Importing to Canada: New Requirements for Porsche Recall Letter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 06:35 PM
Spcamno is infamous around these parts
Thank you marvls and 8ull8ear for your post again!

I am so sorry for the late respond for some reason I did not receive any notification for any new post until I log on to the forum.

Anyway, I am still shopping around and haven't decide going South of the border or just find one locally.

Will post if I have any questions.

Thank you very much again guys!

Old 05-14-2011, 05:32 AM
tommy1752003 is infamous around these parts
Hi guys, have been researching for a while didn't see anyone mention that there are any fuel tax at the border.
Can someone clarify this
http://www.importcartocanada.info/fa...-from-the-usa/
Thanks

Old 05-14-2011, 11:46 PM
GE911 is infamous around these parts
None of the 2011 Porsche Models have the fuel and or green levy tax. Just imported 2 Pana Turbo's and nothing.

Old 05-14-2011, 11:59 PM
tommy1752003 is infamous around these parts
i guess it is safe to say if am importing a 99 Carrera, there wont be any fuel and or green levy tax. am i right?

Old 05-15-2011, 12:29 PM
SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !
I just imported a 03 TT X50 and did not have to pay for fuel or green levy tax.

Old 06-30-2011, 04:09 PM
alwaysideways is infamous around these parts
Besides the cars on here, where do you guys search to find nice clean cars to import? I'm looking to find a nice clean 997 C2S

I've brought 2 Supra's into Canada so far and it was pretty simple

Old 06-30-2011, 11:21 PM
SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !
I used cars.com & autotrader.com and btw my supra has a similar setup .

Old 07-16-2011, 10:34 PM
bwu_ca is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SY6TTX50
I used cars.com & autotrader.com and btw my supra has a similar setup .

Hi, SY6TTX50

Did you import new car or used car? If it is new, can you share the dealer information? I am thinking of buying a new Porsche as well.

Many Thanks.

Bryan

Old 07-18-2011, 02:00 PM
Hi Bryan,

It was a used car. As for new cars, I believe you will also need a Manufacturer Certificate of Origin and you can obtain it from the dealership. If you do end up buying a new one from the US, please come back and post the info here.

Best of luck,
Tim

Old 08-23-2011, 04:48 PM
cosmokr is infamous around these parts
I came across a Adobe Illustrator file that you fill out and spits out a service management screen (recall letter). Would it be against the forum rules to post a link to it?

Old 08-25-2011, 09:40 AM
biobanker is infamous around these parts
Brought my 996TT from CT to ON a few days ago at Lewiston.

Border went very smoothly.

I had the car licensed with permanent plates within 5hrs of getting home!

eTest, safety, RIV inspection, and title transfer all done in one afternoon.

Tips: get your recall clearance approved prior to import that way all you have to do once youre home is pay the RIV fee and print out the Form 2 you can download an hour after you pay. At Lewiston, I passed the US export office unknowingly because it is not very visible (its the blue building on the LEFT near the US border crossing from Canada!). I declared full value - may have been able to declare less but you will be challenged on the price at every step on the CDN side so dont risk it. I picked up SRS stickers from Dodge ($35!), a child seat anchor from CDN tire ($7) and the DRL hack from Graham in Ottawa ($15). Didnt put the stickers or anchor on, just had them on the passenger seat which was fine for RIV. If youre in TO, Ill sell the anchor and stickers to you for $30! Porsche never saw the car.

Old 09-18-2011, 06:45 PM
joboo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by biobanker

Tips: get your recall clearance approved prior to import that way all you have to do once youre home is pay the RIV fee and print out the Form 2 you can download an hour after you pay. At Lewiston, I passed the US export office unknowingly because it is not very visible (its the blue building on the LEFT near the US border crossing from Canada!). I declared full value - may have been able to declare less but you will be challenged on the price at every step on the CDN side so dont risk it. I picked up SRS stickers from Dodge ($35!), a child seat anchor from CDN tire ($7) and the DRL hack from Graham in Ottawa ($15). Didnt put the stickers or anchor on, just had them on the passenger seat which was fine for RIV. If youre in TO, Ill sell the anchor and stickers to you for $30! Porsche never saw the car.
So the Porsche has filled the NSX void? I'm also on prime and recognize ur username too. lol

Old 12-11-2011, 10:19 PM
1moon1 is infamous around these parts
Hi
Every one, I am looking to buy a Porsche Boxster 2005-2006 yr Model, I have few questions for the people who have some experience with this.
1 - Is it better to buy through a dealer or private
2 - Can the person who is providing me the car get the recall letter SO I don't want to go through the dealers in Canada as I know they will do their best to rip me off. As I have talked to few dealers and they don't like people buying from USA.
3 - 2005/06 models if they are out of warranty what is the best way to make sure i am getting a good car without flying over.
Any one can give me some feedback that will be great
thanks

Old 12-11-2011, 10:22 PM
1moon1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by biobanker

Hi
Thanks for the great info you have provided, I am in Ontario as well and looking to get a 2006 Boxter. Just wondering who should I be asking for the recall letter?Dealer? what if I am buying private?

Old 12-16-2011, 10:08 AM
biobanker is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 1moon1
Hi
Thanks for the great info you have provided, I am in Ontario as well and looking to get a 2006 Boxter. Just wondering who should I be asking for the recall letter?Dealer? what if I am buying private?
You should be getting a PPI done and the advantage of getting it done at a Pdealer is that if you ask them upfront to provide the print out of the job management page, they are almost certain to do so. If not, take it to a different dealer.

Id almost even ask them to print it out at the same time you schedule the PPI - and fax it to you - so you have it.

If you can get it yourself, you can avoid the $350 DRL kit Cdn porsche dealers will force on you, as well as their BS Canadianization package. Also, myself I didnt want Porsche to do my safety or emissions.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Importing to Canada: New Requirements for Porsche Recall Letter