Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Member Hello!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 08:49 PM
ukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond repute
New Member Hello!

Well I've been hanging around a few weeks so maybe an introductory post is in order. I'm originally from the UK (hence the name) but now live outside Boston, MA. I have a 2003 Boxster S which I've had about 18 months now.

The car is terrific, I was fortunate enough to buy it from someone who optioned it nicely and I couldn't be happier. It already has Sports Design interior, Bose, Litronics, Techart Formula wheels, new nose and skirts when I got it, since then I've not done anything major, a few tweaks listed below:
  • Added the OBC (On board computer)
  • Added Cruise Control
  • Replaces the two-stalk column set with a four-stalk to control the two options above.
  • Added my own LED footwell lights.
  • Non-smokers kit.
  • Integrated my garage door opener with a targa roof switch
  • Mounted my V1 in the rear as I don't like it in on the windshield
  • Implanted the V1 remote display in to the mirror
I make a neat Porsche wall clock too *lol* just cuz I needed one for the garage!

I've done write-ups on how to enable OBC, Cruise, set door locks and a couple of other things using a PST2 if any of you are stuggling to get your dealer to do this for you.

In the works are relocating the audio control for the V1 to the dash, adding the Dension unit so I can finally have aux-in and maybe hiding an AM radio under the seat to feed through the Dension for sports radio.

Obligatory picture:

Old 01-20-2007, 09:00 PM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !
Welcome to 6speed Chris. Great lookin' car.

Old 01-20-2007, 09:38 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
welcome aboard mate, nice ride

Old 01-20-2007, 09:56 PM
simon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to behold
Welcome !
Nice looking machine.

I'm a Brit ex-pat too, pleased to meet ya.

:-)

Old 01-20-2007, 10:19 PM
pdutta2000 is a splendid one to beholdpdutta2000 is a splendid one to beholdpdutta2000 is a splendid one to beholdpdutta2000 is a splendid one to beholdpdutta2000 is a splendid one to beholdpdutta2000 is a splendid one to behold
Chris....good to see you on 6Speed. That car looks familiar!! Although you've done more to it than I ever dreamed of.

Old 01-20-2007, 11:49 PM
ukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pdutta2000
Chris....good to see you on 6Speed. That car looks familiar!! Although you've done more to it than I ever dreamed of.
Loveing it every day! It's got winter wheels on now, the AVS Sports are a little scary when it gets real cold. I'll probably need to replace those in the spring as the rears have worn on the inside.

You might spot a couple of cars you recognize in this line:

Congrats on getting married..!

Chris.

Old 01-21-2007, 01:50 AM
NAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to behold
Welcome aboard! You car looks great, it has a very clean look to it.

Old 01-21-2007, 12:23 PM
jcu
jcu is infamous around these parts
nice car! nice rims !

Old 01-21-2007, 01:36 PM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !
Also Chris, you should be getting your new member kit in the mail any day now. Just the usual: Stickers, T-shirt, Sunglasses, Fleece-lined hoodie - all with the 6speed logo. It's part of a promotion DJ and Shank set up with Nike and Oakley for new members joing in the 2nd-half of 2006 and anytime in 2007.

Usually takes about 6-8 weeks. If you don't get them, e-mail Scott (Scott-in-H-Town), one of our moderators, to find out why not. He distributes the stuff from his house, and sometimes he's kinda slow.

Enjoy.

Old 01-21-2007, 01:57 PM
You guys are a riot!

Old 01-21-2007, 09:10 PM
devious986S is infamous around these parts
beautifull car!!

chris, any pics of where you relocated the V1?? i did something similar in my s2000 where i installed it in the windscreen. oh and any pics of the footwell lights

Old 01-21-2007, 09:11 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Nice Boxster.

Old 01-21-2007, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by jackhoff
beautifull car!!

chris, any pics of where you relocated the V1?? i did something similar in my s2000 where i installed it in the windscreen. oh and any pics of the footwell lights
Sure thing.

This is where my V1 currently resides although I'm having a slimmer bracket made almost as we speak. I've made a similar bracket for someone with a 997 that I have pictures of if anyone is interested.

The footwell lights are triple LED units, they are somewhat overexposed in this picture, they are much more subtle but to get a decent picture I had to do it in the dark with a slow shutter speed:

I kind of scoffed at the idea of footwell lights being a waste of time but I really like them, a similar picture on renntech promoted me to do it and it just sort of fills the cabin out nicely.

Chris.

Old 01-22-2007, 02:46 PM
bentley500 is infamous around these partsbentley500 is infamous around these parts
Hey you have a truly great looking Boxter!! I am also outside of Boston (Waltham), where are you located?

BD

Old 01-22-2007, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by bentley500
Hey you have a truly great looking Boxter!! I am also outside of Boston (Waltham), where are you located?

BD
Up 495, on the NH line.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Member Hello!