Importing a porsche->Warranty?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 09:34 AM
r_j
r_j is infamous around these parts
Importing a porsche->Warranty?

The one thing I still have yet to figure out is will they (Porsche dealers in Canada) honor the American warranty with imported veichles? Some people are saying they have to, some people are saying they wont...is that what the 1250 is for? Thanks in advance!

Old 01-16-2010, 02:39 PM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
Jesus...

Old 01-17-2010, 05:59 PM
rajeshr is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by r_j
The one thing I still have yet to figure out is will they (Porsche dealers in Canada) honor the American warranty with imported veichles? Some people are saying they have to, some people are saying they wont...is that what the 1250 is for? Thanks in advance!
You should do a search - this question has been asked several times before.

Yes, they will honour the warranty. Porsche's warranty covers both the US & Canada.

The $1250 used to be an "inspection fee" for the dealer to give you a recall clearance letter. I'm not sure that dealers still charge this - my dealer used to charge this last year, but no longer does. Apparently, you can get the recall clearance from Porsche so this fee is no longer charged. In my case, I got the recall clearance letter directly from the US dealer, so I did not have to deal with my local dealer or Porsche NA for this.

Old 01-17-2010, 06:15 PM
oatmealadam is infamous around these parts
Since you're in my area I can only recommend going to Downtown Porsche of Toronto ... stay away from Pfaff. So many times I needed parts or service and they were often difficult, tardy, and more expensive. Two dealers 20 minutes driving apart, yet Pfaff uses a different fee structure

Old 01-18-2010, 09:45 PM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by oatmealadam
Since you're in my area I can only recommend going to Downtown Porsche of Toronto ... stay away from Pfaff. So many times I needed parts or service and they were often difficult, tardy, and more expensive. Two dealers 20 minutes driving apart, yet Pfaff uses a different fee structure
I say the Opposite... Stay away from DFC, Parts guys are Lazy and Service guys are Arragont and the Sales Rep that lost my Business is at Pfaff now... For Service talk to Jimmy V at PFAFF