Importing Porsche from Florida

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 08:46 AM
dallas8888 is infamous around these parts
Importing vehicle

Just an update for guys considering purchasing in the states....was trying to hold off from buying down there and then paying $10k - $12k to register in Canada....planning to live in Florida 1/2 the time very soon so I'd just keep it registered in states. But, couldn't wait.

To all the guys prancing around toronto in their 911...you cost me a lot of money

So, I found a car in Maryland this weekend. CPO from porsche dealer. No state tax. $99 for temp plate which will get me to Toronto. Dealer will provide recall letter as part of the deal. Still have to do my homework with regards to the border forms but with prior help from TCouture and Bogg I don't expect to have too many problems there.

Old 09-06-2010, 09:56 PM
tcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to behold
Great to hear dallas8888, enjoy the car in good health!

T.

Old 09-07-2010, 01:45 AM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tcouture
Great to hear dallas8888, enjoy the car in good health!

T.
Hi T.

First of all thanks for the great write up!!!!

Can you tell me how much TFX charged you for transport (incl. the import/brokerage part of it) and if there where any issues (damage or delays).

Thanks!

Sid.

Old 09-07-2010, 07:22 AM
tcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to behold
Psycho Sid: PM Sent.

No problems on the writeup.

As far as TFX goes, they are really a first class operation. The price isn't cheap but, if you spend all the time and energy to find a special car, it is worth it imho. They delivered the car to my door in absolutely pristine condition, and all the deadlines were met. Actually, my car was the cheapest on the truck - the Ferrari dealer is close by and was his next stop .

Ask them for a quote, they are very responsive. I had mine brought up during the peak of the snowbirds northward migration and auto auction season in FL, but it might be less expensive now that they are all going south and a bunch of trucks are probably coming back empty.

HTH,

T.

Old 09-21-2010, 07:03 PM
Importing from the states

I now have an awesome 06 C4 in my garage. Got a one way plane ticket to Baltimore using airmiles, spent 2hrs at the dealer and then headed straight home from the dealer. I always thought I would buy private since the dealers tend to be higher. I actually found the dealers' ad on craigslist. Same price as private, with cpo warranty and from an authorized porsche dealer. There's no way I'd purchase a vehicle w/o seeing it and driving it, plus wiring the money if it was private or non-porsche dealer. The dealer provided recall letter and faxed all paperwork to the bridge in Niagara Falls. Like others have mentioned, do your homework and be patient in your search. I actually saw cars here in Ontario that were better deals than in the states....they just weren't a C4/C4S....just my 2cents.

Old 09-21-2010, 07:15 PM
Enjoy the car in good health dallas8888! Glad to see things worked out.

Post pics if you can stop grinning/driving for 5 minutes LOL.

T.

Old 09-22-2010, 12:41 PM
Ha

Thxs.

I will once I get a chance to wash all the bugs off her. The kids love how the back seats are like a built-in booster chair.

Old 09-22-2010, 01:09 PM
wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !
Guys, If you buy from a Porche dealer, get them to do the lights, the WDS print out and the letter before you pick it up.

No visit to the porsche store when you get home

Take Form 1 and Ford 2 to the RIV inspection centre with the letter and WDS print out and you'll be fine. Show them that the lights are on and you're done.

Old 09-22-2010, 05:08 PM
Wds?

I got the DRL done and the recall letter. What's WDS printout? Thxs.

Old 11-02-2010, 11:40 PM
spyderman is a name known to allspyderman is a name known to allspyderman is a name known to allspyderman is a name known to allspyderman is a name known to allspyderman is a name known to all
Originally Posted by tcouture
I brought in a 2009 C2S about 2 months ago from Sarasota, FL to Montreal, PQ. Lots of hoops to jump through but all in all, it went well.

Let me know if you have any questions, unless they are private details, I would rather keep the Q&A within the public forums so others can benefit.

Cheers,

T.
Do you know if Porsche Canada warranties the US cars coming into Canada for 2010 and 2011 model years?

Old 11-04-2010, 08:55 AM
http://www.porsche.com/usa/accessori...rrantyperiods/

"4 year / 50,000 mls (80,000 km) warranty for all new vehicles whichever occurs first*;"

"*Applies for vehicles purchased and registered in the USA and Canada (outside the USA and Canada 2 years / unlimited miles)."

You may want to call them to confirm...

T.

Old 11-28-2010, 11:53 AM
DLJ
DLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to behold
T,
Great info. I am planning on a fall 2011 purchase of another used Pcar (finally!) and it will be from the US. Interesting info and especially that TFX was able to bring the cars across the border into Canada with the documentation for each, handle paperwork,border entry fees,etc. for you, and deliver them to your door (so you didn't personally have to attend the border when the car arrived). I will have to check them out when my time to import is nearer and hopefully my low-populated area of BC is workable for them to do this too. Thanks for the effort to create a great thread!

Last edited by DLJ; 11-28-2010 at 12:06 PM.
Old 11-28-2010, 03:10 PM
In Quebec, we do not have HST yet... TFX paid the GST at border crossing and I had to pay their bill before being able to take delivery of the car. I had to pay PST when getting Quebec plates. In your case, I imagine they would just pay the HST bill when coming in and you would have to repay them the same way.

Call them, I am pretty sure you are not their first customer in BC...

Good luck with your purchase, make sure you post pics when you get it!

T.