Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I guess Boxsters get no respect?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 10:10 PM
keevo54 is infamous around these parts
Typically they try to push test drives on used cars. Would you rather by a car with 4 miles or one with a 100 miles and 15 different drivers?

Old 08-17-2007, 10:36 PM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
I actually would prefer driving a used one that is broken in but I totally agree with the OP, driving a modded car is stupid if you are trying to get a feel for a stock car. I am never and I mean never surprised at the idiocy of car dealers.

Old 08-17-2007, 10:44 PM
turbokuo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by keevo54
Typically they try to push test drives on used cars. Would you rather by a car with 4 miles or one with a 100 miles and 15 different drivers?
Completely understand as I wouldn't mind testing a used STOCK 911. But with $7K in Third Party aftermarket engine, suspension, muffler and big exhaust tips upgrades, this was not a particulary good baseline....personally I prefer factory upgrades like PSE.

Last edited by turbokuo; 08-17-2007 at 11:13 PM.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:28 AM
OC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by turbokuo

Irvine 987,

Who did you work with at Rusnak?
Sam Khach..He was the best no bull, just told him what I wanted..Just got my 1yr form letter from him.

Old 08-18-2007, 07:40 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
Lightbulb KUDOS to Boxsters and Boxster owners!

I give a high five to all Boxster's and Boxster owners. My husband has a 996 that get's much more attention then my boxster does, but it doesn't bother me. Whenever we go on "twisties"...I come out ahead! also, autocross! your boxster will kick butt! that mid-engine makes for some serious stability! honestly, I drive around w/ the Seattle 6 speed group, which consists of GT3's, 996TT's, and M6's. I have the full respect from this group even though my car has 1/2 the HP that their cars do. They think it's great that my little boxster can hold it's own! They crack up when they rev up their dual exhaust engines, turbo charged cars, and high end induction systems, and then they look over at me and i have my completely stock 2001 boxster. I still rev it up just to entertain them! But, Hey! They respect anyone that comes out and has fun driving and enjoys the performance of each and every vehicle! Sure, I can't accelerate the way they do, but get us on some curves?? whoa nelly!

As for the salesman? Watch after he gets off work. He probably walks out to a 1974 Gremlin! Zing!

Best wishes and ^5 to all boxters!

Old 08-18-2007, 11:17 PM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by BoxsterGirlie01
As for the salesman? Watch after he gets off work. He probably walks out to a 1974 Gremlin! Zing!
I don't care who you are, that thar's funny.....

Old 08-19-2007, 09:30 AM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

hehe! i'm glad you liked that! i hope nobody here (i seriously doubt it) even HAS a 1974 Gremlin. But then again, that thing is probably worth more than my boxster! Aren't those collectors now! hahaha!

Old 08-22-2007, 02:27 PM
rotary rocket has a spectacular aura aboutrotary rocket has a spectacular aura about
My sister bought a Boxster and after driving it I was so impressed that I bought a 911. My first P-car ever.

I have a lot of respect for Boxsters.

Old 08-22-2007, 02:53 PM
iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !
I agree this has much more to do with the salesman than the Boxster you showed up in. He was seeing dollar signs instead of customer service and it wouldn't have mattered what you arrived in, he wanted you to leave in the used 911 as that's where his profit stood. Don't let one salesman disuade you from a good deal though, like others have stated- its the car you are after, not their respect. If you don't want to give them the business and can get the same deal elsewhere then that would be my first choice, if not suck it up and get the P-car from them, you'll enjoy it a lot longer than that salesman will have his job...

Old 08-22-2007, 03:00 PM
SD1
Lot of times a dealer will put a spiff on a certain car and then the sales guys get tunnel vision on that one car.

Blow it off, like Jeremy said, you will enjoy the car for a very long time.

Old 08-23-2007, 11:52 AM
Dave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to behold
Turbo,
I too don't see the relationship between the Boxsta' and the way you were treated. Have you forgotten that your Boxster S is a $60k-ish car?

Just because you ran into that D!ckhead, don't assume it was the car.

I, too, had the 911 itch some time back. Picked up my '03 TT while waiting for my Boxster S to be serviced. Notice I still have the S and not the TT? It certainly wasn't the money....

Good luck in your search. Let us know when you've traded the 997S hardtop back in for your next Boxster S. (No hate mail, please!)

Dave