Your Thoughts: C4S Cab

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 06:49 PM
GRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud of
Your Thoughts: C4S Cab

Guys,

Looking for your opinions on the C4S Cab...

I own a 2001 S4 and lease a Mazda 3 for my fiance. I love the S4 in the winter but would really like a convertible for the Summer. Is it realistic to daily drive a C4S Cab all year round with a hard top for the winter?

I saw these two that peaked my interest:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e&rdpage=thumb
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e&rdpage=thumb

I wonder if my "Open House" signs would fit in the trunk?

Old 07-27-2009, 07:50 PM
911A4Mustang is infamous around these parts
In Toronto you might be okay provided you have snow tires. Things to consider would be:

- ground clearance, are you going to be comfortable going in and out of laneways where you'll be pushing snow (and anything else the plow has left) with the front end
- salt on the convertible top... you will need a good detailer

Mine is a fairweather C2 Cabriolet so I'll let a C4S owner chime in with their personal experience.

Old 07-27-2009, 08:35 PM
Zlatko has a brilliant futureZlatko has a brilliant futureZlatko has a brilliant futureZlatko has a brilliant futureZlatko has a brilliant futureZlatko has a brilliant futureZlatko has a brilliant futureZlatko has a brilliant futureZlatko has a brilliant futureZlatko has a brilliant futureZlatko has a brilliant future
I don't understand...

Why not just get a turbo?

That thing is 44k...

You can pick up some very nice 996TTs off this forum for roughly the same price.

Old 07-27-2009, 08:40 PM
Winters in Canada don't allow for all year driving of a 911TT.

Didn't see the hard top in the original post so that would address the salt.

Old 07-27-2009, 10:28 PM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 911A4Mustang
Winters in Canada don't allow for all year driving of a 911TT.
this statement makes no sense...

Get a Turbo... and not Black or Grey Leather...

Old 07-28-2009, 10:40 AM
SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !
Agreed with the guys, for that price you can get a 996 TT. There was a couple of 01 996 TT on here going for $38k US. There's a few 996 C4S for sale on Ebay in the low $30k's.

Tim

Old 07-28-2009, 03:06 PM
GRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud of
Thanks guys... I simply searched for C4S on Autotrader.com because I thought Turbos would be out of my range. Knowing what you've told me, I'll search for Turbos too. I'm really hung on the cabriolet idea though - I wonder if the Turbos you are referring to were Cabs?

edit: Perhaps Autotrader is way off, but most Turbo Cabs are in the low to mid $60k range.

I know clearence will always be a concern, but I would just have to drive more carefully and on really bad days I am in a career that lets me work from home.

911A4Mustang - Why no Turbo for Winter? I know Ottawa has bad winters, but it's AWD just like the C4S but with more power.

Last edited by GRACEHMS; 07-28-2009 at 03:57 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:44 PM
Zlatko has a brilliant futureZlatko has a brilliant futureZlatko has a brilliant futureZlatko has a brilliant futureZlatko has a brilliant futureZlatko has a brilliant futureZlatko has a brilliant futureZlatko has a brilliant futureZlatko has a brilliant futureZlatko has a brilliant futureZlatko has a brilliant future
Look for 996TTs on this forum, there are plenty of car sites out there as well not just autotrader.com

Old 07-28-2009, 06:51 PM
9 lives is infamous around these parts
Just my thoughts regarding T.O. winters - my '99 C2 got me from Burlington to Oakville all winter with no issues or problems. Snow tires took care of that - so a C4S should have absolutely NO problems. My wife drives her BMW 330 soft top cab all winter without a fixed winter hardtop. Again, no issues, no problems. Not even any cold breezes blowing through. Not once did we ever see any salt on the roof and if anything was there then you could always just run it through a spray wash. Hope that helps....

Old 07-28-2009, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by GRACEHMS
Thanks guys... I simply searched for C4S on Autotrader.com because I thought Turbos would be out of my range. Knowing what you've told me, I'll search for Turbos too. I'm really hung on the cabriolet idea though - I wonder if the Turbos you are referring to were Cabs?

edit: Perhaps Autotrader is way off, but most Turbo Cabs are in the low to mid $60k range.

I know clearence will always be a concern, but I would just have to drive more carefully and on really bad days I am in a career that lets me work from home.

911A4Mustang - Why no Turbo for Winter? I know Ottawa has bad winters, but it's AWD just like the C4S but with more power.
I guess the masses have spoken, admittedly my statement is rooted in personal opinion and not personal experience. Seems that others with TT's and C4Ss have no problems winter driving. Have at it!

Old 07-28-2009, 10:10 PM
Looks like I'll be lurking the For Sale section... I do like the white C4S though. Is white a fairly rare colour on 911s?

I may have to check stock of local dealers and see if I can drive the C4S Cab & Turbo Cab. I'm curious to see how different the power delivery is. My S4 is a turbo car and while it's fun when the turbos kick in, I do like the idea of relatively immediate power from a NA engine.

Old 07-29-2009, 09:10 AM
SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GRACEHMS
None of them were cabs and both were sold in the high $30k's. Here are the links,

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...black-tan.html
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...che-996tt.html

There are currently 2 02 996 TT for sale on here in the low $40k's, just keep an eye on the FS section.

Tim

Old 07-30-2009, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by 8ull8ear
None of them were cabs and both were sold in the high $30k's. Here are the links,

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...black-tan.html
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...che-996tt.html

There are currently 2 02 996 TT for sale on here in the low $40k's, just keep an eye on the FS section.

Tim
Thanks Tim, but I want a cab. So in that price range it looks like C4S is what I have to work with. We'll see how this year pans out...

Old 07-30-2009, 04:08 PM
pongobaz is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Zookie
this statement makes no sense...
+1. There were only maybe 4 days over the last 3 winters that I didn't want to use my C4S either because it was a blinding storm or freezing rain and I wouldn't have gone out in my wife's Infiniti FX35 in that crap either.

Old 07-30-2009, 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by pongobaz
+1. There were only maybe 4 days over the last 3 winters that I didn't want to use my C4S either because it was a blinding storm or freezing rain and I wouldn't have gone out in my wife's Infiniti FX35 in that crap either.
Good feedback - thanks!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Your Thoughts: C4S Cab