Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More performance goodies for the monster boxster??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 11:45 AM
Banned for Eternity
teutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JP-S-St.Louis
Todd....

The way that you said that it does not look so good for a 4.1. I may have just found a guy local that does contract work for a a cup car team or two.(thanks BruceM) When IA had my car they had my blessing to do a light weight flywheel when they did the clutch. Stephen K said he did not want to do it nor the cam kit I asked about. Oh well now I have to do it all again.

Right now I have Turbo twist wheels on the car but I may be getting a set of SSR GT3 wheels this week. Thanks to David_J trading in the Boxster and the 86 911 for a 993TT...David You stud!

I may be looking at getting a cf body parts like set of fender and hood. As for the other weight reduction I will work oin me first.
Once you get to a certain age, though, it's far easier to take weight out of the car...

Old 06-22-2007, 01:25 PM
easyc is infamous around these parts
996 MkI GT3 Cup Car CF doors, fenders, and hood should be plug and play so to speak.

Old 06-22-2007, 01:49 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by teutonictrio
Once you get to a certain age, though, it's far easier to take weight out of the car...

Yep I will be 30 next month and I can already tell. I hate getting older!

Old 06-23-2007, 01:06 PM
Dave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to behold
I'll go in on a group buy of some CF stuff. Hood and deck are good starting points.

Dave

Old 06-27-2007, 12:07 PM
Schnell is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Dave
Dude!!!

And you were razzing me about wanting to SC my car!!!
Just out of curiosity, is an SC kit on a Boxster fitted with the 3.8L possible? Better yet, is this possible on the 3.8L X51?

Old 06-27-2007, 01:28 PM
easyc is infamous around these parts
well of course its possible... if they can S/C a 3.8 in a 911, then why not a boxster with a 3.8.... problem would be cooling and most difficult space issues.