Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FVD 3.8L Conversion Into Member's 986 Boxster!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 10:37 AM
Mika_Hakkinen is infamous around these parts
Sweet. Best of luck with this!

Old 08-29-2006, 03:34 PM
Boxsterund914 is infamous around these parts
Dave,

You are probably feeling like you have devalued your car by changing it from its stock configuration. I am sure you are felling trapped and are getting serious buyers remorse for having done this conversion.

I want to let you know that I'm here for you bro. If you wish to bail, I will take it off your hands. I will give you my stock boxster in trade and won't charge you any extra!

Just private message me, no one has to know. There will be no embarrasment.

Old 08-29-2006, 04:32 PM
Dave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to behold
Boxsterund914,
For months I've been waiting for a true friend to step forward and save me from this conversion, my personal hell. Though we've never met, I want to thank you for stepping up to the plate on this. I'll never in my life forget your gesture of kindness....

Rather than PM you, I've simply just mailed you the keys to the car. Thanks again for saving me...In return, could you simply make the $100k check out to Dave in Jersey?

Old 08-29-2006, 04:48 PM
Boxsterund914 is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the keys....The check is in the mail! I did it because I could read between the lines of your posts. I saw the pain.

Old 08-29-2006, 10:49 PM
europwr is infamous around these parts
How does the rear cover fit over the manifolds...looks like it sits too tall?

I think I've found my next mod!

Old 08-30-2006, 08:36 AM
Dave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to behold
It fits. They fit under the slight rise in the cover. I think that they used a couple of parts from the Cayman to make everything fit. I think that this is part of the "magic" of their conversion.

Dave

Old 08-31-2006, 05:44 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
I would have saved you but who would save me???

Old 09-01-2006, 11:35 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Dave, I really hope you don't have that car shipped up to you. You need to go down pick it up and DRIVE IT HOME!

That car is begging for some drives up the Natchez Trail, Blue Ridge Parkway,a nd you must go to NC for the Tail!!

Old 09-01-2006, 11:37 AM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
Dave

If you do that I will join you as I have some time off!!!

Old 09-01-2006, 03:09 PM
NiATE is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JP-S-St.Louis
Dave

If you do that I will join you as I have some time off!!!
That would be sweet! A 3.8 Boxster and a Supercharged Boxster on the same run? They'd never know what hit 'em!!

Old 09-01-2006, 05:23 PM
Just a boxster?
Nate what’s up bud... Do you know something about our project that I don't???

This would be a cool opportunity for the mags...Monster Boxsters from top U.S. tuners tour the tail of the dragon...I can see it in lights

Old 09-02-2006, 10:47 AM
Hmmmmmmm............Boxsters Fight Back!!! I can see the headlines now!!

Sounds like an awesome trip.

DAVe

Old 09-02-2006, 10:51 AM
Just a boxster?
Where are my dyno results *****?

Old 09-02-2006, 10:58 AM
I can neither confirm nor deny.....they'll be coming. Where's your car, *****?

Notice the signature change?

Old 09-02-2006, 11:15 AM
Just a boxster?
Originally Posted by Dave
Where's your car, *****?

Notice the signature change?
First of that just is mean...I know I still have a car....I think....maybe ....sorta...Well hell I at least have my pics

I Just saw the Cayman Cab 3.8S and fell on the floor laughing... I think that may be my next ic plate CAYMN CAB (I hope I can have 7 letters)

Last edited by JP-S-St.Louis; 09-02-2006 at 11:33 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: FVD 3.8L Conversion Into Member's 986 Boxster!