Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More performance goodies for the monster boxster??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 11:23 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
More performance goodies for the monster boxster??

OK I know I am sick since I just got my Boxster running VERY well tonight, but I have been thinking what i next for the monster boxster? I would like to get to know what should be next Cam, I/C or crank. Here is my issue Stephen Kasper (IA) said NO to the set of Schrick cams that I wanted to do when I was having the SC installed. IA does not yet have the IC kit ready for the Boxster S. With all the talk from the TT guys about cranks is this a viable option? So what should my next move be? I want 450-500WHP bwahahaha

The only option I guess I have is to build a 4.1, so hurry up Todd and let me know how it works.

Old 06-15-2007, 07:41 AM
Former Vendor
Bisimoto is infamous around these parts
Camshafts do wonders for forced induction. I would go that route.

Old 06-15-2007, 08:55 AM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
Ohhh Yea and we could some high flw headwork... hmmm?

Old 06-15-2007, 10:15 AM
Eddie has a spectacular aura aboutEddie has a spectacular aura aboutEddie has a spectacular aura about
how about some little things like the rss plenum for the boxster? i'm sure you have header -> exhaust thigns covered.

also how about a lighter flywheel for better feel?

Old 06-15-2007, 01:53 PM
blinkwatt is infamous around these parts
At JP,

What else is done to the car performance wise? Wouldn't removing the hard top,removing the spare tire and swapping the exhaust(if you haven't already) give you some type of benefit performance wise from dropping 100+ lbs?

Old 06-15-2007, 05:14 PM
easyc is infamous around these parts
Well I don't think the rss plenum is made for the 986 boxster... full exhaust from headers back would be your best bet, but if I remeber correct you already have a version of those upgrades... Im sure whatever bisi eventually comes up with will be better than what is out there.
JP... outside of a shrick cam (I have always been intrigued by that upgrade as it seems noone state side has done it), your only option engine wise would be a new engine. If you really want the speed... new seats, remove carpeting, spare tire, remove the convertible and mechanism, aluminum bumper gaurds front and back, and get a fiberglass hardtop. That should remove about 300+ pounds from your ride... so you would be at what 300 rwhp and around 2500-2600 lbs. thats a pretty good pwr to weight I'd say.

Old 06-15-2007, 05:53 PM
Just a boxster?
Guy's I already have the IA supercharger 275 at the wheels! Click the link in my sig for dyno sheet. Thanks for the ideas though!

BTW: I have been looking at the perfect bore website and following Todd & brad Roberts build of a 4.1. (www.perfectbore.com)

List of Mods:
Imagine Auto Super Charger
Headers
Evo intake
Cargraphic exhaust
new clutch

For show and not GO
B&M SSK
wheel spacers
other make it pretty stuff

Last edited by JP-S-St.Louis; 06-15-2007 at 06:00 PM.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:15 PM
easyc is infamous around these parts
I totally forgot about the guys doing the 4.1 build... hows that going? 4.1 liters would be interesting with your s/c.

BTW What P-Cars does your Supercharger put you on par with speed wise?

Old 06-17-2007, 08:16 AM
Gabriel is infamous around these parts
Any link for the 4.1 builds?

Old 06-19-2007, 02:29 PM
Dave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to behold
Dude!!!

And you were razzing me about wanting to SC my car!!!

ADDICT!!!!!

I'm enrolling you into a 12-step program!!

Old 06-19-2007, 02:50 PM
Just a boxster?
yea OK so do want to be my sponsor or should I be yours? Oh wait how about FVD or IA ? NO no wait that would be like asking your bartender to be your sponsor.

Old 06-22-2007, 09:38 AM
Dave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to behold
Bartender..... Smokin' Hot, 22, legs for miles....

Anyway....I fully understand the need for more HP and the addiction. I think I'll give Stephen a call about getting a kit. Question is: Is there a limit to what the shafts and xmission can take on these cars?

Hope you are well. I haven't heard much about the Z06. You must be enjoying the Boxsta'

Dave

Old 06-22-2007, 09:51 AM
Banned for Eternity
teutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond repute
JP, I wouldn't count on Brad with those 4.1 builds - do you have a good engine guy near you? I'd just talk with them about boring out the motor a bit. 3.8 should be easy, and with your supercharger you'd be a freaking nutcase on the road.

Did you do a lightweight flywheel?

You'll want more rubber on the road, too - how wide are your wheels/tires?

I think you'd do best to just lighten it up some now. Get rid of the seats and get some lighter GT3 versions or something, get rid of a bunch of the sound deadening carpet padding, and you drop 100lbs with the two things.

Old 06-22-2007, 09:58 AM
Just a boxster?
Now we are talking 22 with a nice set of gams......mmmm 'nuff said!

Back on topic;
It is an addiction, I just hope I do not get to deep into it. The trans and shafts in the "S" are the same as on the 996 so we should be good to 600WHP from what I see with the TT guys. The issue that I am getting into is my car is starting to age with 51K miles on the clock.

I have decided against the ZO6 "maybe", I have chose to pick up an older 930 or in a year or two grab a 997GT3. Oh well time will tell.

Josh

Old 06-22-2007, 10:17 AM
Just a boxster?
Todd....

The way that you said that it does not look so good for a 4.1. I may have just found a guy local that does contract work for a a cup car team or two.(thanks BruceM) When IA had my car they had my blessing to do a light weight flywheel when they did the clutch. Stephen K said he did not want to do it nor the cam kit I asked about. Oh well now I have to do it all again.

Right now I have Turbo twist wheels on the car but I may be getting a set of SSR GT3 wheels this week. Thanks to David_J trading in the Boxster and the 86 911 for a 993TT...David You stud!

I may be looking at getting a cf body parts like set of fender and hood. As for the other weight reduction I will work oin me first.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: More performance goodies for the monster boxster??