Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New or Used Cayman?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 09:08 AM
Mlcn50 is infamous around these parts
I hear you. My wife has the 2011 Boxster. She traded her Lexus is250 convertible in for the boxster. She loves her Boxster, but we never travel more then 100 miles together
In her car. My legs start to cramp. I have the 2013 Boxster. We travel in it all the time. Her 2011 has 18000 miles on it after 2.5 years. My 2013 is one year old next month, it got 26000 on it. The comfort level in my opinion is vastly improved. Unfortunately your wife at her height is probably not the demographic group Porsche is aiming the Cayman at. She would have trouble with most cars reaching the clutch pedal. Ever consider a Miata?

Old 09-29-2013, 09:18 AM
Michael Yount is just really niceMichael Yount is just really niceMichael Yount is just really niceMichael Yount is just really nice
Neither of us have any interest in a convertible of any make. But, we digress. Suppose the point comes back to what it always comes back to. A particular individual has to go out and see what works best for them. One size does not fit all. The newer car may be more comfortable for someone taller, but the older one was more comfortable for my wife. And the car was bought for me. Her test fit was simply to be sure she could drive it if she needed/wanted to. Day 3 at home - I've yet to be able to talk her into getting behind the wheel. Go figure.

Last edited by Michael Yount; 09-29-2013 at 09:20 AM.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:20 AM
Jimmianne is infamous around these parts
Good things come in small packages.

I'm 5'2" and have to use a padded backrest so I can push in the clutch on the Cayenne. As I'm sure your wife knows very well, the world of vehicles does not have us in mind, in fact I have to wear a weight vest on my tractor so the safety switch doesn't engage.

I've been considering at least test driving a Miata to see how much fun there is to be had without the higher purchase price. I live on a farm at the end of a long & dusty gravel road. I have an "oh well" attitude with the Cayenne - it was meant to be used this way, but a brand new precious gorgeous sports Porsche ...!?

I guess the bottom line will be what happens with the test drive. Love is love and that's what this is all about.

Old 09-29-2013, 09:22 AM
Michael, why aren't you out driving that beautiful new car!?

have a good day, everyone. I'm off to the car park.

Old 09-29-2013, 09:22 AM
Michael Yount is just really niceMichael Yount is just really niceMichael Yount is just really niceMichael Yount is just really nice
Didn't even know you could get a manual tranny in a Cayenne... We took the 'other' hot rod out yesterday. Headed to brunch in a bit....in the Cayman.

Old 09-29-2013, 04:17 PM
Had to order the manual - only 100+ in the states and none in my area. Apparently the rest of the world has gone automatic. Something to do with being able to eat, text and sleep while driving.
Looked at Caymans & Miatas today. No test drives as everything is closed on Sunday, but even with the vehicles parked & locked my mind is made up. [That was easy!]

Hope your drive was all it could be.

Old 09-29-2013, 04:36 PM
Wife was tickled how much room there is for groceries in the front.....nice.....

Let us know what you get -- pics in the thread.

Old 09-30-2013, 11:07 AM
will do!

Old 10-01-2013, 12:04 PM
phlegm is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Michael Yount
Just picked up a '10 Cayman S with 15k miles on it yesterday -- drove it from Orlando back home to Charlotte. Big smile plastered on face all the way home....so, you know what choice I made.

Great car. Looks like the smile wore off before the photo was taken.

Old 10-01-2013, 02:39 PM
On the contrary - that is EXACTLY what a huge smile on the inside looks like on the outside once 4 days of anticipatory adrenaline has burned out.