Looking to invest in a Flex and other detailing equip....where to buy?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 02:08 PM
Sharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud of
Question Looking to invest in a Flex and other detailing equip....where to buy?

Hi guys, I'm located in Edmonton and am looking to pick up a flex along with a bunch of other detailing equipment, where would you suggest purchasing from?

I'd like to stay with dealers within Canada due to brokerage/duty and such(unfortunate since the looney is doing so well)

Seems like Eshine out in Ontario has a nice site and carry many products....

Other then that i'm set on the Flex 3401, any suggestions as to what brand of polish/compound/swirl remover to go with?

Thanks
Shalil

Old 04-10-2010, 04:47 PM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
Chris at Eshine is great to deal with so is Ken at www.autowerkesexclusive.com tell them Zookie sent yea from the Porsche Forums...

Old 04-15-2010, 08:30 AM
07turbo is infamous around these parts
I bought my flex, pads, polishes from eshine.

I just read a lot of posts in the 'detailing' section to figure out what I needed.

Old 04-21-2010, 12:28 PM
aln
aln is infamous around these parts
menzerna and gloss-it seem to be pretty popular brands. although i don't use a flex, i like to use menzerna products because it is very easy to use. i also tried the poorboy's line of products on my older cars and they were not bad. i like how you could polish your vehicle in the sun (limited garage space). the first two are pretty good products but its a lot easier to get your hands on the menzerna polishes if you're in canada.

Old 04-21-2010, 12:55 PM
big_willy is infamous around these parts
+1 on the Menzerna recommendation. Very happy with their products.

I use Menzerna Intensive Polish PO91E on white CCS pad (Orange pad for deeper scratches/swirls).
Follow up with Menzerna Final Finish PO85U on white CCS pad.
Finish up with Menzerna Power Lock Polymer Sealant on blue or black CCS pad.
I do this regiment once every month and a half.

Bi-Weekly I use Menzerna Power Finish PO203 on Green CCS pad.
Finish up with Menzerna Power Lock Polymer Sealant on blue or black CCS pad.

Other weeks I just wash and dry.

Old 04-21-2010, 11:13 PM
aln
to big_willy:

you do a full detail every month and a half? i think thats a bit excessive... i hope your using a paint gauge too. on a side note, what do you think about the power lock sealant? is it worth it?

to OP:

eshine is where i get all my products. i always combine orders with a friend to get free/fast shipping.

Old 04-22-2010, 01:38 PM
big_willy is infamous around these parts
But remember - in Canada detailing season is really only 4-5 months of the year (I not outside detailing my cars when it's under 10 degrees -too cold). So in reality I do a full detail maybe 2-3 times a year. I also use mild pads, usually the white CCS pads - and only use the orange pad when deep scratches are visible.

The power lock sealant is great - I won't be going back to any kind of waxes. It goes on easy, buffs off nicely, and lasts longer then most waxes.

Originally Posted by aln
to big_willy:

you do a full detail every month and a half? i think thats a bit excessive... i hope your using a paint gauge too. on a side note, what do you think about the power lock sealant? is it worth it?

to OP:

eshine is where i get all my products. i always combine orders with a friend to get free/fast shipping.

Last edited by big_willy; 04-22-2010 at 01:40 PM.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:39 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
I've give Phil at Detailers Doman a shout. I'm sure he'll take care of you.

Old 04-22-2010, 02:53 PM
aln
Originally Posted by big_willy
The power lock sealant is great - I won't be going back to any kind of waxes. It goes on easy, buffs off nicely, and lasts longer then most waxes.
Thanks for the review big_willy. I've been looking to get the power lock sealant but I'm still working on the tub of P21s wax I have. I'll definitely give it a whirl soon.

Originally Posted by Tom@Rennsport-1
I've give Phil at Detailers Doman a shout. I'm sure he'll take care of you.
Isn't Detailers Domain located in the States? OP is trying not to cross border shop because of rediculous duties and taxes we have to pay. Even USPS/Canada Post will charge us for "Handling Fees". FedEx and Purolator charges close to 20%-40% of the declared value for duties which is just robbery

Last edited by aln; 04-22-2010 at 03:00 PM.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:08 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by aln

Isn't Detailers Domain located in the States? OP is trying not to cross border shop because of rediculous duties and taxes we have to pay. Even USPS/Canada Post will charge us for "Handling Fees". FedEx and Purolator charges close to 20%-40% of the declared value for duties which is just robbery

Understood. However, we've shipped items to our Canadian customers using USPS and have found the process to be relatively pain free. It was just an idea....

Also, Phil at DetailersDomain typically has strong pricing and tons of specials for 6Speed members. Maybe he'd be willing to offer a good enough deal to offset any potential duties.