5000HP Dyno Day!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 11:43 PM
scubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to behold
Are we talking engine or at the wheels, I assuming stock at 320hp, so maybe 330-340 with the mods, that's why I want to run a dyno for this.

We I met up with Pro, Howie and Terry, I'll keep the 996 for a couple of years then upgrade to a 996 TT or 997 TT,

I'll bring my camcorder and camera to this.

Yung

Old 04-17-2009, 12:25 PM
SlayerLegend has a spectacular aura aboutSlayerLegend has a spectacular aura about
If its the last weekend in May, another 592 HP will be able to make it.

Old 04-17-2009, 09:12 PM
SXN
SXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to behold
We're full for now.
If someone is still interested then please let me know and I'll put u on the waiting list.
I'm sure there's gonna be a couple of guys that won't be able to make it.

Old 04-18-2009, 09:24 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Hey John. I'm definately in. Has a date been set? I'll bring the old suburban and Torque pull for pinks if anyone is interested? That sounds like a 12 up 200 down risk return scenario for the cars listed. Not a good bet.

Old 04-19-2009, 09:58 PM
SXN
SXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Zippy
Hey John. I'm definately in. Has a date been set? I'll bring the old suburban and Torque pull for pinks if anyone is interested? That sounds like a 12 up 200 down risk return scenario for the cars listed. Not a good bet.
Hey Mike,

We're aiming for the last weekend in May.. but I'll decide once I see how my May schedule is. Hopefully it works out for everyone here as well.
Thanks again for lending me the fender roller.

Also, here's a vid of the same launch control I have:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QfatYMI3hs

After watching that I'm guessing you'll be adding that feature too haha

Old 04-20-2009, 10:46 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SXN
...After watching that I'm guessing you'll be adding that feature too haha
I'll be asking when EVO will have that! Very cool.

Old 04-21-2009, 11:28 AM
M3sc is infamous around these parts
Hey I think I'd be interested in coming out, I haven't hd a chance to meet any of you guys and I figure a dyno day would be a good place.

The M3 has a stage 1 AA supercharger and AA Gen 4 exhaust which according to what I've seen should bring in around 478 BHP & 363 ft/lbs but my guess is the numbers will be a bit lower than that. Regardless, I have a few horses to add to the pool

Old 04-21-2009, 12:35 PM
SlayerLegend has a spectacular aura aboutSlayerLegend has a spectacular aura about
Remember, from the get go you have lost approx 17% of your Engine HP due to drivetrain. Then there are more losses to be had via dyno. My car put down 592 rwhp on a dyno jet, and 518 rwhp on a mustang dyno.

592 + 17% = 692 Crank HP
592 - 13% (mustang dyno) = 515 rwhp

To achieve 5000hp with even 12 cars that are rated at 600hp.

12 x 600 = 7,200hp
7,200 - 17% = 5,976 on a dyno jet
5,976 - 13% = 5199 on a mustang dyno

What type of dyno does this place have?

Old 04-21-2009, 05:49 PM
ATK63 is infamous around these parts
Is it possible to get on the waiting list? New to the forum, wanted to see what my lightly modded CLS63 can put down...

EDIT: Nevermind, I didn't realize this was taking place in the west, sorry.

Last edited by ATK63; 04-21-2009 at 05:52 PM.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:11 PM
SXN
Originally Posted by M3sc
Hey I think I'd be interested in coming out, I haven't hd a chance to meet any of you guys and I figure a dyno day would be a good place.

The M3 has a stage 1 AA supercharger and AA Gen 4 exhaust which according to what I've seen should bring in around 478 BHP & 363 ft/lbs but my guess is the numbers will be a bit lower than that. Regardless, I have a few horses to add to the pool
You're welcome to come by and join us. We might not be able to fit you in though. But again, I'm sure someone will drop out.

Originally Posted by SlayerLegend
Remember, from the get go you have lost approx 17% of your Engine HP due to drivetrain. Then there are more losses to be had via dyno. My car put down 592 rwhp on a dyno jet, and 518 rwhp on a mustang dyno.

592 + 17% = 692 Crank HP
592 - 13% (mustang dyno) = 515 rwhp

To achieve 5000hp with even 12 cars that are rated at 600hp.

12 x 600 = 7,200hp
7,200 - 17% = 5,976 on a dyno jet
5,976 - 13% = 5199 on a mustang dyno

What type of dyno does this place have?
It's a dynojet.

Originally Posted by ATK63
Is it possible to get on the waiting list? New to the forum, wanted to see what my lightly modded CLS63 can put down...

EDIT: Nevermind, I didn't realize this was taking place in the west, sorry.
You can always take a really long drive out here haha

Old 04-28-2009, 02:24 PM
SXN
Date is set! May 30th @9am.
Please post if you can make it and how late you can stay.
That way I can organize what order the cars go in.

You also have the choice to drive your own car on the dyno.
If you don't want to then just hand me over the keys

Old 04-28-2009, 06:17 PM
scubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to behold
I'll be there the whole day, will bring camcorder and camera

Yung

Old 04-30-2009, 12:16 AM
SXN
Originally Posted by scubadawg
I'll be there the whole day, will bring camcorder and camera

Yung
Guess you're goin last! hahah
I heard you're the camera guru so I expect some crazy pictures.

Old 05-05-2009, 12:10 AM
Daywalker is infamous around these parts
Yeah post some videos and pictures up on this thread afterwards!!

Good luck to all dynoees

Old 05-21-2009, 10:06 PM
SXN
Originally Posted by M3sc

Still interested? I should be able to fit everyone now.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 5000HP Dyno Day!