Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I guess Boxsters get no respect?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 09:51 PM
turbokuo is infamous around these parts
I guess Boxsters get no respect?

I've been looking to move to a 911S after happily owning my 2005 Boxster S and also my previous Porsche (2003 Boxster) but encountered a dissapointing experienced today at Porsche of Downtown Los Angeles.

After work I picking up my 05 Boxster S from the service department who I've been working with for the last 4 years and planned to test drive the 911S as I was beginning to need the extra room in the back for emergencies and the ability for my significant other to lean back on long trips for more comfort and of course PASM. Well a sales associate approached and I explained that I owned a boxster and wanted to test drive one of the 911S for the above reasons. He return with the keys but I balked because it was a used 2007 911S with some $7K of aftermarket upgrades including engine work (400HP...ahhh sure...) and exhuast.

So I proceeded to ask to drive a stock car new or used and he kept pushing in an unenthusiastic/condescending tone to drive this particular one 2 more times because he stated that he didn't want to put miles on any other new one. Well after returning to his desk, he made the same comment one more time that "it's about the same," so I said nicely, "I'm sorry but if you're busy or something, I don't mind being handed off." So he scinically muttered "Well I'm looking for your car right, now" and moments later got up and dropped me off with the sales manager.

So I guess Boxsters get no respect? It's fustrating, what should I have done rolled up with a picture of my house in my affluent zip code with the all the rest of my luxury cars in driveway to prove that I'm serious? Sheeesh!

On a good note though Vicki the Service Manager is the best there is and the Sales Manager apologized, stated that the rep was out of line and offered me a test drive personally. But by that time I had a sour taste in my mouth from the ordeal and declined. I guess next time talk to the Sales Manager first. Funny on the way out the Service Manager caught me and asked what happened...she was shocked and felt bad as she has worked hard over the years to build a good relationship due to my Rear Main Seal and Engine failure problems.

Last edited by turbokuo; 08-17-2007 at 11:18 PM.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:03 PM
Boxzing is infamous around these parts
I'm not sure that you can tie that much into the fact that you own a Boxster. My guess is that he was a bozo saleman who previously sold loss-leader Corollas...

Old 08-16-2007, 10:30 PM
turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !
It's easy... don't give them the sale. Anyplace I'm treated like that I'll just walk out knowing that they've made a huge mistake and lost a sale

Old 08-16-2007, 10:50 PM
Bruinbro is a jewel in the roughBruinbro is a jewel in the roughBruinbro is a jewel in the rough
Buy it from some other dealer like Rusnak and then take it to P of DLA for some sort of service. Make sure you go when idiot child is there.

Bro

Old 08-17-2007, 09:40 AM
skiboard06 is infamous around these parts
I am a salesman at a Porsche dealership in upstate NY. The porsche's are so very high-end that we do look to try to keep test drive miles extremely low. However any returning customer that is in Porsche service on a regular basis would be more than welcome to drive any car on the lot. Maybe you got your salesman on a bad day... or maybe he's just a terrible person?

Old 08-17-2007, 11:28 AM
Wheelman is infamous around these parts
Sounds like the saleman was being a jerk. A Boxster S is an awesome Porsche, you got my respect.

Old 08-17-2007, 12:04 PM
skiboard06.

I'm glad there are good ones out there...

During the whole time I'm looking over at my $65K Boxster S thinking "shouldn't I be considered low hanging fruit?" Well I emailed the sales manager to express my dissapointment, but don't expect anything to come out of it as I'm only 1 in thousands of Porsche owners these days.

Old 08-17-2007, 12:42 PM
skiboard06 is infamous around these parts
You'd be surprised to what lengths we go to in order to keep our Porsche customers. My sales manager would bend over backwards and be making fantastic deals on a car to keep you as a lifetime customer.

Old 08-17-2007, 01:13 PM
Antz_997s is infamous around these parts
Another alternative will be e-mailing a few other dealerships at So Cal that you're interested in the new 997s. I'm sure most of them have plenty of 2007 997s for you to test drive since the 08s are coming in real soon.

Good luck!

Old 08-17-2007, 01:52 PM
djomlas is infamous around these parts
i dont see why you would reject to buy a car from them?

at the end of the day you want a car, not their respect or care what they thingk...its not like you drive around with all their ads all over the car...if you can get a good deal get the car, i really dont care for any particular dealer, or dealers in general, i jsut ant the car

Old 08-17-2007, 01:59 PM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
He prolly can make more money with that pre-owned model thats why he is pushing that car. Porsche dealerships arent high volumn dealerships. They try to make the most of every sale.

Old 08-17-2007, 02:34 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
Really, that sucks. Cuz I drove a friend's Sentra to the dealer when I went to test drive the c2s. No problem here. I don't even tell them any more info than they need. Just tell them you want to drive a car and that's it. Demand more and accept no less. You are the customer.

Old 08-17-2007, 02:43 PM
Who let the dogs out...
Adrift is infamous around these parts
I don't see how your story shows any indication your salesman's reaction has anything to do with the fact you drove in in a boxster.

Methinks you are being a tad defensive / oversensitive and that the salesman just wasn't up to snuff.

Old 08-17-2007, 06:26 PM
OC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant future
I was treated the same way at Newport Beach Imports went in knew what I wanted and where the car was located (they didn't have the color) The sales guy goes na we can't do anything till maybe Monday (it was friday) to see about a dealer trade. I'm like what you can't have your SM call them a see if the car is even still there and hold it. I was ready to do all the paperwork and leave a deposit. Then he tried to switch me into a used 04 that they had for the longest time. I said FU and left, drove up to Rusnak (60min away) they had the car...45 mins later done deal I'm rolling in a new P-car..

Old 08-17-2007, 09:47 PM
LIL RAJA,

You're probably right, my excitement with trying/buying the car caused me to talk and give details as I was trying to be friendly....probably better going in poker style...the less you say the better off you are most of the time.

Irvine 987,

Who did you work with at Rusnak?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I guess Boxsters get no respect?