Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reset tyre pressure errors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 05:46 PM
coscooper is infamous around these parts
Reset tyre pressure errors

All - need some direction on resetting tire pressure computer. I had a tire stem valve come loose and tire went low. Warning went on. Took it over to Discount for a quick look see in case it had a nail. Turned out to be just the stem. They reset it for free, aired up and I went on my way. Buuuuut.

The freakin on board warning idiot lights are still on and every time I turn the car on, it says I have a flat tire. Switch to the 4 tire readout and it's all 40's. Hm.... Manual says it resets itself. I've poked around every setting and info on the computer and no go.

Ideas? Semi new Boxster owner. Oh, it's an 07, regular Boxster with only 4K on the ODO. Bought it in May. Help, it's annoying as everything and if I can't figure it out, then... off to the dealer????

Old 09-06-2007, 07:38 PM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
On my Cayman you have to go into to the menu and reset the pressures. I had the same prob in that the readout was showing 32 front and 36 rear and it would not reset properly showing oe or more tires a -4 and the flat tire warning light stayed on.

I put an analog guage on the tires and found them to be about two pounds low, once I aired them up and ran through the reset it did reset properly. Be forewarned that you have to drive for awhile for it to reset.

The menu item I believe is TPC (??) go through the menu and select the appropriate tires and you should be good to go.

Old 09-06-2007, 08:36 PM
adeeois is infamous around these parts
Just added air to my left front, it was only 1 lb low according to my analog guage but I got the low pressure warning anyway. After adding pressure the warning reset within 2 minutes.

Old 09-07-2007, 03:49 AM
jonas is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by coscooper
The freakin on board warning idiot lights are still on and every time I turn the car on, it says I have a flat tire. Switch to the 4 tire readout and it's all 40's. Hm.... Manual says it resets itself. I've poked around every setting and info on the computer and no go.
I change wheels and tries a lot for the track. I have noticed that for some reason the system does not always reset. You have to get into the TPC settings and go thru the setup as if you installed new tires or wheels. go all the way thru the menus. the system will then relearn the pressures.

If needed the dealer can update the TPC program and allow "speical tyres". I had to do that to keep the system from telling me that 28psi was too low, on my track tires, which it isn't.

Also, if you really have 40psi on all 4 tires, I think you you have too much in the front. I have a cayman, and the specs are 31 front and 37 rear, just assuming that the boxster is close. If you are on 19" wheels I would put the front at 34psi, just to help prevent wheel damage from pot holes.

Dont forget that the pressures are spec'd at 80degrees F.