope you can help. I have 2003 Boxster (manual tranny) and recently experienced the instrument cluster warning light about spoiler not operating as I was hitting spoiler up speeds. I am also not able to raise or lower the spoiler using the manual switch in the fuse box in the foot well. Here is what I have checked.

1. D7 (15amp) fuse is good. Replaced with another fuse and no action
2. Swapped relays 3 and 9 in rear trunk and still no action
3. Replaced relays 3 and 9 in rear trunk with new and still no action.

I will not be able to check the spoiler motor since I cannot get the spoiler cover off for removal of the assembly in the trunk. Are there any other checks that I should do? How do I get access to the motor if I cannot remove the cover (spoiler cannot be raised to loosen the cover)?

Your help and input is appreciated.

Last edited by GEARHEADTX; 08-03-2013 at 01:58 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old 08-03-2013, 02:17 PM
CBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant future
Not sure about Boxters but on some 911 cars the hydraulics that raise the spoiler are what fail. Do you have leaking hydraulic fluid anywhere?

Old 08-03-2013, 03:21 PM
GEARHEADTX is infamous around these parts
There are no visual signs of hydraulic fluid leakage (inside the trunk or underneath). The spoiler does not move up at all so not sure if it was a leak if it would have made some movement. There are no sounds or signs that the spoiler is trying to move.

Old 08-04-2013, 08:26 PM
Woodster is a jewel in the roughWoodster is a jewel in the roughWoodster is a jewel in the rough
I am not familiar with Boxsters and their spoilers, but I had the same thing happen with my 991 911S. It turned out that the engine cover was not latched on one side after I had it detailed. It also took quite a few miles for everything to work properly after I latched the engine cover. Maybe there is something similar going on? Just a stab in the dark by me.......