Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cayman vs Z4M Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 05:43 PM
CaymenSKid is infamous around these parts
Cayman vs Z4M Coupe

From what i read the BMW is faster but overall what would you all pick? i was looking at the elise and deciede to go against it and stick with the porsche but as a last miniute thought i figured id throw this up in the air.... Plus i was only looking at the base cayman around 55k and the Mcoupe is the same 55k 56k. HELP lol

Last edited by CaymenSKid; 05-16-2007 at 06:00 PM.
Old 05-16-2007, 06:45 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
the cayman s and the z4m are about the same in terms of straightline. cayman s starts to pull away by about a second at 100 mph and just pulls away from there. the z4m is not as pretty as its kinda a fugly car, just cant get over the looks. on the track, the cayman s will eat the z4m every time given equal drivers. the cayman is the way to go. period.

Old 05-16-2007, 07:04 PM
Gabriel is infamous around these parts
Cayman S > Z4M COupe > Cayman

Old 05-16-2007, 08:35 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
i would chose cayman S as winner as well.
the z4m is however a very sweet car, if if was like in the mid 40s, it would be a no brainer IMHO. but with prices being much closer the caymen it is.

Old 05-17-2007, 11:41 AM
Formerly 04ImolaZHP
InfamousD is infamous around these parts
i would say some reading is in order for you. here are some starter links:

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...-cayman-s.html

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...sche_cayman_s/

also google boxster vs. z4 m or something similar.

what i take out of all the reviews i have seen it is that the z4 is more fun to drive - one reviewer called it the german viper. the cayman is easier to drive. price, option for option, z4 is $10k+ cheaper. just about every publication i have read puts the Cayman ahead of the z4 but you also have to consider the price.

i am in the market for a used boxster s or z4m vert or m3 vert and at least with boxsters, the prices seem to equal out which means that boxsters dont seem to keep their value as well but it may be due to less average options.

i am still struggling with a decision but i am leaning towards a bmw mainly because of two things: 1. free maintenance (i calculated out that over 4 years the boxster will cost about $5k more in maintenance); 2. i am completely turned off by porsche service.

looks are very subjective but i prefer the z4 m vert over a boxster. the z4 m coupe vs. cayman are about a draw, i equally dislike them.

hope this helps a bit.

Old 05-17-2007, 11:57 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
i wouldn't waste money on a Cayman. get the S if u decide on the Cayman otherwise the Z4M is a better car imo.

Old 05-17-2007, 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by 04ImolaZHP
i would say some reading is in order for you. here are some starter links:

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...-cayman-s.html

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...sche_cayman_s/

also google boxster vs. z4 m or something similar.

what i take out of all the reviews i have seen it is that the z4 is more fun to drive - one reviewer called it the german viper. the cayman is easier to drive. price, option for option, z4 is $10k+ cheaper. just about every publication i have read puts the Cayman ahead of the z4 but you also have to consider the price.

i am in the market for a used boxster s or z4m vert or m3 vert and at least with boxsters, the prices seem to equal out which means that boxsters dont seem to keep their value as well but it may be due to less average options.

i am still struggling with a decision but i am leaning towards a bmw mainly because of two things: 1. free maintenance (i calculated out that over 4 years the boxster will cost about $5k more in maintenance); 2. i am completely turned off by porsche service.

looks are very subjective but i prefer the z4 m vert over a boxster. the z4 m coupe vs. cayman are about a draw, i equally dislike them.

hope this helps a bit.
Yes it did help thank you for the input and the links.....

Old 05-18-2007, 06:45 AM
1q2w3e4r is infamous around these parts
S54B32 engine is a *******, much better than the Cayman donk, something to think about. Apart from that both awesome cars kinda hard to go wrong..

Old 05-19-2007, 01:53 PM
plantagenet is infamous around these parts
Just to throw it in there but if the z4 roadster is anything to go by the z4 coupe will not hold its value nearly as well as a Boxster or Cayman

Old 05-22-2007, 09:02 PM
Isaac987 is infamous around these parts
Have you considered a used Cayman S instead of a base Cayman? I got mine certified and less than a year old for about the price of an average new base Cayman. It's the best way to go.

Old 05-22-2007, 09:08 PM
i went with the cayman s ill post some pics thanks every1

Old 05-23-2007, 10:06 AM
Isaac987 is infamous around these parts
Great choice! Congratulations! You will not regret it. It's a great car.

Old 06-02-2007, 10:57 PM
My Choice

Old 06-02-2007, 11:35 PM
BAD ASH is infamous around these parts
I agree with Gabriel and Arling except on the 3rd choice
1 Cayman S
2 M coupe
3 Boxster

Old 06-03-2007, 06:21 AM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
cayman s is soooo sexy. everytime i see one i just love the way they look. so sleek. the cars styling is done right! performance is damn good too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cayman vs Z4M Coupe