Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tpc Turbo Kit Cayman

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 04:08 PM
caymanSuper is just really nicecaymanSuper is just really nicecaymanSuper is just really nicecaymanSuper is just really nicecaymanSuper is just really nice
Tpc Turbo Kit Cayman

i have been talking to TPC mototsports on the phone and they have told me that they are in the process of creating a turbo kit for the cayman (S). it will have a single turbo, 420 crank hp, for around 8-9 thousand... sounds great,, thay also said that it will be comming out in the spring. feal free to call them your self to hear for your self..

Old 10-18-2006, 04:26 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
I would ask them how they can make it work on a Cayman and not a Boxster S... I do not wish to be negative but just be careful.

Old 10-18-2006, 05:01 PM
atlas310 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JP-S-St.Louis
I would ask them how they can make it work on a Cayman and not a Boxster S... I do not wish to be negative but just be careful.
Did they attempt to do one for the Boxster S unsuccessfully?

Old 10-18-2006, 05:07 PM
Bruinbro is a jewel in the roughBruinbro is a jewel in the roughBruinbro is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by atlas310
Did they attempt to do one for the Boxster S unsuccessfully?
They didn't try. They couldn't figure out how to mount the M90 supercharger and ancilliary piping so they gave up. The M62 s/c doesnt flow enough air to make any reasonable hp gain.

Bro

Old 10-18-2006, 05:21 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
TPC is a stand up organization. Real racers with a pedigree. I took my Gt3 and now my Gt2 there for oil changes, suspension work, alignments, dyno runs, you name it. BTW, they won the 2006 Rolex 24 hours at Daytona in a 996. They know their stuff and build it all in house. Their superchargers are the bomb.

Mike Levitas and Tom Chan are honest, straight forward guys. If they can't do it, they will tell you. If they think it's a bad idea, they will tell you, regardless if they fail to sell you something. I'm going by this Saturday to do another Dyno run after my flash to see my gains.

Old 10-18-2006, 05:29 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
Bro

What S/C did they make for the boxster like 3 years ago? Was it the M62 for the 2.5?

Old 10-18-2006, 05:34 PM
Bruinbro is a jewel in the roughBruinbro is a jewel in the roughBruinbro is a jewel in the rough
Bro

What S/C did they make for the boxster like 3 years ago? Was it the M62 for the 2.5?
Yep. That worked fine as the engine displacement works with that size s/c. I bought a used setup and was going to try and make it work with a M90, but my engine went tango uniform before I could work out the mounting arrangement and then the concept for the 4.1 came into being, so I sold the 2.5 setup.

Bro

Old 10-18-2006, 05:43 PM
Just a boxster?
Without changing the cover for the motor I do not see how it would work. The cayman would have the same issues. I wish them the best as I hope to get even more juice out of mine.

Old 10-18-2006, 06:12 PM
Without changing the cover for the motor I do not see how it would work. The cayman would have the same issues. I wish them the best as I hope to get even more juice out of mine.
Is there more room between the motor and the trailing arm on a Cayman? If so, a M90 might fit.

Bro

Old 10-18-2006, 06:25 PM
Just a boxster?
That gives tight a whole new meaning.

Old 10-18-2006, 06:41 PM

Bro

Last edited by Bruinbro; 10-18-2006 at 06:43 PM.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:41 PM
Dave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to behold
A few years ago when I was looking into doing something with my car, I asked TPC about their S/C kit for the Boxster S. Essentially I was told that they were not selling them because the high compression of the S made it difficult to achieve anything more than a 40hp gain. For the cost of the conversion, it didn't make sense to them to sell it.

That said. I respect the fact that they did not sell me a $8k - $9k settup just to make a fast buck with little hope that I would be happy. Kudos to them. Now, if others have figured out how to S/C a Cayman and the S (ala JP's car), I say bravo.

Progress is great.

Old 10-18-2006, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by Dave
Now, if others have figured out how to S/C a Cayman and the S (ala JP's car), I say bravo.

Progress is great.
JP's s/c is different than the one TPC uses for the 2.5 (I have no idea what they are thinking for the Cayman). It has a different pressure and flow curve than the screw type Eaton blower. If that is what TPC is using, then JP's car will be indicative as to how it will behave.

Bro

Old 10-18-2006, 08:31 PM
caymanSuper is just really nicecaymanSuper is just really nicecaymanSuper is just really nicecaymanSuper is just really nicecaymanSuper is just really nice
just so you guys know,i said that they are comming out with a TURBO kit not s/c.... somehow they feal the the turbo will work better..

Old 10-18-2006, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by caymanSuper
just so you guys know,i said that they are comming out with a TURBO kit not s/c.... somehow they feal the the turbo will work better..
Don't confuse us with facts, we're having too much fun in fantasyland.

Bro

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tpc Turbo Kit Cayman