Vancouver, BC Members (Check in with Picture)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 12:20 PM
Maddog78 is infamous around these parts
Thanks for your pm but as I explained, this will be difficult for me to fit in.

Hope you have a great trip!

Old 06-24-2008, 11:45 AM
Doc997 is infamous around these parts
X-pel is a trade name for this whole car 3M wrap. I got into it because a friend of mine who owns a Gallardo and Elise got his done. I was a skeptic at first but when his car got keyed and the segment that was protected was fine, I said that's for me.

Last year, some jerk keyed the door of my C4S. It didn't go through the first layer and all I did was arrange for a second piece to be laser cut and reapplied to the door.

I had the work done at "Shadow Tint" in Calgary Alberta. They used to be X-Pel but I guess they were bought out by another company. These guys are probably the best in Canada and they are a training center for any body shop that gets a license to apply the wrap.

Anyways, its a great product if you are busy and don't want the hassle associated with insurance and vandalism. The product looks great to me but it doesn't have that deep mirror shine that you can get with a hand cut polish with Carnuaba wax. However, the car looks great every day with minimal maintenance and having a black car makes me settle for ease of care.

Hope that helps.

DOC

Old 06-24-2008, 01:24 PM
Mother is infamous around these parts
Thanks doc,

I'll sounds like great product, I will check around in the states for it.

Old 06-26-2008, 04:38 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Rockfreak300
Alright, I sent a PM to EVERYONE in this thread. I am really trying my hardest to get something up and going when I come and visit. It's a shame for me to see so many gorgeous cars and nice people who are genuinely car enthusiasts and not have everyone hangout and enjoy cars in unison.

Hopefully you guys are up for this. I will be free and hanging out all day Friday with Jake (SinZz on the forum) I would really love to make my trip memorable and meet some more 6speeders around the world! Hopefully we can set something up and grab dinner together somewhere or something? Anything is better than nothing!

Please respond to my message or reply back in here. Hope to hear from you all soon!

- Chris
Well I am "IN" weather permitting (suppose to be fantastic)!!
I will try to be down in the morning for the pics with other cars.
BTW-Rear spats done and on the car...here is a sneak peak.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1304.JPG
Views:	13
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	73341   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1307.JPG
Views:	11
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	73342   Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	11
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	73343  
Old 06-26-2008, 04:58 PM
SiNzz is infamous around these parts
Oh man, I wish I could get my Z in on this picture action. However, I'll be the one driving the camera equipment, so you all can check out my family's awesome subie station wagon...wooo!!

Old 06-28-2008, 06:56 AM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Rockfreak300
Yep, I'm coming to Vancouver in 9 days! (June 26/27th to be exact) I will also be there another 2 days when I return from my cruise in Vancouver. (Saturday July 5th and our flight leaves at 9pm July 6th - so I am free up until then also)

I hope some of you guys would be interested in hanging out. I'd love to see some whicked cars while I'm on my trip. Vancouver photo shoot perhaps?

Here is my thread of my visit if anyone is interested, I'd love to hear from anyone and everyone!

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...d.php?t=134141
Good meeting you guys yesterday(Chris,Jim,and Jake),hope the night-life was good to you !
No "detentions" after that school event,LOL !!???
I hope we showed some good hospitality.At least we had a great meal at "Kobe's" !
Call me when you get back.

Stacy

Old 06-28-2008, 06:59 AM
Porschedeisgn is infamous around these parts
hey nice add on.. ..what do you call those?.. rear flippers?

Old 06-28-2008, 02:43 PM
Originally Posted by justatoy
Good meeting you guys yesterday(Chris,Jim,and Jake),hope the night-life was good to you !
No "detentions" after that school event,LOL !!???
I hope we showed some good hospitality.At least we had a great meal at "Kobe's" !
Call me when you get back.

Stacy

Hey Stacy, it was great meeting you guys as well. We all had a blast and can't wait to do the shoot next Sunday. Thanks again for the meal; it was awesome and I'll definitely be back there.

