Your Thoughts: C4S Cab

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 11:22 PM
me&you has a spectacular aura aboutme&you has a spectacular aura aboutme&you has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by pongobaz
+1. There were only maybe 4 days over the last 3 winters that I didn't want to use my C4S either because it was a blinding storm or freezing rain and I wouldn't have gone out in my wife's Infiniti FX35 in that crap either.
+2

I've spent some winter driving time in various 911s, from 993-997, early C2 Coupes to 997 Turbos... With proper tires, most 911s are very good in winter weather (I hesitate to say they're good in snow, because really, how ofter does your daily commute involve roads that are actually covered in snow). With the weight of the engine over the rear wheels, even the C2 cars are generally fine. So, pick whichever model you'll like to drive in the summer and know that, properly prepared, you'll be fine throughout the winter as well. Happy hunting!

Old 07-31-2009, 08:26 AM
SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GRACEHMS
Thanks Tim, but I want a cab. So in that price range it looks like C4S is what I have to work with. We'll see how this year pans out...
No problem at all, I also happened to keep an eye on the FS section. Good luck with your search.

Cheers,
Tim

Old 08-01-2009, 05:06 PM
mgolzad is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by gracehms
guys,

looking for your opinions on the c4s cab...

I own a 2001 s4 and lease a mazda 3 for my fiance. I love the s4 in the winter but would really like a convertible for the summer. Is it realistic to daily drive a c4s cab all year round with a hard top for the winter?

I saw these two that peaked my interest:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e&rdpage=thumb
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e&rdpage=thumb

i wonder if my "open house" signs would fit in the trunk?
i have a 996 c4s 2005, and have been driving it everyday in the winter with the top up. It can easily be used on a daily basis yearlong

Old 08-04-2009, 09:26 PM
toppower is infamous around these parts
GRACEHMS not way in hell are you going to get those OH signs under the hood. Maybe 3 in the back seat but you'll most likely scratch the hell out of the front seats getting them in. Clients wont be too impressed when you pull up in a Porsche .... unless you are a big fish like "Barry Cohen"

Old 08-05-2009, 08:02 AM
GRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud of
toppower - I agree, the Open House signs are a no-go! Clients won't care. Most of my clients drive higher end cars themselves and they could care less how I spend my money as long as they see value in my services and I perform & deliver results. I've had the car discussion with many of my clients, as 99% end up becoming friends. They actually want a Realtor with a good car as many feel its a sign of success and they want to hire a successful Realtor, not the guy in the Camry/Accord.

I do agree that some people can come off as too "flashy" though. I know how to read the clients who could be put off by stuff like that, and I park down the block a bit instead of blasting in with a loud exhaust and pulling up right in front of the house with music blasting!

Old 08-05-2009, 09:26 AM
P car

I'm really not one to preach here given that I currently own 2 Porsches but what I do is always keep a low profile car in the driveway. Keep the S4 too. Where do you work in Toronto? PM me

cheers,

Al

toppower - I agree, the Open House signs are a no-go! Clients won't care. Most of my clients drive higher end cars themselves and they could care less how I spend my money as long as they see value in my services and I perform & deliver results. I've had the car discussion with many of my clients, as 99% end up becoming friends. They actually want a Realtor with a good car as many feel its a sign of success and they want to hire a successful Realtor, not the guy in the Camry/Accord.

I do agree that some people can come off as too "flashy" though. I know how to read the clients who could be put off by stuff like that, and I park down the block a bit instead of blasting in with a loud exhaust and pulling up right in front of the house with music blasting!

Old 08-05-2009, 07:08 PM
GRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by toppower
I'm really not one to preach here given that I currently own 2 Porsches but what I do is always keep a low profile car in the driveway. Keep the S4 too. Where do you work in Toronto? PM me

cheers,

Al
I get your point and I would actually prefer to keep my S4, but then my fiance needs her car and I have a toy E36 - so that would take the 2 of us from a 3 car to 4 car family... and not enough parking!

It's funny, I just got back from a drink in Yorkville with a client and when I was pulling out of the garage there was a silver 996 C4S Cab right in front of me and looking at it I realized it's not really THAT flashy of a car (or maybe it was because there was an Aqua coloured Murcielago parked behind it). Then when I was at the corner of Avenue & Bloor making a turn, 3 911s drove through the intersection!

Life would be easier if I didn't loves cars so much

Last edited by GRACEHMS; 08-05-2009 at 09:19 PM.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:52 PM
Any News??

Old 08-14-2009, 12:54 PM
SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !
any news??
+1..

Old 08-18-2009, 04:50 PM
Any News??
Wedding in 3 days! That's taking all my time, so the car idea is on hold...

I'm a planner, so this will realistically be a '10 decision.

p.s. I PM'd you but never heard back...

Old 08-21-2009, 08:47 PM
focusedmindset is a name known to allfocusedmindset is a name known to allfocusedmindset is a name known to allfocusedmindset is a name known to allfocusedmindset is a name known to allfocusedmindset is a name known to all
My friend's father drives his 997 C4S Cab daily (including winter) in Toronto. No hardtop and no problems, as far as I have heard.

Old 09-19-2009, 05:52 PM
Sev
Sev is infamous around these partsSev is infamous around these parts
Had a 2004 S4 before and have another audi now. I winter drive the C4 cab with no hard top. Mine is lowered too. I won't take it out on stormy days, otherwise, it is as good or better in snow than most cars...

Old 09-27-2009, 05:03 PM
Thanks for the feedback Sev!

I have had a good year with the business and got ahead of myself with planning. After stepping back with a clear head, I've decided to put my money back into the business by hiring a full time admin and towards the next house... But I did treat myself to a watch & joined a golf club.

New goal: used 911 or Aston in 2011!

Old 09-27-2009, 05:10 PM
Sev
Sev is infamous around these partsSev is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the feedback Sev!

I have had a good year with the business and got ahead of myself with planning. After stepping back with a clear head, I've decided to put my money back into the business by hiring a full time admin and towards the next house... But I did treat myself to a watch & joined a golf club.

New goal: used 911 or Aston in 2011!
I wish I had your self-control. Cars have always been a weakspot for me

Old 09-27-2009, 07:25 PM
fun911 is infamous around these parts
I live in New England. Have had local dealers tell me some C2 buyers drive their cars year round here. I guess with some good snow tires it's possible...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Your Thoughts: C4S Cab