Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lowering an M030 Suspension

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 08:25 AM
Dave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to behold
Lowering an M030 Suspension

When I get my car back from FVD I'd like to tastefully lower it. The M030 suspension ordered with the car is awesome and I love the feel of the car so I have to admit that it is more of an aesthetic thing than a performance enhancement.

Is there any way to accomplish this without screwing up the ride. I know that the M030 is already an inch or so lower than the standard cayman spyder, but I need another inch or so.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Old 10-07-2006, 10:59 AM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
You have to look into the KW coilver and PSS9..they have comfort settings..
If youre ok with M030's ride then you should be good with these coilover kits..I dont think thre's an OEM race suspension for the Cayman Spyder, like the X74/X74 if there is then that's youre alternative
Good person to contact is Todd(teutronic)..

Old 10-07-2006, 12:36 PM
yetis is infamous around these parts
Is there any significant weight difference between the 3.4 and 3.8S setup? Also, with the convertable top, there will be more weight on the back as well. If so, you will want to get something that adjusts for that. I agree with the suggestion above, that you look into the KW option as you can adjust the spring rates to compensate. Do you have PASM?

Old 10-07-2006, 01:45 PM
easyc is infamous around these parts
You could go with just some simple lowering springs like H&R... that would probably work fine since the M030 have shorter struts than the stock ones.

Old 10-07-2006, 08:54 PM
Dave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to behold
Alex,
Had PSS9s on the TT. Never could set them up right. (Not to say that they are a bad choice. No hate mail, please.)

Have had KWs on the A4 for 130k miles. They are awesome. Maybe I'll consider the same for the Spyder if the lowering springs don't feel right.

Are Lowering Springs Standardized for my car? Are there different lowering springs for different heights? Can someone enlighten me, please? As stated before, I don't want to slam the car to the ground.

Dave

Old 10-08-2006, 01:32 AM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dave
Alex,
Had PSS9s on the TT. Never could set them up right. (Not to say that they are a bad choice. No hate mail, please.)

Have had KWs on the A4 for 130k miles. They are awesome. Maybe I'll consider the same for the Spyder if the lowering springs don't feel right.

Are Lowering Springs Standardized for my car? Are there different lowering springs for different heights? Can someone enlighten me, please? As stated before, I don't want to slam the car to the ground.

Dave
I'm actually in the same boat.. right now the Cayman coupe haha, is on
HR springs..looking at KW.. but wanted to know the ride comfort..I've been in a 996 with pss9 and it was ok... how's the ride on your A4?

Old 10-12-2006, 06:29 PM
Alex,
The ride on the A4 is awesome with the KW Coilovers. If I thought I could mimic the ride on the Cayman Spyder ( )without spoiling the ride, I'd do it in a heartbeat. I was just hoping that I could keep the M030 as close to original as possible while just lowering a bit more, that's all.

Dave

Old 10-12-2006, 06:41 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
Cross Coilovers....I have the M030 with a set of Eibach springs that lowered it 1" in the front and 1 1/2" in the rear...Sometimes it is WAY to low and I would like to adjust up for when the GF drives it.

Old 10-14-2006, 08:33 AM
Originally Posted by yetis
Is there any significant weight difference between the 3.4 and 3.8S setup? Also, with the convertable top, there will be more weight on the back as well. If so, you will want to get something that adjusts for that. I agree with the suggestion above, that you look into the KW option as you can adjust the spring rates to compensate. Do you have PASM?
Yetis,
I don't think there is any significant difference in the weight of the engine. And no, I don't have PASM.

Josh,
Thanks for the insight. I love the stance of your car, but it is a little too low for an old (I turned 40, remember?) guy like me. I'm going to look at the KW option since I had such great success with my Audi.

Thanks guys.

Dave