Ford GT shoot in Edmonton

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 11:31 PM
RJA Photo is infamous around these parts
Ford GT shoot in Edmonton

I got the lucky chance to shoot these amazing cars this evening. Thanks to the generous owners for putting up with me moving their cars around and driving on gravel for some good pictures.

This is what I've put together so far tonight; because of the "vintage" nature of the cars, I've tried to convay that a bit with my pictures. It's too bad we didn't have a bit more time to shoot, and if there's a next time, I'll bring my tripod for some proper HDR shots. That said, if you guys won't more "pop" in the pictures, don't hesitate to ask. I took almost 250 pictures tonight and this is what I've developed so far.

I'll have some more up tomorrow for you guys. I have a birthday party to go hit up for the rest of my night, and I have some NSXs to shoot tomorrow afternoon, so I'll be sure to pop back in here after I've edited the rest of your shots.

Thanks again for getting this together!!

Last edited by RJA Photo; 08-16-2009 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Switched 1st and 3rd picture, removed no parking sign.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:53 PM
Qwiksilver is infamous around these parts
Wow! Great shots Ryan! Thanks for coming out, and please post some of your NSX photos from tomorrow's shoot as well!

Nick

Old 08-15-2009, 11:53 PM
Superfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant future
Hey Ryan,

wow, that was fast!!! And cool. Thanks to you for coming out too. Great to finally meet you.

Your bike is so gorgeous. And it sounded SO good coming up the entrance to 50!!

See you again soon. And I can't wait to see updates to this thread!!!

Pro

Old 08-16-2009, 02:14 AM
So, turns out the party wasn't much fun.

More to follow tomorrow!

Last edited by RJA Photo; 08-16-2009 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Switched picture,edited out railroad tracks in bottom corner.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:31 AM
Sharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud of
Nice, man I can't wait to get back!!!

Old 08-16-2009, 09:00 AM
Teufel657 is infamous around these parts
Great cars, great locations, great composition! I wish you could lighten them up more, it seems to lose a lot of detail in the shadows of wheels and doors. Also, a couple of the white balance adjusted ones seem quite grainy, EXIF info?

Old 08-16-2009, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by Teufel657
Great cars, great locations, great composition! I wish you could lighten them up more, it seems to lose a lot of detail in the shadows of wheels and doors. Also, a couple of the white balance adjusted ones seem quite grainy, EXIF info?
Here's the B&W in colour. A fair bit of noise in this one too, since I think I shot it at 800 ISO or so. And I'm sure I could have cleaned it up a bit better, but this is just a quick and dirty.

As for the noise (especially that last shot against the rail car), it was getting dark in the railyard with a sunset right behind it, so the contrast was unreal. The original is so blown out I didn't know if I could even get a picture out of it. The sky is just WHITE. I didn't have a tripod with me, and I imagine you know how 1/4 and half second handheld shots turn out.

Next time, I'll drive my BMW instead of taking my bike, or jam my tripod in my backpack with my camera.

Old 08-16-2009, 12:27 PM
I know the feeling of the sunsets and shadows. Do you strobe at all? or only try and work natural light?

Old 08-16-2009, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by Teufel657
I know the feeling of the sunsets and shadows. Do you strobe at all? or only try and work natural light?
Just natural light. The only thing I brought with me that night was my camera and my 18-55 lens. When you travel on a crotch rocket, your inventory is small...

Old 08-16-2009, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by RJA Photo
Just natural light. The only thing I brought with me that night was my camera and my 18-55 lens. When you travel on a crotch rocket, your inventory is small...
Time to pick up a decent bag that can hold at least a couple lenses and a flash then.

Old 08-16-2009, 09:03 PM
Chris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud of
Good stuff, I would have had a blast with these cars!

My buddy Pro has a Heritage GT, is that actually his by any chance? lol

Old 08-16-2009, 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by Chris G
Good stuff, I would have had a blast with these cars!

My buddy Pro has a Heritage GT, is that actually his by any chance? lol
The Heritage GT is Pro's, yes.