Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cayman S Dry Sump???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 07:52 PM
tracktime is infamous around these parts
Cayman S Dry Sump???

When I was at the dealer looking at the Cayman S window sticker, I saw "dry sump" lubrication listed. I was under the understanding that only the 911 Turbo, GT2, GT3 and Carrera GT had a dry sump oil system. I thought all the others had some type of wet sump.

On a related note is any Cayman owner afraid to track thier car for fear of oil starvation damage? I had an E36 M3 that ended up getting baffels in the oil pan to deal with this issue. Yes, I know Porsche will void your warranty if they can prove you tracked your car.

Old 12-11-2006, 08:16 PM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tracktime
When I was at the dealer looking at the Cayman S window sticker, I saw "dry sump" lubrication listed. I was under the understanding that only the 911 Turbo, GT2, GT3 and Carrera GT had a dry sump oil system. I thought all the others had some type of wet sump.

On a related note is any Cayman owner afraid to track thier car for fear of oil starvation damage? I had an E36 M3 that ended up getting baffels in the oil pan to deal with this issue. Yes, I know Porsche will void your warranty if they can prove you tracked your car.
It really isn't a dry sump. It's an integrated dry sump. i.e. ---- sexy wet sump

Old 12-12-2006, 12:00 AM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
dont listen to dealer and forget the mkting propaganda.
unless you have a CGT, TT, GT2/3, they are all wet sump.

Old 12-12-2006, 02:50 PM
orlando333 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by amerlemans
It really isn't a dry sump. It's an integrated dry sump. i.e. ---- sexy wet sump
A -- nice to see you are now on the better board. Check out the pictures of my Rinspeed Cayman. https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=65228

Old 12-12-2006, 03:17 PM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by orlando333
A -- nice to see you are now on the better board. Check out the pictures of my Rinspeed Cayman. https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=65228
OMG dude!!! That is freakin sick. That makes my CS look like a booger. I love it.