Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Subic International Raceway (SIR) trackday again

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 05:53 AM
jcu
jcu is infamous around these parts
Subic International Raceway (SIR) trackday again

Went to track the boxster s again and it performed flawlessly im falling in love with this car more and more! Day started around 6:30am blasted through NLEX (our country's attempt at the autobhan) then we hit the tracks at around 9am(track is around a 2hr drive from manila located inside a former US naval base) after some light breakfast! we were quite a big group we rented the track for private use, around 20 cars, mostly BMW's and Mini's. Highlight for me was when i let a pro race car driver (who's family owns the track) drive me around the track but wasnt able to get a timed run because i did 8 hard laps before this portion of the day shucks!!!, mental note get some track pads and dont lap that hard before time runs all was good on the way home! fastest on the time laps was a manual chilli red mini cooper S who managed a 1.29 mins lap on the long course, second fastest was a step mini cooper S who's lap time was 1.30 mins track record i heard was 1.17mins by a track prepped car not bad for street cars blasting through the track. ok enough talk here are some pics

Last edited by jcu; 03-21-2007 at 06:17 AM.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:59 AM
jcu

Old 03-21-2007, 06:01 AM
jcu

thanks for looking

Old 03-21-2007, 06:50 AM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
Nice pics bud...

Have we met before? Possibly on a funrun with sina Robert?

Do you do BRC at all? PM me if you would like to come with us... might go before Holy Week holidays.

By the way, that black S2000 looks familiar. Someone with a black one joined us on our last BRC day (it was his first time I think). I'm not sure if its that one...

Cheers

Old 03-21-2007, 12:13 PM
jcu
hesperus: i think we've met before in a fun run i joined a couple of years ago but im more active with the bmw club with sila ryan cruz, thanks for the invite btw! have been to brc twice already one with TRS and one last month during the C! magazine trackday. Yah i think the s2000 joined you guys in one of your track sessions he was telling us about it during this event and from what i hear you guys are pretty hardcore hehe! anyways you got PM!

Old 03-21-2007, 06:16 PM
Verone24 is infamous around these partsVerone24 is infamous around these parts
ay nacco, another set of great pics pare!

I want to ship this one over there and track it soon

it would be fun to take this one

I think the best daily beater/track that would be easy to maintain would be this one

Old 03-21-2007, 08:48 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
that's awesome. i have some friends from Philipines. They are car lovers here 2. Awesome pix.

Old 03-22-2007, 12:27 AM
hatchimon is infamous around these parts
thats awesome...i need to visit some tracks next time im in the philippines

Old 03-22-2007, 12:37 AM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
Hesperus, you have an RT12 in the Phillippines?! You must be one rich man in that country.

Old 03-22-2007, 01:34 AM
jcu
Vernon24: hahaha bring those cars over here na! and give me a ride! soon btw if your a balikbayan i think you can bring one car home tax free or something like that!

Old 03-22-2007, 11:47 AM
Philthy is infamous around these parts
did that E30 run with you guys ? it looks sick

Old 03-22-2007, 05:38 PM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
Originally Posted by jcu
hesperus: i think we've met before in a fun run i joined a couple of years ago but im more active with the bmw club with sila ryan cruz, thanks for the invite btw! have been to brc twice already one with TRS and one last month during the C! magazine trackday. Yah i think the s2000 joined you guys in one of your track sessions he was telling us about it during this event and from what i hear you guys are pretty hardcore hehe! anyways you got PM!
how do you like Subic compared to BRC? i haven't driven Subic in years... track is always so dusty, and with zero run-off area, you've got only those concrete walls to welcome you with open arms if you **** it up!

we'll be going to BRC in a few weeks. PM me your mobile # and i'll give you a buzz when i'm back in the country.

a few pics from some previous trackdays (sorry, don't mean to hijack!)

it's all in good fun and we're all buddies that go. but there's some very friendly competition too:

Old 03-22-2007, 11:51 PM
jcu
Originally Posted by Philthy
did that E30 run with you guys ? it looks sick
Philty: yup the E30 ran with us, it was quite fast it had the Ac Schnitzer treatment with some mods that he doesnt want to share, during the highway run to the track it was at par and if not outpacing some of the newer 325's on the highway, one clue that the guy was really a car nut is that the car was running on Advan Neovas ADO7's, they left earlier so they werent able to join the timed runs

hesperus: Subic vs. BRC, track wise i think BRC is better coz its really a purpose built race track compared to Subic. For me subic can be liken to the top gear track, and BRC to the Fifthgear track. BRC has more smoother surfaces and a bit less harsher on tires, SIR's surface is rougher and according to some friends who regularly join RYWB events there, was even rougher before they repaved portions of it. and yes the run off areas SIR has turns and sections with literally no run off areas just walls left and right but the crucial points have run offs particularly turn 1 and a short run off before the tight hairpin after the bus stop and fast right hander. About the track conditions, i feel BRC has better conditions, because of all the dust and small pebbles present on the SIR track that i didnt seem to notice in BRC. But i think SIR is a faster track because it has more straights but BRC is more technical you really need to know the lines to get a good time. Fun Factor, hmmm tough one, i say people who like to drive will enjoy both, on the drive home, its easier to drive home from subic because basically NLEX is better than SLEX and although theres star toll way i feel its too bumpy and theres the traffic in lipa sometimes unbearable after a tiring drive from the track if i had to choose one based on track, BRC gets my vote, but i heard the group behind BRC is building one in CLark that is something to look forward too ohh and nice pics btw, you guys are really hard core

Old 03-23-2007, 01:43 AM
easyc is infamous around these parts
wow those sportec's look great spinning

Old 03-28-2007, 02:11 AM
02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Verone24
ay nacco, another set of great pics pare!

I want to ship this one over there and track it soon

it would be fun to take this one

I think the best daily beater/track that would be easy to maintain would be this one

nice man damn i didnt know u have a galalrdo, elise and nsx congrats man cars are hot!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Subic International Raceway (SIR) trackday again