Vancouver, BC Members (Check in with Picture)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 03:33 PM
KaOsTiK is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by justatoy
Delta Port,which is a looong road surrounded by water on both sides.The railway runs along one side and on the other side way across the water is the BC Ferries slip.Great road for rippin' some 1/4 mile times,LOL !
just a heads up... delta port now has camera's up due to midnight racing, etc...so you would probably be best to mind your speed there.

annacis island has some nice shoot locations. there are a couple places near fort langley that wouldn't be bad either. hmm...porteau cove (although it's a bit of a drive) is nice. if you shoot early enough, i think you could probably setup on the brunette hwy (along the scenic part just before rocky pt) and have a trailing car with hazards..and shoot there. even rocky pt itself is nice.

i'm not sure what kinda contacts you guys have, but if someone knows anybody at delta port or even the port of vancouver and can get access for a quick shoot on their property, that would make for a good photoshoot. i'll try asking my buddy at langley airport for access, if any of you are interested.

Old 07-01-2008, 03:48 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KaOsTiK
just a heads up... delta port now has camera's up due to midnight racing, etc...so you would probably be best to mind your speed there.

annacis island has some nice shoot locations. there are a couple places near fort langley that wouldn't be bad either. hmm...porteau cove (although it's a bit of a drive) is nice. if you shoot early enough, i think you could probably setup on the brunette hwy (along the scenic part just before rocky pt) and have a trailing car with hazards..and shoot there. even rocky pt itself is nice.

i'm not sure what kinda contacts you guys have, but if someone knows anybody at delta port or even the port of vancouver and can get access for a quick shoot on their property, that would make for a good photoshoot. i'll try asking my buddy at langley airport for access, if any of you are interested.
Are these places you mentioned open to public?
If so they probably will be busy.I went to Rocky Point yesterday again to survey and couldn't even get a parking spot,nevermind all the people strolling around(all this at 7:30 am !
Even when we went to Burnaby Mountain last weekend,there always seems to be an unwanted someone,something in the photgraph.
I think we really need a place that is empty with some good surroundings..!
I am pretty much open to anything but because I will be purchasing alot of these photos later from Chris I don't want the "unwanted" in them.

PS-I didn't know about the cameras...DAMN...I didn't exactly do the speed limit down the road.Good thing the road was dead and in middle of the day !!!
Hopefully the cameras "Are" only for drag racing !

Last edited by justatoy; 07-01-2008 at 03:53 PM.
Old 07-01-2008, 04:05 PM
hmm..i'm not sure how foot traffic will be in the morning. i know when i've been to all the places i've mentioned in the morning times during this past spring, i haven't had any issues with people being in shots. at rocky pt., there were a few ppl, but i had politely asked for a couple mins to shoot my friends car.

porteau cove is usually quiet, but again it maybe out of the way. hmmm...the bcit aerospace campus isn't a bad location, or even iona beach. you'll have the water and a possibilty of catching a plane in your shot. here's one of a hercules cargo plane (a friend took the pics):

since bcit is so close to the airport, you could even do both locations

hmm...that's all i can think of off the top of my head but i'll check my 'list' when i get home of other good locations. let me know what you guys decide doing, i'll swing by and say hi

Old 07-02-2008, 01:13 AM
SiNzz is infamous around these parts
Those locations sound great, I'm going to leave it up to Stacy and co's judgement since I've never been to any of them. In regards to 2 separate times, I kinda doubt that would work as they leave that evening (sunday). Also, hate to be a party pooper but I don't exactly want to drive out to ladner twice in one day, especially if the first time is at 5AM. An alternative might be to pick a place not open to public (if possible) and do it Saturday evening. That way we'd avoid the early morning conflict with those who don't want to come out that early, and we'd all be able to enjoy our saturday night without having to get up at ridiculous hours. Just throwing stuff out there. I'll let chris know that we have another interested, as I doubt he'll be checking 6speed from the cruise.

Old 07-02-2008, 04:09 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
lets post up the time and locations, I will see if I can drop by!

Old 07-03-2008, 06:48 PM
P-carkid is infamous around these parts
Sunday will be a good day - partially cloudy, no rain in the forecast

Old 07-03-2008, 07:13 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
I hope this goes through !
Annacis Island sunday morning...Time?
Sinzzz ask Chris what he thinks..earlier the better for me !
I would love for it to look like night which means dreadfully early.
Those who cannot make it that early can come later.By the time we are done the shoot and breakfast it will be mid morning !

The reason for Annacis is no traffic,decent back grounds(variety),easy to get too !

Stacy

Old 07-03-2008, 08:02 PM
Stacy,

I'll confirm with Chris but I think his thoughts mirror your own; the earlier the better. One of the other guys coming also said he has to be out of there by 8 for work anyway. If you could give me a number in terms of cars coming out on your end that would be great (not sure if you've been in contact with some of the other 6speeders, NSX'ers etc). This way I could pass on definitive information to Chris.

My guess timewise would be 5-6AM? Let me know what you guys think and I will txt this over to Chris tomorrow as I'm supposed to confirm when I have to pick him up on Saturday, anyways.

Sounds like it should be a fun shoot.

Old 07-03-2008, 08:44 PM
P-carkid is infamous around these parts
I'll be there on Sunday morning.

I'm going to be coming from North Burnaby, anybody live in that direction (or along the way from Burnaby to Richmond) that wants to meet at a location and go to Annacis Island together?

Old 07-03-2008, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by SiNzz
Stacy,

I'll confirm with Chris but I think his thoughts mirror your own; the earlier the better. One of the other guys coming also said he has to be out of there by 8 for work anyway. If you could give me a number in terms of cars coming out on your end that would be great (not sure if you've been in contact with some of the other 6speeders, NSX'ers etc). This way I could pass on definitive information to Chris.

My guess timewise would be 5-6AM? Let me know what you guys think and I will txt this over to Chris tomorrow as I'm supposed to confirm when I have to pick him up on Saturday, anyways.

Sounds like it should be a fun shoot.
Time IS GOOD !
I haven't mentioned it to anyone else,so it will be just me!

Stacy

Old 07-03-2008, 09:15 PM
Where exactly at annacis island are we gonna meet? Should we officially make it 5 or 6AM? Or perhaps 5:30 as a good median??

Old 07-03-2008, 09:22 PM
how about pre-meeting at the wendy's parking lot just before river road (off nordel) or even easier, at queensborough landing in front of walmart? maybe make it 5-ish and those that want to can meet up at the timmy's for bfast? maybe even meet there?

Old 07-03-2008, 09:35 PM
how about pre-meeting at the wendy's parking lot just before river road (off nordel) or even easier, at queensborough landing in front of walmart? maybe make it 5-ish and those that want to can meet up at the timmy's for bfast? maybe even meet there?
I believe there is a Timmy's on Annacis Island..isn't there ?!

Old 07-03-2008, 09:37 PM
Originally Posted by justatoy
I believe there is a Timmy's on Annacis Island..isn't there ?!
i think so..i think it's just by that wendy's. anywhere would fine..i was just trying to throw some suggestion to help roll things along

Old 07-03-2008, 09:40 PM
i think so..i think it's just by that wendy's. anywhere would fine..i was just trying to throw some suggestion to help roll things along
No problem,look forward to meeting everyone !

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Vancouver, BC Members (Check in with Picture)