where is the best dealer to get a used 997tt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 08:11 PM
sanjay is a jewel in the roughsanjay is a jewel in the roughsanjay is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Zookie
mmm yeaa thats about 18.1%... not sure where we are getting here....
it's 6.1% only

you cant cound the PST/GST because you're paying that either way

Old 03-18-2010, 09:13 PM
rajeshr is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by my997turbo
Barrier porsche in Seattle, well Bellevue, has 4 or 5 turbos right now. Ya might want to consider them.

I bought my C4S from Barrier and they were excellent to deal with! Also, they were quite willing to negotiate and I managed to get a good price from them.

Old 03-18-2010, 09:34 PM
keble is infamous around these parts
NICE! I might have time to visit Barrier Porsche next week. thank you!

does 10' tt have big improvement than 07', 08' tt in performance and comfort?

Old 03-19-2010, 12:10 AM
Abby997TT has a spectacular aura aboutAbby997TT has a spectacular aura aboutAbby997TT has a spectacular aura about
In B.C anything over 55k you will have to pay 10% on PST when you register the car. And PST will be based on purchase price+ duty.

6.1% duty + 5% GST + 10% PST = 21.1% total

Old 03-19-2010, 12:33 AM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
i give up

Old 03-19-2010, 12:34 AM
rajeshr is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Abby997TT
In B.C anything over 55k you will have to pay 10% on PST when you register the car. And PST will be based on purchase price+ duty.

6.1% duty + 5% GST + 10% PST = 21.1% total
Yes, but if you buy the car in Canada, you would pay
5% GST + 10% PST = 15% total.

So the only additional cost when buying a car in the US are the duties (6.1%) and the RIV\Inspection fees.

BTW, you are right about paying a higher PST on cars for the amount over $55000 in BC.

Less than $55,000 is subject to a tax rate of 7%
From $55,000 to $55,999.99 is subject to a tax rate of 8%
From $56,000 to $56,999.99 is subject to a tax rate of 9%
$57,000 or more is subject to a tax rate of 10%

Old 03-19-2010, 10:45 AM
DLJ
DLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to behold
I am still in shopping mode for my next Pcar, but I know that there are more to choose from in the US. Even then, there are not a lot of pristine TT's available. Cars are especially few and far between here in Canada and dealers are really pricing them up there in the stratosphere, as if the economy is booming and there are buyers lining up! The prices for 07-09TT's in the US are holding up quite strongly,with the low availability of 2010 production (so some are going with the Gen. 1 cars and in the process saving some of the depreciation hit). Some purists also want the famed GT1 engine vs. the still unproven Gen. 2 powerplant. There is still a lot to be saved with our $ once again approaching par. From other threads I have read, buyers complain about the $ 1250 or so that Can. dealers hit them with for doing an "inspection" and getting the Porsche recall letter. Some buyers have managed to get the recall letter from a US dealer instead (most likely easiest if you buy from a US dealer and/or have them do your PPI) to comply with the RIV program rules (item#2). If a person is able to sort through the import rules and shipping (if not driving the car back)etc., then the savings seem to be significant. Just make sure you pay attention to the details. CPO is also valid in Canada, but I think that some Can. dealers are creating some roadblocks with that at times too. (I'd have to dig around again to check various threads concerning that, but can't do so at the moment.) Also note that in the RIV list of eligible vehicles that there is an issue with the belt tether of the '09 911 whereby the carpet has to be cut away for us Canadians and a specific label attached (not sure what that entails right now or where the label comes from-dealer or Transport Canada?). I guess we (Canucks) are obviously not capable and need to know where this tether attachment is (and we must know this because...and people in the US just have theirs carpeted over?)and of course we all read those labels!. Just enjoy the journey...

Last edited by DLJ; 03-20-2010 at 10:19 AM.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:07 AM
DLJ
DLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by rajeshr
Yes, but if you buy the car in Canada, you would pay
5% GST + 10% PST = 15% total.

So the only additional cost when buying a car in the US are the duties (6.1%) and the RIV\Inspection fees.
And you don't pay the green gas guzzler tax on a TT as it is under the 13L per 100km avg. consumption by a wee bit.

The selection of available cars is much better in the US, and the difference is roughly 7% (exclusive of shipping, airfare,etc. to the US) with RIV fees etc. added onto the 6.1% import duty. Having said that, there are just not a lot of pristine low mile, nicely optioned Gen. 1 TT's out there to begin with, and especially very few in Canada. Low production, people keeping them,etc..

So, to buy a Canadian car, you have to either just be too lazy to do the searching and paperwork yourself ( or hire someone to do it for you for a fee) or just find a seller willing to price their car much closer to the import final price. But then again, if money is no object...

Last edited by DLJ; 03-20-2010 at 10:15 AM.