US Import Warranty Valid?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 08:03 PM
sardar is infamous around these parts
US Import Warranty Valid?

I searched the site, but I just wanted to confirm that warranty is still valid and treated the same as a Canadian vehicle. The car I’m looking at is an 06 Boxster S with 28k miles on the clock.
Thanks!

Old 12-21-2008, 08:20 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
If it still under factory or CPO warranty, MCL will warranty it for you. But what I heard is non-local car usually need to wait couple weeks longer to book a service day.

Old 12-21-2008, 08:44 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Ray
If it still under factory or CPO warranty, MCL will warranty it for you. But what I heard is non-local car usually need to wait couple weeks longer to book a service day.
Never had a problem at MCL myself!
A fix is a fix and money in their pockets.Mine is from the US as well.

Stacy

Old 12-21-2008, 09:17 PM
sardar is infamous around these parts
thanks!

Old 01-05-2009, 03:23 PM
swbatte is infamous around these parts
My understanding from my research importing mine is that if you broker it across the border yourself, you're good to go, if a 3rd party does it you loose the warranty. This is from a salesman at Pfaff.

Old 01-05-2009, 10:28 PM
REFLUX is just really niceREFLUX is just really niceREFLUX is just really niceREFLUX is just really nice
I had mine done completely by 3rd party, warranty's still good

Old 01-06-2009, 06:38 AM
swbatte is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by REFLUX
I had mine done completely by 3rd party, warranty's still good
That is good to know. I suppose it was just an attempt by the dealer to give me pause about importing a car.

Old 01-06-2009, 08:23 PM
Kafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond repute
Myy 2 cents

I used a reputable private company in 2008 who only imports "slightly pre-owned" exotic cars from the US into Canada. They really know all the details, they shipped in from ta eastern US Porsche dealer, changed it over to Canadian & provincial requirements, had it checked out at the US dealer, did all the PNA and customs paper work, and I drove it away in about two weeks - with NO hassle. It less expensive than if I tried to do it all myself since it was dealer to dealer negotiations. I highly recommend find yourself a reputable company to import your car.

I was not able to get the extended pre-owned warranty buthave the regular Porsche warranty at our Porsche dealer is valid here and I've used it a couple of times for small items. However, I get the impression that I'm at the "back of the bus" compared to those who bought directly from them.

Still, I got a almost new car that could not be had in Canada (I did try our dealer but they couldn't get one) and for $30-40K less than if I had bought it here (that was when our dollar was at par with the US$).
And it's a Porsche, not a Lada, so the quality is reassuring.
Good luck!
K.

Old 01-06-2009, 10:26 PM
REFLUX is just really niceREFLUX is just really niceREFLUX is just really niceREFLUX is just really nice
this is who I went thru:
http://www.lhf.com/

They have a brokerage that can represent you at the border. First time I've ever done it, generally a pretty smooth transaction however there was a lot of back and forth faxing/phone calls.
So if you decide to go thru with this, give me a PM and I can let you know what to expect & prepare for.

Old 01-06-2009, 11:06 PM
Paul540/m3 is infamous around these partsPaul540/m3 is infamous around these partsPaul540/m3 is infamous around these partsPaul540/m3 is infamous around these partsPaul540/m3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by swbatte
My understanding from my research importing mine is that if you broker it across the border yourself, you're good to go, if a 3rd party does it you loose the warranty. This is from a salesman at Pfaff.
The standard factory warranty is still good. However, if the car has CPO, then if the car is transfered from one private party to another than the CPO stays. If the car has CPO and is purchased by a dealer/broker and THEN is transfered to a private party, the CPO is lost.

That is my understanding after some research.