The club was alot of fun, though I distinctly remember this girl Jim was dancing accidentally elbowing me in the gut twice haha. I also just got a message from Chris who tells me that he found out someone had died in his hotel bed the day before they arrived LOL. He says that he's definitely having a crazy trip.

Also, did you check out that shoot location you were mentioning on your way home? Just let us know and we'll be there. Not sure what your plans are but they'll be back early saturday morning, so if you or anyone else wants to meet up and check out some cars or just chill, let us know!

Old 06-29-2008, 12:43 AM
kane is infamous around these parts
Hey Anthony,
I think I met your dad down in Langley.Is your house in Surrey,cause I think I know that exact house(don't worry I won't say where).

The Ferrari was gorgeous.If I am not mistaken he bought it at Cat Exotics in Seattle.

Stacy

Hey bud hows it going I finally made it over here lol. hows the body kit progress?

Old 06-29-2008, 05:58 AM
Originally Posted by kane
Hey bud hows it going I finally made it over here lol. hows the body kit progress?
Kit turned out GREAT !
A couple of guys from florida were up this past weekend and seemed to absolutely love the car.He took some photos which I will post soon !

How's that air ride kit for 997 coming?

Old 06-29-2008, 01:35 PM
kane is infamous around these parts
Kit turned out GREAT !
A couple of guys from florida were up this past weekend and seemed to absolutely love the car.He took some photos which I will post soon !

How's that air ride kit for 997 coming?

THe VRH front end lifters for the 997 are completed Works really well and provides about 3.5" of lift on the fly.

I'll be in BC next weekend so I will drop you a line.

Rav

Old 06-29-2008, 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by kane
THe VRH front end lifters for the 997 are completed Works really well and provides about 3.5" of lift on the fly.

I'll be in BC next weekend so I will drop you a line.

Rav
You have the number.I do believe next sunday is another kinda photo-shoot!?

Old 06-30-2008, 12:59 AM
Yep, that's correct. So far it's Stacy (justatoy), and a member from the 350z forum with a 420zTT.

Since Chris (Rockfreak300) is currently on his cruise, I guess I should take the liberty of making an open call to all 6speeders in town, or anyone else you know with a nice car who might like to do an early morning shoot on Sunday the 6th. Location is still tentative but should be decided shortly.

Chris does awesome work, which you can check out at:

http://chrisgrosserphotography.com/

I'm sure he'd be thrilled to see some more 6speeders, and I know I would certainly love to meet some cool people and see some cool cars. Shoot me a PM or reply to this thread if you're interested, just so I can gauge how many people we might expect and can pass this info on. Thanks!

Old 07-01-2008, 01:45 PM
P-carkid is infamous around these parts
Hey guys,

I got Chris's PM the day after you guys met up, I have been really busy lately due to my dad being in the hospital. However, I do hope I can attend the one on Sunday and have already PM'd Chris back expressing interest. Would love to be in the photoshoot.

I will be waiting for the time and location being posted.

Hope everyone is enjoying the hot sunny weather.

Old 07-01-2008, 03:16 PM
Well I scouted from Port Moody(Rocky Point) all the way to Delta Port in Ladner/Tsawassen.
I figure,being a weekend and busy, we need someplace that does not have traffic !
The two places that fit this requirement were:

Delta Port,which is a looong road surrounded by water on both sides.The railway runs along one side and on the other side way across the water is the BC Ferries slip.Great road for rippin' some 1/4 mile times,LOL !

Annacis Island which had some really nice buildings,trees,quiet and even the Alex Fraser bridge in the background.Traffic last saturday was non-existent !

I really have to say Annacis Island is my pic and pretty central for all,especially since our photographer is staying in Richmond(I think).

We need to be early....AND I mean early according to Chris(photographer).
I want the pics to appear like they were taken in early evening and hopefully without parking lines in the pic !
But this will have to be discussed among us,I know some that go to bed when I am getting up,LOL !
Maybe he will be open to two seperate times?

Stacy

Anyway,my $.02...Annacis Island for my pick.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Vancouver, BC Members (Check in with Picture)