Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Desperately need a Cayman at The TireRack!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 10:20 AM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Desperately need a Cayman at The TireRack!!

Guys -

We determine what fitments work on a car by profiling the brake/suspension/and wheelwell measurements. We need a Cayman here in South Bend (100 miles east of Chicago) to take a look at. Until we can, we have no way of knowing what fits.

Is there anyone here that would be willing to bring theirs in so we can take a look at it? Thanks in advance.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 03-03-2006, 10:23 AM
wassup61 is infamous around these partswassup61 is infamous around these parts
will you give free wheels?

Old 03-03-2006, 12:39 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
No, but it will appear on our websight and in print ads...

Or use this link:
Old 03-03-2006, 02:35 PM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
Good luck but I think a deeply discounted set of PS2's might get someone motivated.

Old 03-03-2006, 03:14 PM
Discount, maybe. Free, no.....

Or use this link:
Old 03-03-2006, 05:30 PM
DCLEE is infamous around these parts
The car runs 9s and 10s (x18) comfortably, 10.5s will also work. Now send my free tires to... (oh, never mind... )

Lee in D.C.
'06 Cayman S track project

Old 03-09-2006, 12:46 PM
Banned by Moderators
SANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura about
Think about what it would cost to rent a Cayman for a day from an exotic rental store. (If they even have one to rent) $200-$300 maybe more. I would throw the guy a bone a free set of tires is fair. Who ever would be doing the favor would have to waste their entire day for TR to profit. What is his/her time worth?

Old 03-09-2006, 02:09 PM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
I wouldn't do it for anything less even if I lived next door. Damon you make it sound like you are doing someone a favor.

Cost of doing business.

Old 03-10-2006, 09:59 AM
Banned for Eternity
teutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond repute
Agreed - photos in print ads wouldn't do it for me either, not that I have a Cayman S or anything. Has to be something benefitting the user who is benefitting YOU as a business...c'mon.

Old 03-12-2006, 11:43 PM
soltino is infamous around these parts
One spare tire for one day sounds right. (-%

tino

Old 03-13-2006, 02:23 PM
Bri
EE
Bri has a spectacular aura aboutBri has a spectacular aura about
I agree with the people above as well... Most companies give the "volunteer" the actual product they are testing on their vehicles as a thank you for their time. For example, HKS needs a IS350 for prototyping their products (coilovers, exhaust, etc), whatever they test on the vehicle will usually be given to the owner of the car when it comes out of production.

Originally Posted by SANDOVAL
Think about what it would cost to rent a Cayman for a day from an exotic rental store. (If they even have one to rent) $200-$300 maybe more. I would throw the guy a bone a free set of tires is fair. Who ever would be doing the favor would have to waste their entire day for TR to profit. What is his/her time worth?
^^^ Totally agree 110%

Old 03-14-2006, 06:03 PM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
A set of tires or springs would be a nice gift for the person's time. I think for someone to take a day or two to travel out to the tirerack and wait for them to get info and make money is not fair if they are not being thrown a bone of some sort.

Old 03-19-2006, 12:00 PM
Banned
nickm is infamous around these parts
I know Borla exhaust gives you a free exhaust if youre lucky enough to loan your car to them to make their "first" prototype exhaust for the model car youre driving. Somebody who owned a Murcialago got a free exhaust for loaning his car to them a few years back. How much was that worth??

Old 03-19-2006, 12:26 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
You guys amaze me, he gives everyone great service and a great price on tires/wheels/etc and he ask a FAVOR and you want something in return, shame on you!!!!!

Christian

Old 03-19-2006, 03:48 PM
Official Dipshit 2006
shiggins is infamous around these parts
I'm sure you can find someone who will do it for free and for the benifit of all the other Cayman owners. Don't give into these greedy asses unless you have no other choice. It's pretty sad I'd say. Especially in a community of "enthusiasts".

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Desperately need a Cayman at The TireRack!!