Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FVD 3.8L Conversion Into Member's 986 Boxster!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 07:35 AM
Who let the dogs out...
Adrift is infamous around these parts
Yeah, I guess "slammed" usually means the car is so low, the wheels are tucked up into the body work, low-rider style. I had M030 on my first Boxster, and was pleased with it, but this is a whole other level of "low"...and of stability. It is a little bit of a pain to drive on the street, but looks great (IMO) and is awesome on the track.

Dave, looks like we are brothers under the skin. Both ex owners of TTs with hot-rodded Boxsters. Except maybe for resale value, I don't have any regrets. My wife does, though. She loved that turbo. lol

Old 07-06-2007, 08:38 AM
Dave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to behold
Adrift,
Someday I'll go to the Low Side. Right now, I'm enjoying the extra power.

Yes, we've got a similar past....interesting how we both ended up.

My wife hated the 996TT. Maybe it was because I just showed up with it one day.

Dave

Old 08-14-2007, 10:07 AM
Schnell is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jayster
Schnell, ask Dave or give me a call. I did his conversion.
Jay. 561.272.8380
Hey Jay,

Just wondering if you have access to the auctions as well. I'm looking for a nice Boxster S as a base car to later do the conversion.

Cheers,
Mike

Old 08-14-2007, 01:37 PM
jayster is infamous around these parts
I am hesitant to reccomend an auction, I would cruise the boards, get an Excellence or Pano, I would reccomend buying wisely. As this aint gonna be cheap by no stretch. Just make it as painless as possible. A friend has developed killer mapping for that conversion, call me, or PM.
Jay Putnam.

Old 09-08-2007, 12:11 PM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
Dave, thanks for the good response on driving feel in your "new" ride. I think that must be the perfect combination short of a cs or cgt.
Nothing beats mid engine cars for handling fun. My 3.4 is about to go to a new owner and i know I am going to miss her sweet, easy to live with disposition!
I do have a trick up my sleeve though and will be back in boxster land soon.....

Old 09-09-2007, 08:45 AM
Dave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to behold
River,
We'll miss you. And, of cours, the anticipation is going to kill me. I think I smell a Boxster turbo!!!!!!!

Dave

Old 09-20-2007, 07:23 PM
LowFlyR is infamous around these parts
I need to keep saving. One day....

Old 10-08-2007, 03:12 PM
Like a junkie, I need more power. If I don't do something soon, I may have to buy a Gallardo or something. Silly I know.

Anyone out there doing modifications to 997 3.8L motors without actually going to forced induction? What about cam kits or throttle bodies, etc??

Help.

Old 10-08-2007, 03:33 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
uhhh huh me 2! I am thinking a set of cams may keep me for a while or else just build a motor. I sat in a C6Z last week. I liked it but not as much as my Boxster, And I can build my Boxster to be as fast for the money I would loose in the first 6months of ownership of the ZO6. arghh I have to choose soon I am getting a lot of intereest on my Boxster.

You should do a set of cams for that beast!

Old 10-08-2007, 05:32 PM
Hey Josh,
I tried to look to see if anyone had some Cams, Schick or otherwise for the 3.8L motor, but I couldn't find any. Maybe it is because it has the variocam plus?? Not sure.

I was just looking at Todd's 997S V2 SC kit. I'll probably give them a call sometime this week to see if it could be adapted to the limited space in the Boxster. IA already told me that they wouldn't do it. But that's old news.

I know you've been itching for that Z06 for some time now. I still like my Boxster too. The Gallardo is calling reallllly loudly though!!

When you coming out East?

Dave

Old 10-08-2007, 07:38 PM
blinkwatt is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Dave
Anyone out there doing modifications to 997 3.8L motors without actually going to forced induction? What about cam kits or throttle bodies, etc??
You could install one of those intake plenums for your 3.8L,they are dynoed at +20hp or something like that. I would also look into calling Instant G,they have an ENTIRE exhaust set up strictly for Boxster conversions.

Old 10-08-2007, 08:53 PM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Dave
Like a junkie, I need more power. If I don't do something soon, I may have to buy a Gallardo or something. Silly I know.

Help.
wow, that was fast. Sounds like some boost in your future.
Have you considered a viper........

Old 10-08-2007, 11:38 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
Dave

I hate to tell you the SC will be o help after 6months. You really need the G and you will have to TT it. I will make sure I will make it out there soon. The Gf was out there last few weeks I almoast had you meet up with her for a ride in the car.

Old 10-11-2007, 09:13 AM
Josh,

The Girlfriend?? Mannnn....I'm liking you more and more each day..... just kidding.

I'm going up to Bergen Lambo on Sat morning. I've got to catch up on these Lambo mods. Haven't heard about a TT settup on the Gallardo.

River,

The pot calling the kettle black...you HP junkie you.

Dave

Old 10-11-2007, 09:17 AM
Just a boxster?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: FVD 3.8L Conversion Into Member's 986 Boxster!