Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Agency Power Cayman S Exhaust Debut

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 09:15 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
So many plugs there you will need more adapters! JK thank you very much. In all truth you just provided a car so we are very excited you are excited. We are working on getting more made and working on some tips too. I think it is time for a Cayman intake! Talk soon!

Dan

Old 06-28-2007, 09:16 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Glad to hear it was all that was expected. You just provided the car and we just wanted to prove another great Agency Power product! Intake next??? Glad you are happy. We are working on getting more made and possibly some titanium tips too.

Thanks
Dan

Old 06-28-2007, 06:32 PM
Former Vendor
Agency Power Cayman S Exhaust Debut

Vivid Racing recently tested the new Agency Power prototype exhaust system on a Porsche Cayman S (Doug - 05997S). The all 321 stainless steel exhaust provided an excellent sound to the vehicle and added quite a large gain in horsepower and torque on our Mustang dyno. Putting down 23 Rear Wheel Horsepower over the baseline and gaining 11ft/lbs of torque.

Check out all the pictures of the test and fitment here -
http://www.myvividracing.com/gallery...ages.php?c=252

Listen to the sound clip of the exhaust here -
http://www.myvividracing.com/vividvi...987exhaust.wmv

or at YouTube.com here -
http://www.youtube.com/v/9NVsR8Vws64

Old 06-28-2007, 06:39 PM
bavariamotorist is infamous around these parts
Slight low end torque/hp loss

Last edited by bavariamotorist; 06-28-2007 at 06:42 PM.
Old 06-28-2007, 06:41 PM
Former Vendor
Run 1 made 193tq and run 2 made 204tq.

Old 06-28-2007, 06:43 PM
bavariamotorist is infamous around these parts
Well, the peak gains outweigh the low-end loss at least.

23whp is very good Congrats.

Old 06-28-2007, 06:50 PM
Former Vendor
It makes the same TQ till 2900rpm then gains nicely

Old 06-28-2007, 07:41 PM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
There is no noticeable loss of power on the lower end as Dan states it is the same, but the improved throttle response makes it feel stronger.

I kind of felt like Brett sandbagged me when it was first installed. Due to the substantial increase in heat the second dyno showed a gain but I never saw it or was told the number. What I did notice is immediately driving around the block that there was definetly a gain so I felt like it had to be a pretty good bump. At the end of the day I actually appreciate that he chose to under promise and over deliver. Zero BS.

I was in the dark as much as anyone even today while I was there during the dyno, I looked at the graph but didn't look at the actual deltas. I knew the gain was 20hp ish but 23............I'll take that!

There is no doubt that it added power as soon as I got the car but I did not want to say anything until the dyno process was complete. I am not surprised at the gain, it has been very noticeable but I do think it took me a little while to get used to it. Very linear gain and as you can see on the graphs its virtually identical to the stock curves.

The car has a very nice tone to it with no resonance at any speed. Its not loud by any stretch so I doubt anyone will ahve an objection to the noise leve. The note from 3600 and up is IMO just right on and it sounds fantastic at redline. I started listening to music a little bit before the install now I am back to listening to the car again.

The fit and finish is awesome, the cans look great with a high polished finish through the rear fascia. Again, I have had a couple of transactions with these guys now and I appreciate the straight forward attitudes and their obvious passion for the cars.

Now where is my Starbucks gift card?

Old 06-29-2007, 10:16 PM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
Old 06-30-2007, 03:45 AM
hatchimon is infamous around these parts
should have mounted the camera on the bar instead of behind it but good sound so far...not much louder then stock! I just dont like reusing the oem tips but thats just my personal taste! thats why I ordered the B&B from vivid....

Old 06-30-2007, 08:46 AM
SD1
I intentionally obscured the view so as to avoid any comments on my driving and yeah I agree about the tips.

Love your wheels btw..............

Old 07-02-2007, 09:59 AM
Former Vendor
There was 1 sample and that is the test car. These will be out later this summer. Stay tuned!

Old 07-18-2007, 10:22 PM
advantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to behold
nice gains, whats the expect price?

Old 07-18-2007, 10:42 PM
Former Vendor
it will be around $1000. we have the first production under way and optional beefy Dual Tips too!