Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally: Dyno charts of de-snorked 986S!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 11:16 AM
fornowh is infamous around these parts
De-Snorkel

Where do you buy the part?

Old 03-08-2007, 12:07 PM
djomlas is infamous around these parts
you can get them at sunset for the price that he was referring to

Old 03-08-2007, 06:31 PM
Daniel L is infamous around these parts
I hope someone with a Cayman S decides to stop by as well.

Old 03-08-2007, 07:32 PM
Former Vendor
Bisimoto is infamous around these parts
Cool

Originally Posted by fornowh
Where do you buy the part?
R,
Thanks for dropping by my dyno facility! I am pleased that we were able to desnork your 986 for you. I will let you know when we move to our bigger and better shop. See you at the local meet!

Old 03-08-2007, 09:40 PM
De-Snorkel

Hey everybody I met with Bisi today -de snorkel my boxster at his shop, very easy procedure, it took about 10 minutes. He is a cool dude. Bisi it was nice meeting you man. We'll together again soon.

Old 03-09-2007, 05:39 PM
De-Snorkled

I went and met with Bisimoto yesterday, he took out mine, it was kinda hard. there are 3 clips. one on top, front side and bottom part. after i go home i look at those clips, you just have to be patient and pull it out. good luck.

Old 03-11-2007, 10:20 AM
986Jim is infamous around these parts
Bisi whats up dude! I have met you a few times at Sema, I work with ETD and the Vibrant all motor CRX outta Canada. Since when do you mess with Porsche ahahah...

Well that puts that to rest. Guys have always said that de-snorkling doesn't make power, but guess what. If you did that on your dyno and it showes a gain then it's there.

To those who don't know who Bisi is, he holds a lot of titles for FWD import drag racing, plus has a lot of product development expertice under his belt. If it can be made to go fast, he has done it.

Old 03-14-2007, 09:14 AM
Former Vendor
Talking

Greetings Jim,
Were you at the Vibrant party years ago? It was a blast!
I purchased a 986 recently, and currently designing some sick parts for it using my engineering and racing backgrounds. There is so much potential for these Porsches, it is so exciting!

I will start out with headers and exhaust (you may know what I have done for the Acura market with my designs), and then move on to camshafts, induction, and electronics. My in-house dyno is a huge plus as well.

I will be at SEMA this year with my race car, and may build even a new pro FWD....time/money will tell. Take care.

Old 03-14-2007, 10:08 AM
986Jim is infamous around these parts
Yeah I was there with Dino and Albert from Vibrant acctually. John the owner of ETD and I travel to SEMA every year. Last year 2006 I was on a Cane and moving a bit slower than normal because of my Bike accident, but I still made it. I missed 2005 completly as I was in the hopsital from my Bike accident through that time (sucks..).

I'm interested to see what you come up with for your car. The consensus with most Porsche people is that there is nothing extra you can get from these cars in terms of performance (which you and I know is just not true obviously...) and it's very expensive to make and buy parts for. Which we both also know is not true. I'm gonna make a full system (except for headers) for my car with Vibrant Cats and Muflfers and tips, gonna hit up Dino this summer hahaha... I have an Evo intake on my car already, I highly suggest you build an intake the induction noise alone is worth it. It's like de-snorkling your car about 10 times over. The evo intakes are plastic which is good for a mid engine car and heat, not sure how aluminum would do, maybe consider buying one of those vs. building something aluminum?

ttyl..

Old 03-19-2007, 12:19 AM
easyc is infamous around these parts
Wow... awesome work... you should really look into the exhaust side of the engine.. I have read that the boxster's headers when compared to those off a 3.2 from a 993 are ridiculously small. Im going to say that losing the one of the two sets of cats are the best bet by installing something like fabspeed's bypass pipes, then use some sort of header that incorporates the minimum size catalytic convertor that will not throw a CEL but still lets our car breath...those matched up with a free flowing exhaust like those offered by GHL may be your best bet. Just to give you a path on other mods, as I am sure you are going to be doing your own research, but obviously those exhaust mods the only other "offered" mods out there past a supercharger are intakes like those from s-car-go or evoms, reflashing the ECU, and upgraded camsafts like the ones offered by FVD. I have researched the cams extensively, but they are pricy but seem to be the best bet outside of forced induction. Bruinbro on here has looked into upping the displacement on his 3.2, but I don't know how that is going. I will say though that I would be first in line if you could manufacturer some headers with race cats... id be all over them if they weren't as expensive as Fabspeed's 2500 dollar ones.

Old 03-20-2007, 04:46 PM
devious986S is infamous around these parts
^^ same as him

if you could come up with new headers that fit well, and also had cats built it, id be all over them. Those with bypass pipes and a killer exhaust would make you alot of money (as long as the price is set right). As the others said, im looking forward to what you'll come up with.

Old 05-14-2007, 04:43 PM
Former Vendor
I agree...I am exploring some high technology headers for my 986S and will post results as soon as they are done. There may be a way to prevent a CEL with some high performance headers, sans the catalytic converters. I am also going to attempt an efficient, but not too loud, exhaust/muffler system...stay tuned!

Old 05-15-2007, 01:17 AM
easyc is infamous around these parts
awesome... I already have a GHL stainless on my 986s, but Im still terribly interested in what you come up with and the results for headers and secondary cats.

Old 05-15-2007, 06:37 AM
Banned
nyboxsterS is infamous around these parts
So there isn't and clip or clamp holding the snorkel on? You just yank it out? What does the inboard side of the snorkel attach to?

Originally Posted by djomlas
this is what you want to pull out, simple grab and pull, it will most likely not want to come out, but with some pursuasion it will slide out, watch your hands

Old 06-05-2007, 09:44 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by nyboxsterS
So there isn't and clip or clamp holding the snorkel on? You just yank it out? What does the inboard side of the snorkel attach to?
Yes, with some effort, it "yanks" out.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Finally: Dyno charts of de-snorked 986S!!!