Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

chip upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 10:27 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
chip upgrade

Any of you Cayman guys had a chip upgrade put in your car? What kind of results did you get?

Old 05-03-2007, 09:18 PM
MidnightBlue is a jewel in the roughMidnightBlue is a jewel in the roughMidnightBlue is a jewel in the rough
I had Shark Werks do the GIAC chip upgrade with the EVO Intake. The car feels more lively off the line and seems to pull harder through the rev range. Not sure, however, how much is the result of increased HP vs. remapped throttle...
Also, I seem to be getting slightly better highway mpg. (Odd, I figured it would have killed my milage but it seems to actually have helped slightly)
07 Cayman S

Old 05-03-2007, 11:34 PM
MSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud of
That's because they probably leaned it out a little more. Do you have the sport chrono Midnight?

Old 05-04-2007, 07:54 PM
MidnightBlue is a jewel in the roughMidnightBlue is a jewel in the roughMidnightBlue is a jewel in the rough
No, I didn't like the clock "thingie" on the dashboard so I didn't get the Sport Chrono. I would have prefered if they made the Sport button a seperate option but since they did not I went with the regular setup and then the chip upgrade.

Old 05-05-2007, 07:03 AM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice
Can anyone post the improvements they got by flashing they ECU??
Would be cool to know